Grant & Gavin Hawk MUDD AUTO?

I sure do like mine!
XbqV8t3.jpg

Had one.

Cost me only $351 w/an LEO discount. MSRP is only $390. Traded it for a BRS Alpha Beast ALT 3.0 which I felt was a fair trade. The person to traded me for the BRS, sold the MUDD for $510; net about $490 after PayPal fees and shipping. $100 more than MSRP.

It is NOT worth over $500. Please do yourself a favor and do NOT do what they are doing w/the Slyz Bowie and overpay for this knife. G&G will be making them again in 2020. Put your name on the list now. If you can find one for less than $400, buy it. Otherwise, spare yourself the expense and wait til they become available again.

It's NOT that great a knife UNLESS you plan to drop it in the water/mud or gunk it up w/blood & guts skinning/cleaning varmints/fish. I've got 24 other autos and I like/liked ALL of them better than the MUDD. That's why I traded it.

If you need an auto that you can use w/o worrying about messing up the blade, just buy an Autonomy 2 for about $190 which has a LC200N blade that will NEVER corrode; the same can't be said for the 20CV blade on the MUDD. Just be careful not to mess up the works of the Autonomy too much and you're good at $200 less than the MUDD.

You don't know me but TRUST ME on this! It'll save you $$$$. Use the $500 to buy TWO other autos (or 2-3 other folders) that you like instead.

Last edited:
I appreciate the information and advice on the MUDD. I don’t really intend on using them for what they’re designed for but rather have as something different in the collection. I currently own a Carbon MUDD Auto that I just bought and thought a manual or different version would be nice to have as well. I will definitely look at the Autonomy 2. I really like Spyderco in general.

What exactly did you not like about it?

It wasn't that I "dislliked" it.

It was just that it really didn't need what it offered and it didn't offer me anything that I couldn't get from 2 or 3 other autos that I could buy for the price of a MUDD combined.

This is the same reason I sold a Gen 6 Hinderer XM-18 3.0. Nice knives but not a good value for the price IMO.

Last edited:
It wasn't that I "dislliked" it.

It was just that it really didn't need what it offered and it didn't offer me anything that I couldn't get from 2 or 3 cheaper auto that I could buy for the price of a MUDD.

This is the same reason I sold a Gen 6 Hinderer XM-18 3.0. Nice knives but not a good value for the price IMO.

Not everyone is buying value. Nor does everyone share your tastes.

I'd definitely qualify/reign in your post if there were no legitimate reason save preference.
Seemed a tad passionate for that.

Not everyone is buying value. Nor does everyone share your tastes.

Sorry if I offended you.

I certainly don't expect everyone to share my point of view. I was asked for my opinion and I gave it.

There's room for many different points of view including yours and mine.

Sorry if I offended you.

I certainly don't expect everyone to share my point of view. I was asked for my opinion and I gave it.

There's room for many different points of view including yours and mine.

Definitely not offended, no worries!

Nobody has a manual MUDD they want to get rid of!!?? What about a titanium or Damascus Deadlock??

Nobody has a manual MUDD they want to get rid of!!??

Think there was one sold recently on the exchange for MORE than the cost of an auto. Makes no sense to me but I don't control the mkt. ;)

Back