Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

This may be of interest to you Lambsfooters.
I was watching an episode of the 70s TV show The Persuaders( a light hearted romp through the latter years of the cold war ,awful hairstyles, plastic clothing , flares wider than the Atlantic and overacting so hammy it has tusks..) It featured Roger Moore and Tony Curtis...as playboy troubleshooting chick magnets..an absolute classic IMHO.
So theres a Russky hitman trapped in a cupboard and he uses what is quite clearly a Lambsfoot to poke the key out from the lock where he can reach it on the floor from inside.....

Had an absolutely great father's day! We went to the Calaveras Big Trees. Then we went to the Mercer Cavern....16 stories down in the ground. Then dinner with my family! Such a great day!
twq8AY3.jpg

GFYBZab.jpg

IMG_20190616_104335.jpg
IMG_20190616_144131~2.jpg
IMG_20190616_143928~2.jpg
Capped off with a great beer!
IMG_20190616_173339.jpg
Carried my 19 Ebony knife alllllll day!

Last edited:
Had an absolutely great father's day! We went to the Calaveras Big Trees. Then we went to the Mercer Cavern....16 stories down in the ground. Then dinner with my family! Such a great day!
twq8AY3.jpg

GFYBZab.jpg

View attachment 1146277
View attachment 1146276
View attachment 1146275
View attachment 1146278
Sounds like you and the family had a wonderful time :thumbsup:
Do they still turn the lights out in the Caverns? Went there one time and they turned the lights out. So I thought I'd be romantic and kiss the side of my wife's neck in the dark. So I got behind her and did the deed - but when the lights went back on, there was a Japanese male tourist standing in front of me instead of my wife :eek: He didn't do or say anything, just looked straight ahead and I did one of those silent side step things as quick as I could :rolleyes: True story!
OG

Do they still turn the lights out in the Caverns? Went there one time and they turned the lights out. So I thought I'd be romantic and kiss the side of my wife's neck in the dark. So I got behind her and did the deed - but when the lights went back on, there was a Japanese male tourist standing in front of me instead of my wife :eek: He didn't do or say anything, just looked straight ahead and I did one of those silent side step things as quick as I could :rolleyes: True story!
OG

That's priceless

OG
:D hahahah! That is hilarious!

Yeah they did....crazy how the complete darkness tricks your mind! That cavern is wayyyy better than the Moaning Cavern. My son had a blast and was behind the tour guide leading the way.

twq8AY3.jpg

GFYBZab.jpg

View attachment 1146277
View attachment 1146276
View attachment 1146275
View attachment 1146278
Sounds like you had a great time. Happy Father's Day.

OG
That is just way too funny. :D :thumbsup:

Howdy / Happy Fathers Day to all!
Great photos and comments since last week, as always!:cool::thumbsup:

Happy Fathers Day!

I carry a lambsfoot...View attachment 1145704 Because I am smitten... :D
Same to you, Dwight! And a great photo as well.:):thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians and Happy Father's Day
Same to you, John! What a Wonderful Woody Wonderland!:cool::thumbsup:
Happy Sunday, Guardians! My bamboo pot means Pu-erh tea, with a little honey.

fKLC7rb.jpg
That pot does look interesting! The Lambsfoot looks at home there as well!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians and Happy Fathers Day to all you dads! :) Hello my name is Ron and I carry a Lambsfoot! :D

33652199128_be608d6cc5_b_d.jpg
And being such a handsome knife, I do not blame you for carrying it!:D:thumbsup:
Afternoon Guardians, Happy Father's Day to all the dads, and I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I didn't have time to check in this morning, as I was heading to the Royal Armouries to meet up with @WDJ and hand over his Hartshead Barlow in person :) :thumbsup:

YEIjKP8.jpg

I conspired to engineer the return of the Sunday Sausage Sandwich! :D

HRl8Qst.jpg

Though it actually wasn't any better than the lousy coffee they serve at the Armouries unfortunately :rolleyes:

