Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hi Guardians :) It's only 5pm here, but I'm already 13 hours in to a very long and very tiring day, so in case I fall asleep trying to catch up, I thought I'd post to say Hello :) :thumbsup:

fIFYZhn.jpg

I just need to be more careful, and not open a knife after two martinis! ;)
Lol... That's a valuable life lesson. :)

Hi Guardians :) It's only 5pm here, but I'm already 13 hours in to a very long and very tiring day, so in case I fall asleep trying to catch up, I thought I'd post to say Hello :) :thumbsup:

fIFYZhn.jpg
Hello to you too, Jack.
That's a fantastic picture you posted. Hope your evening is more restful.

Yup I was thinking Torpedo from Sierra Nevada, IPA from Laugunitas or Delicious IPA by Stone.

Mmmmmm :) :thumbsup:

Nice pic Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like Brooklyn, NY. You might not care for a 'dirty martini', but I like olives in my vodka, and don't mind if a little extra brine gets splashed in. ;):thumbsup:

There's an old American tradition known as a Boilermaker, which is a shot of whiskey with a beer chaser, although some folks will drop the shot glass onto the beer for a "depth charge" (I miss the puke emoji)

Is it the weekend, yet?
jd6e3FJ.jpg

I've never had a Martini :( Chasers used to be a regular addition to rounds among my friends, but you rarely see folks drinking like that now. Not even in Scotland, I don't think, where folks regularly drank a 'half and a half', a beer and a whisky, or in Ireland (probably a few old fellers still keeping the tradition of a whiskey on the side alive ;) ). When I used to have a local, I'd quite often buy folks sat at the bar, and behind it, shots, as would others, but I don't get out so often now :( Back in the 70's, in my early teens, I used to go to a nightclub that had a weekly 5p (about 7 cents I think) drinks night. The draught beer was rubbish, and probably watered, so folks used to buy a pint (5p), and a load of shots, and just tip them into the beer :rolleyes: Does anyone know where the name 'Boilermaker' comes from? You sometimes hear folks say 'Depth Charge' here, but I don't think I remember hearing 'Boilermaker' used :thumbsup:

Nearly! :D Nice pic of your Barlow :) :thumbsup:

The waiting is the hardest part.... This made it bearable!
B8wOL8Q.jpg

Hope you're not waiting too much longer Dave :) :thumbsup:

Smashing pic Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Good evenin' Guardians!

HZOBRXp.jpg

Cheers Barry, nice drinking companion there ;) :) :thumbsup:

Great pic Dave :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks. It took some deep thought from a still kinda sharp mind ;)
Everytime she drank one, she'd say "Lookout, below" :rolleyes:

:D :thumbsup:

Gawd, I'm beat! :eek:

Did you know a Lamb has four feet?o_O:DView attachment 1151655

Big smile here Charlie :) Love that pic, what times we live in :) :thumbsup

Guardians, my Hartshead Barlow arrived in today mail:thumbsup: and after much running back and forth my computer is back from the shop, supposedly exorcised of all demons and gremlins:rolleyes: Time will tell but so far, so good. Only have a gazillion pages to try and catch up on!
Here it is as it came so lovingly packaged from Jack. More photos after I get her flushed and oiled...
IMG_1201.JPG

Great to see another one land Preston :) :thumbsup:

Well, I am a bright Chartreuse green with envy seeing all these wonderful Hartshead Barlow models from everyone in such beautiful settings, thanks all!!!
Mine is on the way via a rocket ship from England. :)
Also nice to see that old family Razor, donn.
Enclosed is my trusty stag Wright Lambfoot next to my favorite candies which are no longer made but still available with a little hunting.
These Necco candy wafers tend to end up in the love them or hate them category by most (older) people. :)

View attachment 1151686

Cool pic pal, I've never even heard of Necco wafers before :( :thumbsup:

My house number is 1217, and I saw yesterday that this thread was approaching that page number. So my plan was to make as many posts on that page as I could to kind of make it mine! But I severely underestimated the pace of the thread, and page 1217 has come and gone with zero posts from me! :rolleyes::thumbsdown::mad:

Couple of splendid photos of your stupendous new lambsfoot models, Dylan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Nice reply in the spirit of my silly post, Jack; thanks! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder about post-delivery obligations, Jack! ;):thumbsup:

That's a difference between American and British English of which I wasn't aware; thanks, David. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I may be a natural, but there's always the question of "natural WHAT?" :rolleyes: Who IS Dan Dare? Google didn't give me anything that looked right for the context.

