1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Graduation Gift

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Reitwagen, Apr 28, 2019.

1. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    SAK was my knee jerk reaction when I read the thread title before reading the first post. My wife doesn’t share my love of knives but has a full size SAK on her key ring and uses it.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    eveled likes this.
  2. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Ha!
    My wife frequently gives me a good natured ribbing about gifting knives—ok for the whole knife obsession actually.

Anyhow, we just returned from her commencement ceremony (belated masters degree—Go Wifey!) to find a card and small package on our doorstep from one of her close girl friends.

Inside was a Vic Classic! Hahaha. I always thought that friend was classy! It’s not the Espada Large I joked about in post #3, but now that my wife is obligated to EDC I can tease her back!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Reitwagen and JC972 like this.
  3. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    You could also give some kind of knuck, and call it campus security. At least for those soon moving out of a safe, comfortable family home. I actually gave these to my family, and all of the kids' close friends. Along with a knife or two of course......and possibly some pepper and/or mini stun gun. For the pepper, I like the Kimber gun shaped products. It's just a more natural grip and less fumbling to get on point. Then I remind them that the knives are for utility, and to avoid thinking of them as weapons. The other devices are to help retreat and evade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of which I gave my middle daughter when she moved out. Including these knives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  4. 0lds

0lds Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2019
    One of the 2019 Limited Edition Champagne Alox SAKs would be my choice. They even have 2019 on them, if that’s her graduation year.

4mer_FMF likes this.
  5. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    The Victoronix Compact looks good, just looked it up, or an Alox Classic, as anything will be more for function than security. Gave my daughter a Tinker for general use around the dorm.

6. JC972

JC972

Mar 17, 2015
    I like the purple alox pioneer myself. She might as well.

7. Novak77

Novak77 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Awesome idea. If more people gave gifts like this, I think America would be a better place.

4mer_FMF likes this.
  8. Reitwagen

Reitwagen

Mar 2, 2009
    We acted on Bob6794's recommendation and ordered a Vic Compact. Next Saturday is her party, so we'll see how she likes it then.

[​IMG]

0lds and 4mer_FMF like this.
  9. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014