Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black...Fantastic!
48175897111_0ae06ccedb_b.jpg

48175970197_73bcc5bb14_b.jpg

Jack, you ARE the Chief Guardian, and the rest of us serve under you. Maybe you should delegate responsibilities to individual Guardians with regard to commenting on posts. E.g., Dennis handles Tuesdays, Preston does Wednesdays, and so on. Or Ron handles posts involving lambsfoots with wood covers, Vince takes care of stag, Taylor takes care of beverage posts, David is responsible for commenting on food posts, etc. Desperate times call for desperate measures! :eek::D:thumbsup:

LOL! Thanks Gary, I'm looking for volunteers! :D :thumbsup:

Nice memories, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I certainly enjoyed singing to my young daughter; I'd often steal a tune from a "real song" and make up my own lyrics on the spot - she didn't know any better! :rolleyes:

I know just what you mean my friend, with that one, it was "I'll tell the man to turn the stewpot way down low..."! Though I think one of the kids might have come up with that :D :thumbsup:

Great pic :thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope you have a great time with your mate.
I took a look at the menu. "BEER-BATTERED HADDOCK & CHUNKY CHIPS £11.50 with mushy peas, tartare sauce."
I was gonna say times have sure changed but then I realized it's been around 50 years since I was in the UK :eek: Even so, $14.50 USD for fish and chips seems a bit dear. IIRC correctly, I think I used to pay well under a half crown, lol. Of course, that was wrapped in a sheet of newspaper and without mushy peas ;)

Thanks a lot OG, it'll be nice to see him :) Whitelocks is a great old pub, but got taken over a few years back, and a favourable food review in the national press sent the prices soaring o_O My mother used to get sent to the fish & chip shop for a penn'orth of chips and two penn'orth of fish, which was the family supper. I can remember myself when a 'bag o'chips' was three old pence, a penny in today's British money. Fish and chips was a cheap evening meal for many working-class families, with queues outside the fish n chip shop on every other street. Now it's a treat, and Leeds City Council are about to demolish the best fish and chip shop in the city centre to build another swanky hotel :(

Jack Black Jack Black Have a wonderful lunch with your friend tomorrow, Jack.

Thank you Harvey :thumbsup:

Good day, folks.

I just finished reading through 600+ posts here. Ordinarily, I'd have cut my losses but I had the time today so I took it. I've lost my quotes and it's possible that I missed some comments but I appreciate them all and I most definitely enjoy all of the pictures. A fine bunch of knives and even finer owners.

I took a brief moment or two to snap a couple pictures of the knives I have with me today.

poFg6iF.jpg

xTLSf4s.jpg

Titanic effort Dylan, well done, and thanks for bringing us those fabulous pics :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, fellows :thumbsup::D We did the pancake breakfast with My Son and wife along with the Grandson Samuel then took in some of the festivities at the park. We finished just in time as the thunder clouds are letting loose now. Heres a photo of Samuel looks like a forced smile ;) holding my ebony lambsfoot he will start school this fall as he is five and will turn six within the school year. @black mamba I think I know that girl! ;):p
View attachment 1154277

Sounds like a great day Dave :) Smashing pic of Samuel :thumbsup:

Jack, great shot...I want to know about the background. You have used it before and it looks like quilted tanned leather...what is the story/ Please.

Thanks Preston :) That is just a cheap piece of chamois leather out of my tool-box. It was most commonly used for cleaning windows here, and pronounced 'shammy leather' :)

View attachment 1154311 My lambs foot helped me today doing yard work and gained these red freckles! About 90 degrees Fahrenheit with similar percentage humidity was the contributing factor.
Cheers, Ben

Welcome to the Guardians Ben, that's some nice horn :) Those freckles formed fast! :eek:

Here's a photo of my rosewood Hartshead Lambsfoot Barlow Jackknife, affectionately known by me as LamBarJack. (Preston, note the patch of yucca in the background. ;))
View attachment 1154324

- GT

Nice pic GT :) :thumbsup:

I love hammers. :D

Those are just the ones out of the top tray in my first tool-box! :D :thumbsup:

You better get some sleep my friend. :DView attachment 1154375

Sorry, Jack here's another Lambsfoot.
View attachment 1154378

I guess we all had the same reaction.:)
View attachment 1154388

Thanks guys ;) Fantastic pics :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here are my humble contributions to the thread... Huge thanks go out to Charlie for such wonderful creations.
48175897591_3976741e3c_b.jpg

48175970627_645d126c04_b.jpg

48175970492_caf8a990ba_b.jpg

48175897191_8b298faaca_b.jpg

Welcome to the Guardians, congratulations on those two beauties, and thank you for those great pics :) :thumbsup:

Having a bit of Cabernet with supper this evening.

kIO83hN.jpg

Fine as wine Dylan ;) :thumbsup:

Jack Black...Fantastic!