I like that pic with your "Eye of Sauron" lambsfoot and the razor VERY much, David! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looking at your stag Hartshead Barlow is reminiscent of gazing into a campfire, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Dave, I usually don't like taking orders from people, but in the case of your commands here, I'll make an exception! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Greg, I don't dare carry that old pocket watch because I got it from my Dad, who got it from his father, who got it from his uncle, who got it as a gift for n years of service from a Chicago railroad for which he worked. (For the past 6 months, I've been wearing a FitBit on my wrist and carrying my old Casio wristwatch in my pocket because I can't read the FitBit watch outside because of glare. :rolleyes:)

Rub-a-Dub-Dub,
Three Lambs in a Tub!!
Great storage idea, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congratulations on the arrival of your Hartshead Barlows, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Both stag and rosewood look superb!

Nice pics of Hartshead Barlows, both rosewood and stag, with baked goods, Harvey & John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Harvey, when I was a young man, I'd get quite excited if a young woman told me, "I like parkin." Somehow, you making the same statement doesn't do much for me. :rolleyes::D I am quite moved by the line of demarcation on your rosewood, though! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, John; great job with the Y, and I think OG proposed a good X example. :):thumbsup::cool:

True enough, Taylor, and IMHO that's a crazy-great pic you took of that knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup: The color of the concrete block is incredible!

Greg, that's a good use for your tin! :thumbsup::cool::cool: What do you put in your whittling first aid kit? I should probably consider making one. I remember whittling at the bus stop 3 years ago, and my knife slipped while struggling with a knot in the wood and sliced my holding thumb. (I was foolishly whittling without a glove or thumb guard on either hand. :() I had to wrap my bleeding thumb in my wet used towel from my gym bag as the bus pulled up.

My favorite rosewood Hartshead photo so far, Dwight; outstanding! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That fetching photo has me pining for my rosewood Hartshead Barlow's arrival, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, FBC. :) Congrats on the new rosewood Hartshead, and on the final day of the old job! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Best wishes for the next one.

Good wood, Vince, and a very pleasant patina! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Majestic photo, Alan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Lam Jack all week for me:
View attachment 1151689

- GT

Thanks GT, Lam Jack is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Wanted to wait for sunset to shoot this one. Again, Thank you Barry.
EAAE268F-920C-4541-8562-00038E53E43D_zpstc9wnmsn.jpeg

Fabulous :) :thumbsup:

My Hartshead Barlow with rosewood covers arrived this afternoon! I took a couple of quick photos before my camera batteries gave up the ghost, and want to post one tonight before bedtime as an official record of the arrival. You'll notice signs, near the tang and on the protruding spring in this first pic of the pile side, that I haven't even made time to flush the knife yet.
Thanks again to Jack Black for making this happen, and I hope to have "official debut photos" Thursday or Friday.
View attachment 1151720

View attachment 1151721

- GT

Glad it made it Gary :) :thumbsup:

Running on empty! :eek:

My Hartshead Barlow with rosewood covers arrived this afternoon! I took a couple of quick photos before my camera batteries gave up the ghost, and want to post one tonight before bedtime as an official record of the arrival. You'll notice signs, near the tang and on the protruding spring in this first pic of the pile side, that I haven't even made time to flush the knife yet.
Thanks again to Jack Black for making this happen, and I hope to have "official debut photos" Thursday or Friday.
View attachment 1151720

