1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention Group Buy HB's are ready to ship

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Thank you for this opportunity! My opinion has already been echoed by others, but I’ll add my two cents anyway....:)

I’ll refer to my avatar picture when I say that it was great for all of the Baby Sharks (or Sharkettes, as well as non-Sharks, for that matter) to ALL get the chance to snag the knife we wanted. As @dedery mentioned, the Friday sales are exciting, friendly, and respectful, but milliseconds can make a big difference when several folks want the same one, especially when that One might be a grail knife for someone who isn’t as adept at sharking (see avatar picture, again ;)). This group buy allowed many of us to obtain a knife that we may otherwise have missed out on.

The WIP pictures really added so much to the feeling of ownership, like we had a part in their creation somehow and were watching it all come together. Plus, I’m guessing that from the business end, it gave you guys the guarantee of a sale ahead of time. Seems like a win-win situation.

I am really hoping to see more group buys in the future, even if it’s not for the models that I prefer. Hope you guys are as pleased with the results as we are!

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    I am super stoked to see you folks thought it went as well as we did... I really enjoyed doing the WIP pics and reading your reactions and seeing the excitement as they progressed.

Thanks again everyone and stay tuned for the next one!

3. Coach23

Coach23 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    @VANCE Thanks for the pictures! I hate I didn't get in on this group buy, but loved watching them come from raw material to sweet knives:thumbsup:

4. newmoon010

newmoon010 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Hi Phillip, payment sent. Thank you all for this Group-buy!!

Fiddleback and VANCE like this.
  5. C_Stahl

C_Stahl

May 27, 2014
    Payment sent, thanks again Andy and Crew. It’s been awesome watching these knives take shape.

Fiddleback likes this.
  6. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    time for a break......like these guys
    [​IMG]

7. MMatt

MMatt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Payment sent, thank you!

VANCE likes this.
  8. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    Awesome! Can’t wait to open up that box and see which one I got!

The dog picture is adorable...;)

Oyster and VANCE like this.
  9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    the "smushed nose crew"

newmoon010, Oyster and Lady1911 like this.
  10. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Payment sent.

Thanks again everyone!

I will be happy with ANY of those Desert Ironwoods.

11. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator

Oct 19, 2005
    I underestimated how many people would want SS and micarta. All of these choices are among my favorites, but we need to refine what we offer. Next time we might offer more woods. I think it went well. And my favorite thing about it was that y'all got to direct production. We need to figure out how to do more of that.

Hey Noah! You coming to the meeting at my shop on the 28th. Be good to see you. I'm very glad we did this too. We will be planning to do more.

This I had never thought of. I really appreciate you posting it. The Fridays turning off the collector once he gets established is pas bon. I have relied on having a stock around for Phillip to sell by phone, but this buy opened it up. We will be considering more of these. Thanks for the post.

Phillip really nailed the organization of this thing so that it went really smoothly. I mean one month. That was quite a feat. I think we will definitely do more group buys. The question is, whats next?

12. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Only just saw the pic (notifications are a little spotty)

Amazing!

Thanks for sharing @VANCE :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And keep the pics of the “smushed nose crew” coming, too. Miss mine (beautiful, sweet boxer lady) horribly :(

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Lady1911 and VANCE like this.
  13. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    Indeed, that is the question. ;)
    Judging by the popularity, perhaps once everyone recovers from this one, Phillip can conduct a poll or open a thread for suggestions to gauge interest in different models. But for right now, I’m delighted to have participated in this one and am looking forward to seeing the finished product in my Lady fingers. Hint.

Fiddleback, VANCE, Oyster and 2 others like this.
  14. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    I just wanna say this couldnt have gone so well w/o Allens work he put in..

15. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    Those look great! I'll get in on one some day. Personally would love to see the Ladyfinger or recluse offered. Just give it a month or three so I can save up. ;)

Nbrackett, Fiddleback and Lady1911 like this.
  16. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    Thanks Allen! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

17. AZCreeker

AZCreeker

Nov 30, 2017
    Paypal sent!!! Thank you so much again for doing this! I found Fiddleback about 8 months ago and this will be #6 already. I love the idea of a group buy. Not only do we get amazing knives but they come with a little something that's even more special!!

VANCE, Fiddleback and Oyster like this.
  18. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    Ha! Looks like a common pattern: I’m also at about the 8 month mark for FF, and this will also be #6...

AZCreeker, Lady1911 and VANCE like this.
  19. SLOsmokin

SLOsmokin Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I'm at month 3 and eyeballing #4... Sounds like I might have the fiddleback fever too.

20. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I agree that was went really well! Though I wasn't one of the buyers, following along with this process has been fun. I would have definitely been in if OD micarta was an option or the Osage had a white stripe. Blue is my second favorite, but I'm being a perfectionist in wanting match Osage knives.

I will definitely be interested in the next group buy. Hoping for the next size down in AEB-L on something. And if it's Lil Ladies then I hope one of the options is Osage/white/natural! :D

Fiddleback, Lady1911 and Oyster like this.