• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Greenaway, Chaffee For Sale or Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paypal Fees Included
Shipping Included

Rare Don Greenaway linerlock folder
3" Stainless ladder pattern Damascus blade forged by maker with matching opening stud.
The bolsters, liners and pocket clip are titanium.
The scales are polished fossilized Steller's sea cow bone with hand machined stainless screws.
The back spacer is ivory micarta.
Weight is 3 ¼ oz.

Opening and closing is as smooth as glass and has a hydraulic feel. The tolerances are tight and fit and finish are top notch. There is no blade play horizontal or vertical.

The knife was carried by me and there is a ¼" shallow scratch on the reverse bolster.
The knife has been used, but is still sharp and still has the maker's polished edge.

The maker carries each knife as a user before it is released to the buyer. The maker says that the most important thing about his knives is how they cut. "If they don't cut there is no sense in making a knife. If it doesn't chop a two-by-four and then shave hairs the knife is not worth making. I put each knife I make through a cutting test before it is finished."
Price is $400 OBO or trade. Full Price Insurance Included

GreenawayObverse.jpg

GreenawayReverse.jpg

GreenawayLockUp.jpg

GreenawayBladeCenter.jpg

GreenawayBackStrap.jpg

Jeff Chaffee linerlock folder
2⅞" ATS-34 blade steel with an unsharpened swedge
The bolsters and liners are titanium.
The scales are blue carbon fiber
The back spacer is black micarta.
Weight is 3 oz.
There is a tip-down stainless steel pocket clip included in the sale

The tolerances are tight and fit and finish are top notch.
The knife was carried by me and there small shallow scratches on the bolsters.
The knife has been used, but is still sharp and still has the maker's edge.
Price is $200 OBO or trade.

ChaffeeLinerLockObverse.jpg

ChaffeeLinerLockReverse.jpg

ChaffeeLinerLockBladeCenter.jpg

ChaffeeLinerLockLockup20-20Copy.jpg

Dave's Rules for Trades

Cash is king – My first choice is cash. Do not assume the value of the knife is the cash price as often I value the knife at a higher price.

I will not add cash to any trade.

I will not trade for “a swine in a sack”. Be prepared to show me pictures of your trade as I have done in my listing. I prefer pictures of the obverse, reverse, blade center and lockup. That also means that I'm not casual about trading; this is business.

I reside in Florida. Open carry of side-opener and out-the front auto knives is legal in Florida so feel free to offer an auto in trade.

The first "I'll Take It" will get the knife. Knife will be shipped USPS Priority Mail Insured. Stated price includes Paypal fees, shipping and insurance with payment via Paypal .

The knife resides in Florida USA and I prefer not to deal with Customs so USA only.

E-mail or PM with any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back