Got any customized Schrades?

That is a beauty. I've seen his work before on some Schrade budding knives. He has inspired me to re-work a few 175's. I've given most of them away to friends and family.
Here's a Craftsman 95224 (maybe Camillus?) that was cleaned up and rehandled by Herman Williams

BEFORE

43720101010craftsman952.jpg
[/URL]

AFTER

43720101010craftsman952.jpg

51 OT and 881, handled in fossil ivory by Dale Vincent. Scan is not very good. There is actually some nice grain in the ivory on the 51. Some day I will learn how to use a camera.
fossilivory001.jpg

Nice knives! Dale does some great work, doesn't he?! And I like the look of that 51OT with the ivory. I've got one I have been thinking about sending out and having done in bark mammoth ivory. Maybe even blue if I can find, and afford it.

Dave

Thanks for posting more great customs guys! I love seeing them!

Thought I'd add my customs to this thread. I forgot about it when I posted new threads and it's nice to see all these fine customized Schrades in one place. First is my Dale Vincent 6OT and then pics of my Brian Yellowhorse LB-1 and my fileworked 7OT although I don't know who did the work on this last one.

Dale Vincent mammoth ivory and water buffalo horn 6OT:
02.jpg

03.jpg

Brian Yellowhorse malachite, white turquoise and abalone LB-1:
08.jpg

11.jpg

unknown customizer fileworked stag 7OT:
01.jpg

06.jpg

Gentlemen --

Amazing diversity and excellent quality of fit and finish :thumbup:

The more I see of the mammoth ivory and it's variations in appearance - Just WOW!!

-- Howie

Very nice, Dave! Like i said, Dale does great work, but that little LB1 just knocks me out! It's amazing to me that someone put that much time and effort into such a little knife. I've got one or two customized LB1's myself, including a stag handle one, but that Yellowhorse is just over the top!

Very nice, Dave! Like i said, Dale does great work, but that little LB1 just knocks me out! It's amazing to me that someone put that much time and effort into such a little knife. I've got one or two customized LB1's myself, including a stag handle one, but that Yellowhorse is just over the top!

Thanks Dave. I agree completely. Great minds think alike lol I see a lot of Yellowhorse Buck knives but not many Schrades. The Yellowhorse LB7 Timstools posted on page one of this thread is gorgeous as well.

Last edited:
I took the plunge today and bought the LB5 that matches my Yellowhorse LB1. The two deserved to stay together and I'm glad I could make it happen. I haven't got it yet but here's one pic to whet our appetites until I can take some better ones. :)

YellowhorseLB5.jpg

now that is a gorgeous LB 5. wonder if there is an LB 7?

Thanks Delmas. I am definitely wondering the same. An LB3 would be good too.

I asked the vendor how many of these knives were made and he replied that there were only two of each made making this a very limited Yellowhorse edition but I'm going to try and get in contact with Brian himself to confirm this. I'm gonna ask about an LB3 and LB7 when I do. I will let you know...

This was a Sample Gold Etched "Ruger" PH1 Blade from the Schrade USA Factory Sale.( Dagger Dan ) Chrisman from Bonner Springs, Kansas finished the knife with the Soldiered Single Brass Finger Guard and Mammoth Tooth Slabs as well as the Loveless Birdseye rivets.
Dans a super guy. who does meticulous work. Got one of his bowies, not damascus which he prefers. It's I believe the largest bowie he ever made however. Had it for 15-20 years now.

Back