Got my first Busse.

Bg fbm.
Black coat black g10.
Shaves smooth out of the box, I accidentally grazed my remote with it...and wow like a hot knife through butter, I got thick skin and I work with knives alot but this thing is wiicccckedd.
Any tips for keeping sharp?
I strop and hone my other knives for meditation everyday, oil maybe 6 or 7 times a year.

Camping when I get a chance, also maybe do some brush removal on my families property in northern Michigan. I've been working and living in the city for a few years but when I go back to the woods I wanted a heavy chopper i couldn't break, at least not as easily.

Hi Mitch!

Congrats and welcome! As long as you maintain them, a strop is all you should need. There's not much you can't do with a Battle Mistress but they excel at heavy use. IF you do manage to break it, it's all good. Just send it in and they'll replace it! It's the best warranty in the business.

Thanks, I'm also on the list for that infinadu I figure that'll be easier to get my d2d needs completed while down here in the city. I didnt realize the Battle Mistress wasn't infi until I'd already been on the waitlist for a month so I decided to just go ahead and get both.

Thanks, I'm also on the list for that infinadu I figure that'll be easier to get my d2d needs completed while down here in the city. I didnt realize the Battle Mistress wasn't infi until I'd already been on the waitlist for a month so I decided to just go ahead and get both.
SR-101 is probably better than any other steel on the market, besides INFI. This is mostly due to the legendary Busse heat treat process. There's nothing that steel can't do. If I wasn't in South Florida, with a climate that rusts plastic, I would have the majority of my blades in SR-101.

Congratulations and welcome to the madness. Someone was going to say it eventually. I first stumbled upon Bussekin in 2013. My first was a Swamp Rat Custom Shop Pumpkin RMD. I thought the $250 I paid for it was a bit steep - even for a great knife.

How many since then? I best not tell you, but a lot more than I had envisioned at that small beginning. You’ll find out soon enough.

Not quite an addiction, but as close to it as a reasonably sane man should travel. Good luck, and enjoy the ride. Lots of great knowledge on this site.

Last edited:
PS - Some might not be aware of this site. Good information, but not as many photos as the seemingly defunct ‘Busse Bad Mojo’ site. But some of their photos are available through Google Images by searching for a specific Busse knife model. Be well, all.
https://www.bussecollector.com/

Last edited:
Welcome to the group! This is a fun place for sure, and so far, Busse knives are second to none. Enjoy your BGFBM and infidu.

My first was a swamp rat RMD in sr101, and I love that thing. One of the very best knives I own. You'll Love your infidu!

Welcome, but beware its an infinitely spiraling vortex that pulls with the power of a thousand black holes. Seriously, there's so many epic blades that its very easy to lust after many. And theres nothing like another Busse. Ive fulfilled all my knife needs long ago, had everything I could handle and more, but you'll find that each knife is epic in a different way and being a knife, the most important implement in human history, some kind of survival hoarding instinct kicks in.

I like other things besides knives, I like watches, electronics, guitars, books, and I enjoy those, but its another level with knives, they're just so primal and important, and feel damn good by your side that its easy to get carried away, and we do. Although, I rest easy knowing that there's hogs out there that put my puny dozen to shame and that's a good thing that makes me feel like Im entirely sane :D:cool::thumbsup:

Back