View attachment 1151721

- GT
Congratulations Gary! :thumbsup: :)

Beautiful jet black ebony Ron.:thumbsup::D
Thank you Dave! :thumbsup: :)

Ron, are those brass pins and bolster, or just the light playing tricks?
They are nickel silver Jeff. Maybe some light, but I believe it’s just tarnish or natural discoloring. I store all of my Wright’s in Sack-ups. All of my Wright’s knives that I’ve had for a while exhibit the same discoloring regardless of handle material! :)

Ebony Beauty, Ron. :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks John! :thumbsup: :)

Half/Stop Half/Stop That Ebony is one sweet Lambsfoot to roll with, Ron.
Thanks Harvey! Your Waynorth is a beautiful Lambsfoot my friend! :thumbsup: :)

I've never had a Martini :( Chasers used to be a regular addition to rounds among my friends, but you rarely see folks drinking like that now. Not even in Scotland, I don't think, where folks regularly drank a 'half and a half', a beer and a whisky, or in Ireland (probably a few old fellers still keeping the tradition of a whiskey on the side alive ;) ). When I used to have a local, I'd quite often buy folks sat at the bar, and behind it, shots, as would others, but I don't get out so often now :( Back in the 70's, in my early teens, I used to go to a nightclub that had a weekly 5p (about 7 cents I think) drinks night. The draught beer was rubbish, and probably watered, so folks used to buy a pint (5p), and a load of shots, and just tip them into the beer :rolleyes: Does anyone know where the name 'Boilermaker' comes from? You sometimes hear folks say 'Depth Charge' here, but I don't think I remember hearing 'Boilermaker' used :thumbsup:
Don't know where the phrase came from, but I like them. Gotta use good beer and good whiskey.

Another drink I like a lot is called an "Irish Car Bomb," and I am not getting political--that's just what it's called. It's half a shot of Jameson's and half a shot of Bailey's. You drop the shot glass into a pint glass (with maybe 8 ounces) of Guinness. It starts to bubble up for some reason. Then chugalug quickly. It tastes so good!

My Waynorth Cutlery #93 Lambsfoot in ebony came in today! I am completely and utterly smitten! I was really expecting a lot out of this knife, which can be a recipe for disaster, but I am still blown away by it. No gaps, excellent centering, perfect grind, great job on the pins, beautiful covers, flawless bolsters... It goes on. My specimen at least (in my opinion) is an incredible example of just how good a production (albeit smaller production) knife can be. I love it. As far as pinchability goes... I just had surgery on my left shoulder two weeks ago and I am able to pinch open it without too much difficulty.

I'm still kicking this darn infection (and am supposed to be taking it easy) and the weather wasn't great today... So some indoor shots that I shared in the GEC thread will have to do for today. I'll get some better ones just as soon as I am able. I thought the desert ironwood background was at least fitting for what's in the works... ;)

8f10XVb.jpg

zTLgUEK.jpg

Ybrkqvn.jpg

Mvz0owz.jpg

NNe7WEu.jpg

I'm glad it ended up well, but I would have rather not had the story to tell. :D

Thanks, I'm feeling MUCH better today!

As am I! Had I not been able to retrieve it, I doubt I would have ever heard the end of it from my wife because I'm always the one calling out "Did you check the address?", "Did you apply the promo code?", etc, lol.

And thank you! I just got the stitches out today and am feeling much better. :)

Thank you very much!

You know... I bartended/waited tables for a decade and have tried a LOT of IPAs and I've still yet to find one that I like. I gotta say, the three you suggest are about as close to bearable as they get for me though... So props there, lol. I guess I'm just too much off a Porter and Stout fan. It's been hard to move away from those. I particularly like the Deschutes Brewery out of Bend, Oregon for an excellent, reasonably priced beer (Porter or Stout). Then again, I'm one of those weird people who takes their Don Julio Reposado and Tecate both with lemon rather than lime so I'm apparently an odd one.