Fodderwing Fodderwing , cigarrodog cigarrodog , @dc50 , and Prester John Prester John
Thank you all so very much. It's a joy to be here.
48175970087_3440c47456_b.jpg

It's great to have you here Tom, thank you for these wonderful pics :) :thumbsup:

Well, it's morning in Sheffield. Good morning, Guardians!
1mZgiZk.jpg

Morning Vince! :D Cool pic my friend, that looks like a good read :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Morning John, solid choice :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, it's a sunny day in Yorkshire :) :thumbsup:

QTQwdjd.jpg

We have a very special treat for the Guardians today.... If you have ever wondered just how the famous Jack Black Studio's got their special effects to give us pictures like the one above?
Some rarely seen special "Behind the scenes" footage to let you guys and gals in the know how..........

Never seen before footage # 1...

t7wmT2k.jpg

Never seen before footage # 2....

jMCKlNz.jpg

:D

Thanks again Jack for such a great Day! :thumbsup:

We have a very special treat for the Guardians today.... If you have ever wondered just how the famous Jack Black Studio's got their special effects to give us pictures like the one above?
Some rarely seen special "Behind the scenes" footage to let you guys and gals in the know how..........

Never seen before footage # 1...

t7wmT2k.jpg

Never seen before footage # 2....

jMCKlNz.jpg

:D

Thanks again Jack for such a great Day! :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Brings back very happy memories Duncan :) :thumbsup:

NfPjDKn.jpg

zyQPcRX.jpg

I have been bad today by not posting lambsfoot content, so here’s my humble attempt to make amends.
a35df56e-4bb0-4f4e-9f3d-6b35c736f015-jpeg.1153835
"Humble Attempt "....riiight!:rolleyes: Great shot of a fantastic knife, Harvey!:):thumbsup:
View attachment 1153862
It's really a real USA made Real Lambfoot Knife.
I missed this one yesterday, Taylor, fantastic bone on that Real USA made Real Lambfoot Knife!:cool::thumbsup:
For now, here's my pocket content ;) :thumbsup:

fJNt8T8.jpg
Must have some happy pockets, Jack!:D Both wonderfully photographed!:thumbsup:
A Rose between two thorns :D :thumbsup:

x47P1qq.jpg
Cool shot, Jack!
Is it a wild rose?:D
great multi-quote efforts my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack! Takes a lot of coffee!
I see micrometers going for peanuts on the market these days, breaks my heart :(
That is sad, but I guess everybody has gone to a digital readout, and Grandpa's got sold in the estate sale.:(
A good week for all of you Guardians.:):thumbsup:

6teofc.jpg
Very nice photo, José! Did you lay down on the ground to take that one? :cool::thumbsup:
I was the first time Grandfather of a beautiful girl on June 25 and whose name is Mariana.:D
A hug for everyone.:D:thumbsup:
Fantastic, congratulations José!! Please give a big hug back to Mariana!!:)
It sure does. I start feeling a little stir crazy in the Summer without work to go to every day. Getting up to the mountains settles me right down.
It sure brings peace! Especially around the fire at night, just does wonders!:cool::thumbsup:
Great picture, Dennis. It looks exotic to me. ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks you very much, John!
My Ebony Waynorth for me today! :thumbsup: :D

48169139972_bd49c96dcc_b_d.jpg
What a grand example, Ron! That is some prime ebony!:thumbsup:
Just having a scone with my afternoon cuppa :thumbsup:
Nice, Jack! Breakfast of champions!:D
Good Morning Guardians
Another water picture from yesterday's trip
That wonderful stag looks right at home there at the waters edge, John!;):thumbsup:
Gorgeous pic of your barlow!
Thank you very much, Dwight!:)
Congratulations, José! Granddaughters are the best!

IUosSoh.jpg
Wonderful photo!! Looks like one happy 'Princess '!:):thumbsup:
Have a great week y'all.
img_3644-jpeg.1153938
Awsome shot, Dwight!! Great tools to work with!:cool:
Great picture! You don’t need a micrometer to take the measure of that one, though. It’s off the charts. :)
Thank you so very much for the kind words! These lambs are just so photogenic!:)
Good morning, Guardians! Gunpowder Imperial green tea for me and RALF this morning.

