Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

"...very long time....", Chip? Really? :p

Many thanks to our friend, Dadpool Dadpool , BTW, for his diligence in helping to keep this thread alive. I haven't been over here for a very long time either, just got caught up with what I've missed, and have a couple recents to share. This one doesn't quite make it over the bar at a mere 3.75", but this Spyderco Vallotton SubHilt is one big, honkin' piece of thick-handled and -bladed cutlery at 6.25 oz. Unbelievably smooth too.

5UyQnxG.jpg

My latest, from last week, easily surpasses our blade-size threshold and is long, lean, and thoroughly elegant. This Rainmaker is my second Olamic--my first being a 247 Wayfarer--and almost surely will not be my last.

3QgCfHc.jpg

7EkzPqx.jpg
Love the Vallotton. My 1st Spyderco.
Couldn't agree more. Built like a tank, with incredible tip strength and smooth as silk...

That does suck. Man, just can't believe it came out.

*Edit*
Carrie at The Ranch already sent me a tracking number for a new screw.
That's great service!

Last edited:
I finally caved and bought a 4-Max Scout. I couldn't justify the sticker price (or even the used price) for the G10/20CV version, gorgeous as it is, but Grivory/AUS10 for $83 is a combo that I couldn't ignore. It is a 10.2-oz. TANK.

I celebrated by immediately dropping it 3' onto a wood floor (closed, thankfully!). Brushed a bit of dust off the Grivory, good as new; that's why I love this stuff. :D

w3g4olV.jpg

I finally caved and bought a 4-Max Scout. I couldn't justify the sticker price (or even the used price) for the G10/20CV version, gorgeous as it is, but Grivory/AUS10 for $83 is a combo that I couldn't ignore. It is a 10.2-oz. TANK.

I celebrated by immediately dropping it 3' onto a wood floor (closed, thankfully!). Brushed a bit of dust off the Grivory, good as new; that's why I love this stuff. :D

w3g4olV.jpg
I've been feeling this way about the SR1 tanto scout..... shouldi.....?

Back