Gonna meet the maker!!!

Brett, if you plan to do a video, I'd like to show how I sharpen a convex edge by hand with sharpeners for the field. Also how I strop.
Scott

I think that's a great idea. I couldn't sharpen worth a damn before, and for super sharp edges, I'm still not that good (trying hard to overcome the dreaded wire edge), but Scott showed me what I could do with several different sharpeners (I'll let him recommend them, different sharpeners for different grinds etc), what angles to use, and proper materials to use when stropping. I was able to put a great edge back on my Ritter Grip, Rukus (but not as good as I thought, sent that back in to BM for the pivot, and they got it super scary sharp :eek:). Couldn't do as well with an Endura and Military, not super shaving sharp, but close enough for my needs. The edge Scott put on my Military is above and beyond what I could do with my Sharpmaker and EZE Lap diamond hone/coarse. Oh yeah, an old belt and jewelers compound from Home Depot? 5 bucks. The ability to strop a helluva an edge on a knife? Priceless.

I don't want to invite myself, but if you're going to be doing a demo video, I might have to watch :confused:;):D.

Actually, I'd personally love to meet you. I think you should come on by and let's make it a mini get together.

Scott, can the shop handle three jokers, plus you????

:)

Brett
I think that's a great idea. I couldn't sharpen worth a damn before, and for super sharp edges, I'm still not that good (trying hard to overcome the dreaded wire edge), but Scott showed me what I could do with several different sharpeners (I'll let him recommend them, different sharpeners for different grinds etc), what angles to use, and proper materials to use when stropping. I was able to put a great edge back on my Ritter Grip, Rukus (but not as good as I thought, sent that back in to BM for the pivot, and they got it super scary sharp :eek:). Couldn't do as well with an Endura and Military, not super shaving sharp, but close enough for my needs. The edge Scott put on my Military is above and beyond what I could do with my Sharpmaker and EZE Lap diamond hone/coarse. Oh yeah, an old belt and jewelers compound from Home Depot? 5 bucks. The ability to strop a helluva an edge on a knife? Priceless.

I don't want to invite myself, but if you're going to be doing a demo video, I might have to watch :confused:;):D.

Actually, I'd personally love to meet you. I think you should come on by and let's make it a mini get together.

Scott, can the shop handle three jokers, plus you????

:)

Brett

I count for two bro. Couple years ago, I counted for three, but a proper diet, and chopping down dead trees with a knife can promote weight loss:D.

SHS come by after work. A video would be great. It's hard to explain through emails to folks wanting to know. I showed Brian on the Va. camping trip. Problem was I didn't have the various sharpeners or strop. When you watch me do it on the grinder, you'll know why i hardly ever hand sharpen anymore. :D
Scott

sounds like we have a plan fellas.

I'll bring the camera and the beer and we'll play with sharp things...:p:thumbup:

Brett

Woodchuck draft cider here :confused:. Brian, drink of choice?

Looking forward to meeting you gentleman.

Oh crap, is my mug going to be in this video? :eek:

Never heard of that drink. You might have to bring some....:D

Yes, you will be in this video. Fully clothed though!

Brett
Woodchuck draft cider here :confused:. Brian, drink of choice?

Looking forward to meeting you gentleman.

Oh crap, is my mug going to be in this video? :eek:

Never heard of that drink. You might have to bring some....:D

Yes, you will be in this video. Fully clothed though!

Brett

If I bring the woodchuck, I'll trade you a PSK without scales or sheath, a six pack is like ten bucks :D!

Last edited:
Bass is my preferred, but Yuengling and then Rolling Rock are both excellent secondary choices foe me, so they are fine!

Back