2KDdnNY.jpg
A great pairing to get you going!;):thumbsup:
Very nice, Preston! The hat, indian paintbrush and the Lamb goes great together!:cool::thumbsup:
He's in great shape Dennis, and recovers quickly...plus he's a napper. I'm not in great shape, don't recover quickly but do hold my own with napping:D
Naps are important, and require lots of practice!:D:thumbsup:
That's a wonderful photo of two precision instruments!:thumbsup:
Thank you so very much, kind sir!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool, very clever, Vince!:D:thumbsup:
I 'C' you're clamping down on your Barlow, Jack!:D
Thank you Jose, I have voluminous tool-boxes ;) :thumbsup:

fU6QPLF.jpg
Great group of hammers! I'll try to post some more tools...:thumbsup:
Essential tools for the trail...
Great shot, John! Better to have and not need.....:cool::thumbsup:
I would imagine that pair should have anything that may come up covered!:cool::thumbsup:
Bored at work and you can't find any wood...
8Fu0PQ2.jpg
That's some fine applehead carving!! Another great "I carry a Lambsfoot because...":D:thumbsup:
Every moment you get to spend with a grandchild is a special and joyful one. I know, because I have 6 of them.

Here’s one.
Fantastic photograph, Harvey! Look like a proud grandfather!:):thumbsup:

One more important tool... my winch.
You are ready to rock, my friend!:thumbsup:
1fb8a025-b2da-4079-a110-109925a8e764-jpeg.1154053

Unity Lambsfoot with a favourite Defiance claw hammer and Thomas Flinn ‘Pax’ handsaw.
Another fantastic tool and Lamb shot, Chin!:thumbsup::thumbsup: looks like all three have served you well!
Looks like you're well-prepared John, cool pic :thumbsup:

Nte1xvS.jpg
A great looking adjustable, Jack!:thumbsup: We mostly have Crescent here.
Back with the dali lamba again today.
3eags0x.jpg
Looks like it's ready to tackle any job, Matt!:cool::thumbsup:
Another great looker, Haevey! Must be hard to put down!

I thought this was kind of cool, as well as potentially useful :)

o2jtWhB.jpg
Nice foto, Lambmeister !
I use to use one of those bits (3/4" & 1") to drill all the antennae holes in the Highway Patrol units...too many to count.
My wrench (spanner?) pic - this was my Dad's

liGKcXI.jpg

OG
Nice heirloom tools, OG!:)
A lot of the old tools I pick up were manufactured for the MOD (Ministry of Defence) here, and bear the Crow's Foot acceptance stamp, and often the date of manufacture too :thumbsup:

s2izlax.jpg
Nice! Should be great specs if MOD purchases.
Nice stag on your Hartshead Barlow, Dennis! :thumbsup::cool::cool: On what is the knife sitting?
Thank you very much, Harvey! It's sitting on a RR Spike hammer, on top of my anvil. I'll post a pic below to show it better.
Dazzling photo of your stag Hartshead Barlow, Dennis! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Thanks again, my friend! They just look so good, it's hard to mess up a shot, even for me!:D
I took a brief moment or two to snap a couple pictures of the knives I have with me today.

poFg6iF.jpg
Beautiful pair, Dylan! Congrats!:cool::thumbsup:
It's Grillin' Time...
Mmmmm, looks great!!:cool::thumbsup:
Heres a photo of Samuel looks like a forced smile ;) holding my ebony lambsfoot he will start school this fall as he is five and will turn six within the school year. @black mamba I think I know that girl! ;):p
img_1020-jpg.1154277
Great photos, Dave! Handsome fella! But he does have a look of quiet bedlam in his eyes, I think he does love your knife!:D:thumbsup:
OK, knife content Sorry! :D
View attachment 1154288
It was certainly worth the wait!;) Such great scenery, Dave!:cool:
just exemplary. Thank you, Charlie and Jack Black.
IMG_1218.JPG
Just great stuff, love that jigging!:)
img_1233-jpg.1154311
My lambs foot helped me today doing yard work and gained these red freckles!
Beautiful horn there, Ben!:cool::thumbsup:
Here's a photo of my rosewood Hartshead Lambsfoot Barlow Jackknife, affectionately known by me as LamBarJack. (Preston, note the patch of yucca in the background. ;))
View attachment 1154324
- GT
Lovely LamBar, Lucky Lad! Looks Like a winner!:p
Incredible!
Is that a fossil behind the Lamb?
A Lamb worthy of going global, Vince!
Huge thanks go out to Charlie for such wonderful creations.
48175897591_3976741e3c_b.jpg

48175970627_645d126c04_b.jpg

Jack Black...Fantastic!