YAY!!! :) Looks fantastic :) :thumbsup:

At football today. It's the last week before a two week mandated "dead period" where no football activities can take place. Out on the field turf, it was breezy and cool for late June which was NICE. Barlow pictured on the turf wayyy better then the Astros turf I played on!
mfvFqum.jpg

Giant wasp nest I found close to the weight room. About the size of a football. I so wanted to go get some wasp spray!
L6aMec5.jpg

Nice pic of your Hartshead Barlow Taylor :) Smoke those wasps! :thumbsup:

How about an "old friend" for Thursday?
2I3m9LY.jpg

That one has been a good friend to you Vince :) :thumbsup:

I sure hope you don't have insomnia, Jack. You get up WAY earlier than I do!

Thanks pal :) I was up at 4.00am :rolleyes: :( :thumbsup:

Thanks , Vince. I have walked out on a few myself. I like my boss and most of the people I worked with so I didn't want to put them in a tight spot. I did have to mess with them a little though, the day before my last day I called in saying I was sick ( I was on my way to work ) asking my boss if she could check to see if I had enough sick time to be sick tomorrow too. When I walked in a couple minutes later she gave me that " You are not funny" look but she did laugh about it later. :D

Ya know Jack, I haven't really made up my mind yet. I have a few options, all in the mechanics field. that more my "thing".
That Hartshead is looking dapper. Is that a old honing steel that you're using as a prop?

I say we all STRIKE! ;):D
Here in California, employers do not even need a reason to fire you. Workers rights are definitely getting thin.
That Waynorth Lamb is a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:
Also, nicely photographed, as always.

Thank you GT, I'm lucky to have such good friends here on the Porch.
I can see why Lam Jack is your choice for the week.
Fantastic photo, your pics have been looking really good lately. :thumbsup:

48135698188_8a105be08e_h.jpg

Thanks buddy, I have quite a few old steels, and I'm sure that would function as one, but it's actually an old marlin spike I picked up last week :)

MVoqEbg.jpg

Great pic :) Here's to it, good luck Kevin :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly. Your Sambar is looking good.

Work wise, the most satisfying phrase I ever uttered, was at my last place of employment, a part time job. At the last straw, I said to my manager, I quit, effective immediately. It felt great. I never regretted the decision.

Everyone has to do it at least once :) :cool: :thumbsup:

I once quit a job in France quite spectacularly (forgot about that) ;) :thumbsup:

Oh man... I HATED playing on AstroTurf! Not only did you have to deal with turf burn and how hard the surface is... But it also had little bits of black, ground-up rubber (to act as a cushion?) that would bounce up into your eyes anytime you were tackled/tackled someone. It looks like AstroTurf has come a long ways though.

Kill it with fire! I love your everyday honey bee, but wasps, hornets, and yellowjackets can get lost along with the mosquitoes!

I'm thankful to have grown up before we had it here :thumbsup:

Great photos, Dwight!:eek::thumbsup: Love it.
And I've called a local Cryptozoologist, and he confirmed that is a knife packing North American Bark-ing Armadillo! Cool little fella!
Thanks Dennis. :D

Dwight and Rachel, great looking knives you have there. It really looks like you use professional photo kit.
Thank you David. :)

Good morning/afternoon, Guardians!
Great photos of the Hartshead Barlows, everyone!:thumbsup:

Sincere thank you to Jack Black Jack Black for his work and vision on this stunning Stag Barlow! I hope to post more pics and a bit of a review this weekend when work lets up. For now, let's just say, I'm thrilled!!

Thanks, Jack!!:cool::D;)

qUaiGPv.jpg
Goodness Griefness Mark! That baby is a looker. :eek:

Here’s a toast to Jack - Cheers my friend, you’ve outdone yourself again
As always Chin, a fantastic post. Awesomeness in your new barlow my friend!

