Attention Group Buy HB's are ready to ship

Thanks to everyone for participating. I hope this has really worked out for y'a'll, and I'm interested to hear your opinions of the process and results. I was aslo surprised by the handle choices.
Thank you for this opportunity! My opinion has already been echoed by others, but I’ll add my two cents anyway....:)

I’ll refer to my avatar picture when I say that it was great for all of the Baby Sharks (or Sharkettes, as well as non-Sharks, for that matter) to ALL get the chance to snag the knife we wanted. As @dedery mentioned, the Friday sales are exciting, friendly, and respectful, but milliseconds can make a big difference when several folks want the same one, especially when that One might be a grail knife for someone who isn’t as adept at sharking (see avatar picture, again ;)). This group buy allowed many of us to obtain a knife that we may otherwise have missed out on.

The WIP pictures really added so much to the feeling of ownership, like we had a part in their creation somehow and were watching it all come together. Plus, I’m guessing that from the business end, it gave you guys the guarantee of a sale ahead of time. Seems like a win-win situation.

I am really hoping to see more group buys in the future, even if it’s not for the models that I prefer. Hope you guys are as pleased with the results as we are!

I am super stoked to see you folks thought it went as well as we did... I really enjoyed doing the WIP pics and reading your reactions and seeing the excitement as they progressed.

Thanks again everyone and stay tuned for the next one!

2v2JYDQmnxurAoi.jpg

2v2JYDQTqxurAoi.jpg

2v2JYDQiNxurAoi.jpg

time for a break......like these guys
2v2JYDQDWxurAoi.jpg

Curious minds want to know how you expected the choices to break down...

(No doubt, all of the choices offered were great, but Osage over natural/blue and DIW over natural/white are equal perennial favorites, no?)

I underestimated how many people would want SS and micarta. All of these choices are among my favorites, but we need to refine what we offer. Next time we might offer more woods. I think it went well. And my favorite thing about it was that y'all got to direct production. We need to figure out how to do more of that.

Thanks for doing this Andy! Really neat way of picking up my first Osage and AEBL Fiddleback. And I completely forgot about the Natural liners on the Osage, they look fantastic.

From the consumer side seemed pretty simple and straightforward, but as Phillip alluded, probably a little more involved on your side with or without any hiccups. The work in progress thread was also a great way of showing the repeatable details by you and crew that go into making Fiddleback Forge knives.

Hey Noah! You coming to the meeting at my shop on the 28th. Be good to see you. I'm very glad we did this too. We will be planning to do more.

I can't emphasize enough how much I liked and apprecaited this. 3 years ago when I started collecting Fiddlebacks the Friday process was fun. If I claimed 3 knives and scored 1 or 2, that was great. But then I reached the point that I was much more selective about what I wanted, and if that would show up in the Friday thread after patiently waiting 6 weeks, and I missed out on it because someone beat me to it by 200 milliseconds, that was not so much fun (and similar with dealers by the time I get to checkout the knife is gone). I have wanted a thin, stainless hiking buddy in a nice wood for a long time, and had basically given up. Same with a few other models. And frankly I don't have time or interest to do the flea market thing. So this was win/win. I am getting a knife I have 'desperately' wanted, and you are getting incremental business you wouldn't have otherwise captured. Only wish I could have purcahsed 2.

Unrelated (or semi-related depending on how you look at it), from a pure business standpoint, I still don't understand why you don't skew what you produce more to thinner stock and/or stainless where there seems to be quite a bit of unmet demand. I do appreciate that the spalting(?) looks better on the A2 knives, but the AEB-L or fiddletextured(?) CPM154 still look great.

Anyway, thank you!

This I had never thought of. I really appreciate you posting it. The Fridays turning off the collector once he gets established is pas bon. I have relied on having a stock around for Phillip to sell by phone, but this buy opened it up. We will be considering more of these. Thanks for the post.

Thank you for this opportunity! My opinion has already been echoed by others, but I’ll add my two cents anyway....:)

I’ll refer to my avatar picture when I say that it was great for all of the Baby Sharks (or Sharkettes, as well as non-Sharks, for that matter) to ALL get the chance to snag the knife we wanted. As @dedery mentioned, the Friday sales are exciting, friendly, and respectful, but milliseconds can make a big difference when several folks want the same one, especially when that One might be a grail knife for someone who isn’t as adept at sharking (see avatar picture, again ;)). This group buy allowed many of us to obtain a knife that we may otherwise have missed out on.

The WIP pictures really added so much to the feeling of ownership, like we had a part in their creation somehow and were watching it all come together. Plus, I’m guessing that from the business end, it gave you guys the guarantee of a sale ahead of time. Seems like a win-win situation.

I am really hoping to see more group buys in the future, even if it’s not for the models that I prefer. Hope you guys are as pleased with the results as we are!

Phillip really nailed the organization of this thing so that it went really smoothly. I mean one month. That was quite a feat. I think we will definitely do more group buys. The question is, whats next?

Only just saw the pic (notifications are a little spotty)

Amazing!

Thanks for sharing VANCE VANCE :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And keep the pics of the “smushed nose crew” coming, too. Miss mine (beautiful, sweet boxer lady) horribly :(

Last edited:
Phillip really nailed the organization of this thing so that it went really smoothly. I mean one month. That was quite a feat. I think we will definitely do more group buys. The question is, whats next?
Indeed, that is the question. ;)
Judging by the popularity, perhaps once everyone recovers from this one, Phillip can conduct a poll or open a thread for suggestions to gauge interest in different models. But for right now, I’m delighted to have participated in this one and am looking forward to seeing the finished product in my Lady fingers. Hint.

Paypal sent!!! Thank you so much again for doing this! I found Fiddleback about 8 months ago and this will be #6 already. I love the idea of a group buy. Not only do we get amazing knives but they come with a little something that's even more special!!

Paypal sent!!! Thank you so much again for doing this! I found Fiddleback about 8 months ago and this will be #6 already. I love the idea of a group buy. Not only do we get amazing knives but they come with a little something that's even more special!!
Ha! Looks like a common pattern: I’m also at about the 8 month mark for FF, and this will also be #6...

I agree that was went really well! Though I wasn't one of the buyers, following along with this process has been fun. I would have definitely been in if OD micarta was an option or the Osage had a white stripe. Blue is my second favorite, but I'm being a perfectionist in wanting match Osage knives.

I will definitely be interested in the next group buy. Hoping for the next size down in AEB-L on something. And if it's Lil Ladies then I hope one of the options is Osage/white/natural! :D

Back