After spending some time with @WDJ, as he headed back across the Pennines, I walked back into town, and called in for a pint and some lunch at a trendy Leeds bar :rolleyes:

XcGpNti.jpg

nPlvksX.jpg

I'm just having a cup of tea and catching up here, then I have emails to deal with, and some more packaging :thumbsup:
Looks like a great day, Jack, and a great way to finish it up!:):thumbsup:
Thank you very much Jack for the hand delivery of my beautiful new barlow (partly out of necessity due to the new UK knife laws that have recently come to pass). It was a pleasure to meet you. The knife is wonderful, and for everyone waiting for theirs to cross the 'pond' you are in for a treat - it will be with the wait. View attachment 1145751
Congratulations, what a great looking example! And very cool you got to meet up with Jack for a hand delivery!:cool::thumbsup:
Great knife and mug, Jack! ;):thumbsup:
I carry a Lambfoot bladed piece on a regular basis .
Happy Father's Day my friends .

Harry
What an incredible knife, Harry!:eek::thumbsup: I would carry it on a regular basis as well!:cool::thumbsup:
Ha, one member of a forum I'm on has "Dear Auto-correct, I'm tired of all your shirt":D
Do wish you all a good Sunday, especially all dads...
IMG_1185.JPG
:D:thumbsup:
And a lovely shot, Preston!:)
Sunday Morning Coming Down. :cool:
View attachment 1145759
(Another)Beautiful photo / knife and painting, Dave!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
No updates on the Barlow package, but then I turned on the telly and saw a fierce debate going on as to whether or not my Barlow Package should Exit the UK.:)

But until then...
1f63f933-de0e-4883-9380-bea23cab1d4b-jpeg.1145847
:D
What a great shot, Harvey! Fantastic knife and a cool button!:eek::thumbsup:
Another pic from my stroll along the River Aire this morning :thumbsup:

R86xuP8.jpg
Beautiful!;)
Still on pins and needles :rolleyes: Thanks for the pic :thumbsup:

Good Morning everyone. Hope everyone has/had a great Sunday :D
OG

zbEFnnD.jpg
And you as well, OG!
Great shot, love the mug, but what a great Lambsfoot!!:eek::thumbsup:
Spent a wonderful day with our oldest daughter. :) Have a great evening and night.
img_2321-jpeg.1146223
Sounds like a great day, and a lovely Damascus/Stag to have in pocket!:cool::thumbsup:
KSuF61x.jpg

Hope everyone had a good Father's Day. Had a quiet weekend with my family myself.
Same to you, Vince!
Very lovely shot!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
twq8AY3.jpg

GFYBZab.jpg

View attachment 1146277
View attachment 1146276
View attachment 1146275
View attachment 1146278
Wow, what a wonderful memory for later as well!:eek: Fantastic photos, Taylor!:thumbsup:
OG
:eek::D
Great story, OG!:p:thumbsup:

My carry (around the house) today.
aM4PpnV.jpg

Thanks Jack, you also!

Thank you Preston :)

Thank you Jack. All of your barlow pics are making me very excited. :cool:

Beautiful example! Just perfect and I love the wood.

Thanks Harvey. :)

Let us hope that bunch doesn't have any say or we might as well give up.:D

Another fantastic knife and pic. Is that a "pin - on" button?

Spent a wonderful day with our oldest daughter. :) Have a great evening and night.View attachment 1146223

Thanks Dwight, I'm glad you had a great day :) That's a smashing pic :thumbsup:

What is happening in the UK with knife laws. There seems to be some worries on the forum. Hope i'm in the right area.!!!

Nothing good I'm afraid :( As Vince helpfully says below, there are other sub-forums to discuss such things, but here's a link for those who want to wade through the latest shenanigans :thumbsup:

https://services.parliament.uk/Bills/2017-19/offensiveweapons.html

I believe there is a knife laws forum, as well as a political forum. This may not be the right place to discuss this, but I'm not a moderator. :)

Thank you Vince :thumbsup:

KSuF61x.jpg

Hope everyone had a good Father's Day. Had a quiet weekend with my family myself.