Smashing pic Dwight
Thanks Jack. Get some rest! :cool:

IMG_3535.jpeg

And the grand Stag Stands alone! You are a rebel, Jack!:):thumbsup:

Thanks pal, and thanks for all the kind words :) :thumbsup:

Mine today:
YRD8lcB.jpg

ftl7zFr.jpg

xnNyhWj.jpg

Looking good Dennis :) I saw Joanne, the maker of our pocket-slips this morning, and passed on everyone's compliments :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic David :cool: :thumbsup:

Great story. My dad bought me one of those cheap travel shavers for my birthday and said "try that".:rolleyes:

Was he from Yorkshire? :eek: :rolleyes: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Hey Jack, I'm not a 'craft ale' person at all, but I tried some of that Hazey Daze a few weeks ago and it tasted like Lilt or Tango. Great if you wanted a soft drink, not so much if you wanted a beer.
The only IPA I like was one called 'Londinium', a black IPA brewed by Roosters in Knaresborough, otherwise I can't stand them. They even altered the recipes of some of the established beers like Pedigree to make them more hoppy and "modern" IPA-like. :rolleyes:

I like hoppy beers (actually I like all beers), but I hate the way that has happened, and miss good old-fashioned bitter. IPA used to be a special style of beer, now they call every trendy brew that, irrespective of its actual character :rolleyes:

Hi GT, "Dan Dare-Pilot of the Future" was a comic book hero from the 1950's sci-fi comic 'Eagle'. The Eagle ran from 1950 to 1969 and Dan Dare was it's main character until 1967.
He was a daring pilot who flew for Interplanet Starfleet in the 1990's and his main adversary was the Mekon from Venus.
In reality he was the product of the Reverend Marcus Morris from Preston in Lancashire and was illustrated by Frank Hampson. He's a very traditional character; a product of the WWII British stiff upper lip Dunkirk Spirit culture. He was dreamt up by Rev' Morris as a counterpoint to the US comics that made it over to the UK during WWII which the Rev' thought were overly bloodthirsty and violent for young boys.
The comic was very popular and would often sell out all it's runs.

The bust of Dan Dare, at the Atkinson Museum in Southport.
qdevPKR.jpg

By coincidence, I saw a copy of an English comic from the 1980's called Crisis, which revived Dan Dare (and the Mekon) :)

Fab pic David :) Been great weather over here this afternoon :thumbsup:

They made great targets for a bb gun.
7vUdsoH.jpg

:) :thumbsup:

Good morning/afternoon, Guardians!
Great photos of the Hartshead Barlows, everyone!:thumbsup:

Sincere thank you to Jack Black Jack Black for his work and vision on this stunning Stag Barlow! I hope to post more pics and a bit of a review this weekend when work lets up. For now, let's just say, I'm thrilled!!

Thanks, Jack!!:cool::D;)

qUaiGPv.jpg

Glad it made it Mark, great pic :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians
I was really busy yesterday but managed to at least visit a few times and hit a lot of "like" buttons.
Despite having some very fancy Lambsfoot knives now, the rosewood still remains my favorite.
Hope everybody has a fantastic day today. :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice :) :thumbsup:

The lambsfoot pattern certainly does have a way of working its way into your heart.

Thou speaketh truth Sir Greg! :) :thumbsup:

On my 'last legs' now! :eek:

Good morning, Guardians!
C6LGnuW.jpg

Just beautiful Vince :) :thumbsup:

A package from Leeds arrived!:):cool:

Firstly though, just let me say that I enjoyed the discussion around convict transportation and working in the prison system, last time I posted here.:thumbsup:

It’s Guardians ancient history by now, but I just wanted to say thanks to David/Donn, Jack, OG, and John for the fascinating details. I’m very sorry for my belated acknowledgment.:(

I’ve been up in the Victorian High Country recently, so here’s a few pics:

Looking down onto a walnut plantation on the valley floor:
EnzZOPE.jpg

My trusty Ironsides:
oDNWDSn.jpg

Sambar deer country:
sGVsoXH.jpg

unSF7Bt.jpg

It’s always nice to get back down and warm up and enjoy a good country meal at the local pub:

ESdmpO8.jpg

1cTyIUw.jpg

8ffdu4W.jpg

The dish is called Flatty Tails, a common species of local saltwater fish.

