1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Glennbad is a baaaad man

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by hunter s thompson, May 23, 2014.

1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
  2. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Here she is. Mr Glenn turned the round end 82 into a square end 82 and added some pinching. Just amazing. Turned out better than I could have hoped for.
    CFFB0FB7-0833-4880-801E-0E7DE0B9D5E0.jpeg 817CC195-DB92-47FC-B5E6-98CD45C1DDFD.jpeg C6116055-C962-4D70-92A6-92043AC74FC9.jpeg

3. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    SVTFreak likes this.
  4. SVTFreak

Mar 8, 2011
    You'd have to ask Glenn for that. I didn't see it till it showed up at my door. But I don't think there was much too it. I know he didn't plan on taking the knife apart to do it. But he would have to elaborate on that.

5. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Now I'm even more intrigued.

SVTFreak likes this.
  6. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    Sorry, no spinning rims or ground effects! Very basic mod, so i didn't take any pics.

SVTFreak likes this.
  7. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Hey guys I am getting a bit fed up reading just how good Glenn is :mad: ...... this just is not true, Man he is AMAZING!!!!!! :D :D
    Glenn Sir- this is amazing stuff- the work you are doing is just fantastic, I really admire what you do matey!

8. JustinR

JustinR Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2008
    I have no words so I'll let the pictures do the talking:
    (Schrade-Walden 61ot in amber stag)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now for a small family reunion, top left is Glenn's work, tog right is by Mr. Williams and then the bottom is a peach seed jigged bone example with coined liners. I'm a bit partial to the 61 frame....I need to dig out the rest.

[​IMG]

9. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    20180319_183707.jpg 20190819_173017.jpg qDZAb4h.jpg odnewm4.jpg Just arrived today. Here's a before and after. I asked Glenn to leave the covers thick, makes it more substantial in hand. Turned out great! Thanks Glenn :thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    Thanks Rob, that was an interesting knife to work on!

rockman0 and solphilos like this.
  11. solphilos

solphilos Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    rockman0 and JustinR like this.
  12. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    SVTFreak and glennbad like this.
  13. SVTFreak

Mar 8, 2011
    I agree. Better than I expected. Only time it's left my pocket since I got it is to work on the hot rod today cause I was sweating grinding and welding and it's humid (95* and 85% today). I don't mind patina but I don't want rust lol.

r8shell and flatblackcapo like this.