Groundhogs Day Batch

Man, what the hell. That wasn't a large box that won't fit into mailboxes. (it fit into my standard sized one)

I'm going to stop insuring packages. I sold 176 knives last year, and it was over $500 bucks for insurance. Meanwhile narry a package was lost. I can personally insure your packages, and bank the funds.

I think our mail person is just a POS. One lady in particular will get out of the mail truck to put a notice into the box saying that she couldn't deliver the mail because the box was blocked. Her definition of blockage includes a pile of leaves from raking the yard.

Typically, she will drive onto the sidewalk so that she doesn't have to get out of the truck in order to open the box. I guess she is afraid to drive over the leaves, but if the box isn't blocked enough to prevent her from putting the "mailbox blocked" notice in the box, why not just deliver the actual mail?

Last week we had some snow and freezing rain. She broke one rivet on the door to our box trying to get it open because it was frozen shut.

Yikes. Mine are all really cool, and help me out a lot.

Mine also. When I was in accident, they drove up the hill from the mailbox to deliver to my door for two months. THEIR idea.

Cannot complain about USPS service in rural Wisconsin at all. Helpful, trust-worthy, and watch out for customers.

:thumbup:

This one finally made its way home today courtesy of a trip to the PO. As always, Andy's fit and finish is excellent and this new scandi grind is incredible. No pics or review just yet, but it will be forth coming. I definitely made the right decision to go with the EIRW/Paduk:thumbup:

Beautiful work as usual, Andy.
Every time I see one of your knives the word "elegant" comes to mind. They really have a unique quality.
Awesome.
Iz

This one finally made its way home today courtesy of a trip to the PO. As always, Andy's fit and finish is excellent and this new scandi grind is incredible. No pics or review just yet, but it will be forth coming. I definitely made the right decision to go with the EIRW/Paduk:thumbup:

So glad that came. That penetrator tip is the first one I felt confident about. I immediately did two more just to make sure I had figured out what I had figured out. Now I can do them anytime without hesitation.

So glad that came. That penetrator tip is the first one I felt confident about. I immediately did two more just to make sure I had figured out what I had figured out. Now I can do them anytime without hesitation.

See, what'd I tell you: "One day you'll say 'penetrator tip', that old feature? Well, ok!"

Dang!
Like I needed more knives to want.
Thanks Andy!
I really like your work.
Keep 'em coming.

CP

Hi Fiddleback,

How do you finish your burlap micarta?

Thanks,

Doug

Same as any other micarta. Sand to 220, scotchbrite. Incidentally, thats the same method I use for wood.

Can you put the penetrator tip on any knife or just scandis?

Yep. I have the penetrator tip figured out now. I can put it on any knife.

Dang!
Like I needed more knives to want.
Thanks Andy!
I really like your work.
Keep 'em coming.

CP

Cool!! Thanks for posting!!

Andy, I bought the lower Bow Legged Joe in this picture. I love it, and it makes me want a Bow Legged Belt Knife! I've wondered about this, so I thought I'd ask:

Why the difference in the blade shape from the Bow Legged Joe to the Bow Legged Belt Knife, as shown in the pic below?

ej102_1530-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Just sat down and started drawing, and thats the shape I came up with. The Bow Legged chopper has that same kinda slanted spine also.

Back