@cudgee - I daresay you recognise this neck of the woods, mate!;)

Jack and Duncan @Campbellclanman - it was so cool you lads got to catch up again in York.

I enjoyed all the pics and narrative. Old Jorvik town will definitely have to be on the cards next time I can make it over to visit!

We also had a mini Guardians member catchup in Melbourne recently.

Cudgee and I had been chatting on an Australian knife forum, and arranged to meet, and go over some knives. (Cudgee also very kindly gifted me a nice pair of handmade knives - thanks again, my friend.:cool:)

Cudgee has family connections out in the west of Victoria, where the eastern end of the infamous Shipwreck Coastline begins, an area I’ve previously written about in another Porch thread.

We had a very interesting discussion about the Lambsfoot pattern in Australia.

Cudgee recalled that as a boy, he noticed that the old farmers in the Western District stockyards often had Sheffield made Lambsfoots (although he only learned what they were called later). When he asked them about the curious blade shape, they said it was the ideal working knife around the farm, better suited for hard general duties than the clip bladed Bunny Knife. Apparently they weren’t often called Lambsfoots though, but were just referred to as Working Knives or Work Knives.

Now, although we’ve had the pleasure of Cudgee’s company for a little while now on the Porch, I thought I’d do the honours to officially bring him into the Guardians with a picture of his Lambsfoot knife:

ehLPQhU.jpg

It’s a Joseph Rodgers Barlow Lambsfoot alongside my Ol’ Reliable Ebony.

Welcome, mate!:)

Now for the wonderful contents of the package from Leeds:

Jack you’ve really done an outstanding job on the packaging and presentation of these Barlows.

I love the tin, and the signed slip with historical notes, along with the Yorkshire Rose badge.

The woollen Yorkshire broadcloth slip is also a superb inclusion and gift to the Guardians community from Jack.

Mine also arrived with some personal touches, which are greatly appreciated - a unique coin :cool:;), which I may have to start carrying as a lucky talisman in the same way I hear some of you US Guardians carry silver dollars, and a book which I’ve read from cover to cover already, on the Derry ‘Bogside Artists’ who are responsible for many of the famous murals in that community.

Thanks so much Jack, I was like a kid at Christmas, opening up my package!

Now the knife itself is one of the nicest Lambsfoots I’ve seen. I don’t know how Jack does it, but each successive knife seems to outdo the previous one!

It’s no secret that some of us here prefer all steel construction on our slipjoints, for strength and durability, and also so they will be immune to the verdigris which can develop over time around brass pins and liners. I prefer all-steel fittings too, so I’ve been looking forward to this Barlow for that reason alone.

But even though I’ve been enjoying all the great pics here, I wasn’t prepared for just how fine these knives are in person.

Ashley’s done absolutely stellar work on these - they’re tightly fitted and constructed, and have excellent, user friendly walk and talk, while still retaining a nice handmade warmth, rather than a clinical machine-made feel.

The Sambar cover scales are very fine, with a wonderfully satisfying tactile texture on both sides, which will make it a perfect worry-stone.

There are two historical, aesthetic touches that most people on the Porch seem to really enjoy, and which don’t really have an equivalent in the modern knife world, and those are the multiplicity of Barlow bolster motifs, and the old Sheffield blade and tang stamps.

Jack has combined all these elements in this outstanding synthesis of two favourite Porch pocketknife patterns: the Barlow and the Lambsfoot.

I recall a conversation in this thread some time ago on the Wright ‘Candelabra’ stamp which is usually used on their Whittle-tang Bowies.

I searched for it and it was waaay back on page 44! So it’s very neat, I think, that Jack worked out a way to incorporate it onto a Lambsfoot knife. I think it’s a very tasteful and classic looking Barlow bolster stamp.

The tang stamp is deeply, evenly struck with the newer A. Wright and Son serif font style.

