• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Good Knife Store in the Atlanta Area?, Any in central coast Maine?

Anyone know a good knife store in GA? I've had it with
  1. wal mart
  2. gun stores
  3. gas stations
  4. atlanta cutlery (too far away)

Maine: going there tomorrow: anyone know a good place around Belfast?

The only true knife store I can think of in Maine is The Freeport Knife Company. It is across the street from LL Beans. Great selection. Typical B&M store prices though.
It is about 86 miles from Belfast to Freeport via rt 3 out of Belfast to Rt 95 south to Freeport.
Enjoy your stay with us!:thumbup::D

FortyTwoBlades

Baryonyx walkeri
Dealer / Materials Provider
I work at Jekyll and Hyde in Bar Harbor! In terms of selection we kick the crap out of Freeport, unless it comes to Victorinox. We're right on Main St. We're basically the other knife store in Maine, and while we're only open about half the year (we're seasonal) you should stop by for a look. I don't mean to toot my horn too much (Mods, please remove this if you think it inappropriate), but if you're in the area just know that we're here.

We have: Benchmade, SpyderCo, Kershaw, SOG, Lone Wolf, 5.11, Microtech (manuals), Emerson, Camillus, Cold Steel, Boker, CRKT, S&W/Old Timer/Schrade, Case, Buck, Bradley, Blackhawk, Leatherman, Gerber, Victorinox, Al Mar, Moki, CAS Hanwei and Dovo. We also have typically have a piece or two by Lamont Coombs, as he's a local, a large selection of Buck Customs, and we have three Gold Class pieces in-store currently. We're also one of the few brick-and-mortars around that sell functional swords.

We're also fun and crazy folks, so stop in! :D

Re: Atlanta area.

Depending on your tastes....

For Case: Ford's Hardware in Marietta.

For higher end knives (William Henry and customs): Chuck's Firearms in Buckhead.

There is also a Randall dealer in the area, but the name escapes me.

Thanks folks! Anyone know any custom makers in Maine (preferably ones with inexpensive knives...)?

I've seen knives by Nick Rossi at the Freeport Knife Store. He makes some nice stuff. Don't recall the exact prices but they struck me as affordable.

Also, the store is no longer by L.L. Bean. It's further out on Main Street, before you get into the center of town with all the shops. Look for Gritty McDuff's brewpub and it's right nextdoor.

Bastid

Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder.
Staff member
Super Mod
Atlanta (aka Bastidville) has been covered as far as stores selling decent knives by JB.