Wow, what a bounty, Tom! Jumping in with both feet! Thanks for posting all those!:eek::thumbsup:
Well, it's morning in Sheffield. Good morning, Guardians!
1mZgiZk.jpg
Cool shot!:D:thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
Good morning, John!:):thumbsup:

"Humble Attempt "....riiight!:rolleyes: Great shot of a fantastic knife, Harvey!:):thumbsup:

I missed this one yesterday, Taylor, fantastic bone on that Real USA made Real Lambfoot Knife!:cool::thumbsup:

Must have some happy pockets, Jack!:D Both wonderfully photographed!:thumbsup:

Cool shot, Jack!
Is it a wild rose?:D

Thanks, Jack! Takes a lot of coffee!

That is sad, but I guess everybody has gone to a digital readout, and Grandpa's got sold in the estate sale.:(

Very nice photo, José! Did you lay down on the ground to take that one? :cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic, congratulations José!! Please give a big hug back to Mariana!!:)

It sure brings peace! Especially around the fire at night, just does wonders!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks you very much, John!

What a grand example, Ron! That is some prime ebony!:thumbsup:

Nice, Jack! Breakfast of champions!:D

That wonderful stag looks right at home there at the waters edge, John!;):thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Dwight!:)

Wonderful photo!! Looks like one happy 'Princess '!:):thumbsup:

Awsome shot, Dwight!! Great tools to work with!:cool:

Thank you so very much for the kind words! These lambs are just so photogenic!:)

A great pairing to get you going!;):thumbsup:

Very nice, Preston! The hat, indian paintbrush and the Lamb goes great together!:cool::thumbsup:

Naps are important, and require lots of practice!:D:thumbsup:

Thank you so very much, kind sir!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool, very clever, Vince!:D:thumbsup:

I 'C' you're clamping down on your Barlow, Jack!:D

Great group of hammers! I'll try to post some more tools...:thumbsup:

Great shot, John! Better to have and not need.....:cool::thumbsup:

I would imagine that pair should have anything that may come up covered!:cool::thumbsup:

That's some fine applehead carving!! Another great "I carry a Lambsfoot because...":D:thumbsup:

Fantastic photograph, Harvey! Look like a proud grandfather!:):thumbsup:

You are ready to rock, my friend!:thumbsup:

Another fantastic tool and Lamb shot, Chin!:thumbsup::thumbsup: looks like all three have served you well!

A great looking adjustable, Jack!:thumbsup: We mostly have Crescent here.

Looks like it's ready to tackle any job, Matt!:cool::thumbsup:

Another great looker, Haevey! Must be hard to put down!

Nice foto, Lambmeister !
I use to use one of those bits (3/4" & 1") to drill all the antennae holes in the Highway Patrol units...too many to count.

Nice heirloom tools, OG!:)

Nice! Should be great specs if MOD purchases.

Thank you very much, Harvey! It's sitting on a RR Spike hammer, on top of my anvil. I'll post a pic below to show it better.

Thanks again, my friend! They just look so good, it's hard to mess up a shot, even for me!:D

Beautiful pair, Dylan! Congrats!:cool::thumbsup:

Mmmmm, looks great!!:cool::thumbsup:

Great photos, Dave! Handsome fella! But he does have a look of quiet bedlam in his eyes, I think he does love your knife!:D:thumbsup:

It was certainly worth the wait!;) Such great scenery, Dave!:cool:

Just great stuff, love that jigging!:)

Beautiful horn there, Ben!:cool::thumbsup:

Lovely LamBar, Lucky Lad! Looks Like a winner!:p

Incredible!
Is that a fossil behind the Lamb?

A Lamb worthy of going global, Vince!

Wow, what a bounty, Tom! Jumping in with both feet! Thanks for posting all those!:eek::thumbsup:

Cool shot!:D:thumbsup:

Good morning, John!:):thumbsup:

Wow Dennis, what a Herculean effort my friend! :eek: :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for all the very kind words, the Wild Rose is on its way to @dc50 in Canada! :D That's funny about the antenna holes! :D Here's another pic I took yesterday :thumbsup:

CklQeyB.jpg

Back