And that blade etch! The old English font style and Yorkshire Rose in beautiful crisp detail really elevates the knife.

It’s so nice, in fact, that I had already decided that I probably wouldn’t be using this knife, and would be keeping it pristine, along with my 2017 buffalo horn Guardians Lambsfoot knife.

Now that I have the knife in hand though, I think it’s too nice not to be used and appreciated, or at least carried!

That blade etch also seems like it’s fairly durable.

I’m not in any hurry to get a patina on this one though.:)

I’ll sharpen it up over the next couple of days and this instant classic will be riding in my pocket for quite a while to come.

A Sambar Hartshead on a small Sambar hart’s head :
z32MhCG.jpg

(Not really, because I believe a ‘Hart’ is a stag at least five years old, but you get what I mean!)

OdpMj0E.jpg

4QqLxSk.jpg

w7NzAHh.jpg

xSVPlSu.jpg

And a comparison to an earlier Wright candle-end frame Lambsfoot knife:

aQXTpps.jpg

Here’s a toast to Jack - Cheers my friend, you’ve outdone yourself again!

OlLp5mo.jpg

It's always a treat when you post Chin :) That's great that you and @cudgee were able to meet up, and that's a fascinating snippet of Lambsfoot history :thumbsup:

I'm glad the package arrived mate :) Of course, as soon as it was on its way, I started finding other things I meant to include :rolleyes: I'm glad you liked the coin and book though, and the Hartshead Barlow of course :) Thank you for all your kind words. I must say, I think you got some particularly nice stag there :) Fantastic pics :) :thumbsup:

I'll drink to that!
Great post, Chin, as usual. :thumbsup:

Cheers Vince :) :thumbsup:

MlfO5Rz.jpg

Good morning Guardians! I decided to roll with some Ebony today! :D

45427658225_c1358af0f5_b_d.jpg

Gorgeous Ron :) How long have you had that one now? :thumbsup:

Ron, are those brass pins and bolster, or just the light playing tricks?

Brass pins, nickel silver bolsters :thumbsup:

Wore a Band-Aid for a week because I cut my self badly with a knife maybe I got too sharp (if that's possible!). [Did you know they make some Band-Aids just for fingertips?] I just need to be more careful, and not open a knife after two martinis! ;)

:eek: :D :thumbsup:

I got some of those Band-Aids once Vince, they were really good, but I've never been able to find them again :confused: :thumbsup:

Hello to you too, Jack.
That's a fantastic picture you posted. Hope your evening is more restful.

Hey John :) I'm way past restful I'm afraid! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Ey up Jack. Have a sandwich and a pint. Put your feet up and rest a spell. We feel your exhaustion. Nice Barlow image.

Ey up Harvey, I had pasta, a bath, and I'm on my third beer, but I had my pyjamas on not long after 6.00pm! If I 'rest' that'll be it until tomorrow! :eek: :D Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

They are nickel silver Jeff. Maybe some light, but I believe it’s just tarnish or natural discoloring. I store all of my Wright’s in Sack-ups. All of my Wright’s knives that I’ve had for a while exhibit the same discoloring regardless of handle material! :)

Nickel silver contains no silver, and is almost all brass :thumbsup:

Don't know where the phrase came from, but I like them. Gotta use good beer and good whiskey.

Another drink I like a lot is called an "Irish Car Bomb," and I am not getting political--that's just what it's called. It's half a shot of Jameson's and half a shot of Bailey's. You drop the shot glass into a pint glass (with maybe 8 ounces) of Guinness. It starts to bubble up for some reason. Then chugalug quickly. It tastes so good!

LOL! :D I'm not a great fan of Bailey's, but I've had Jamesons and Baileys before. I might have to try that Vince :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Get some rest! :cool:

View attachment 1151931

Thanks Dwight, I'll be going soon :) Superb photo :) :thumbsup:

And now for a nice mid-morning cup!

yahr1Vo.jpg

What a beauty :) :thumbsup:

Back