Quiet sounds good Vince, your Rosewood is looking nice :) :thumbsup:

OG
Thats Classic.
So ahem ahem did ya see the bears game last night?
Hai! Herruvva game!

Question is..where did your wife go?
o_O:D

This may be of interest to you Lambsfooters.
I was watching an episode of the 70s TV show The Persuaders( a light hearted romp through the latter years of the cold war ,awful hairstyles, plastic clothing , flares wider than the Atlantic and overacting so hammy it has tusks..) It featured Roger Moore and Tony Curtis...as playboy troubleshooting chick magnets..an absolute classic IMHO.
So theres a Russky hitman trapped in a cupboard and he uses what is quite clearly a Lambsfoot to poke the key out from the lock where he can reach it on the floor from inside.....

Thanks for that meako meako , do you know which episode it was? :thumbsup:

twq8AY3.jpg

GFYBZab.jpg

View attachment 1146277
View attachment 1146276
View attachment 1146275
View attachment 1146278

I'm glad you had such an amazing day Taylor, thank you for sharing it with us :) Those pics are great, and your ebony '18 is looking fantastic :) :thumbsup:

OG

LOL! :D That is hilarious OG! :D I've committed some clangers in my time, but that has them all beat my friend :D :) :thumbsup:

Looks like a great day, Jack, and a great way to finish it up!:):thumbsup:

Congratulations, what a great looking example! And very cool you got to meet up with Jack for a hand delivery!:cool::thumbsup:

Great knife and mug, Jack! ;):thumbsup:

What an incredible knife, Harry!:eek::thumbsup: I would carry it on a regular basis as well!:cool::thumbsup:

And a lovely shot, Preston!:)

(Another)Beautiful photo / knife and painting, Dave!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D
What a great shot, Harvey! Fantastic knife and a cool button!:eek::thumbsup:

Beautiful!;)

And you as well, OG!
Great shot, love the mug, but what a great Lambsfoot!!:eek::thumbsup:

Sounds like a great day, and a lovely Damascus/Stag to have in pocket!:cool::thumbsup:

Same to you, Vince!
Very lovely shot!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, what a wonderful memory for later as well!:eek: Fantastic photos, Taylor!:thumbsup:

:eek::D
Great story, OG!:p:thumbsup:

My carry (around the house) today.
aM4PpnV.jpg

Thank you for all the kind words Dennis, I hope you're doing OK buddy :) The patina on your '19 is incredible :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) Also hoping @cambellclanman is well on his way to finally being tucked up in bed after that long flight back to New Zealand :thumbsup:

I'm starting off the week with some stag ;) Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

IvYZbkQ.jpg

Hey guys - just checking in - sitting at Bali Airport now about to board- final flight a 9 hour flight aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhh

:(

If ONLY I could check on my knives. :(
Will post when I land in NZ and check on my knives immediately @ around 5am Tuesday ( we left Amsterdam Sunday 2.30pm lol ).

Loving the Hartshead Barlow shots and Preston’s outside shot is lovely :thumbsup:

Hey guys - just checking in - sitting at Bali Airport now about to board- final flight a 9 hour flight aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhh

If ONLY I could check on my knives. :(
Will post when I land in NZ and check on my knives immediately @ around 5am Tuesday ( we left Amsterdam Sunday 2.30pm lol ).

Loving the Hartshead Barlow shots and Preston’s outside shot is lovely :thumbsup:

Blimey Duncan, what a marathon, you must both be exhausted! :eek: Hoping the final flight goes well my friend :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black
Mate its S1 E21 Read and Destroy.
IMDB lists it as s comedy ....which would be true ..if it was funny.
It was after school standard fair for me.
Interestingly a lot of episodes seem to be written by Terry Nation ...creator of The Daleks....not only that my new heater looks like a Dalek...thus nature balances itself...
Meanwhile how does one obtain a Hartshead Barlow for ones collection? Do you need to know the secret handshake?:D

Back