1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks for the well-wishes and comments on my little excursion. I had a fantastic time walking around the old logging town and talking to locals about its history. The fishing was fun, the food was excellent, and the people were so nice. My wife and I decided we need to find more little towns to spend time in and explore. Vacations don't always have to be about thrills and entertainment, sometimes education and relaxation are just what the soul needs.

A lovely Rainbow you caught, and on a fly makes it even more respectable.
    I mostly fish the Sierra Nevada streams in California, like the Carson River, Walker River, American River, and Sacramento River. It's always fly fishing, catch and release. I also take a pilgrimage every couple of years to the Madison River in Montana, Fly Fishing Mecca. :cool: :thumbsup:

Jack, I really enjoyed ALL of your pictures from your hike. :cool: :thumbsup:

donn, mitch4ging, pjsjr and 6 others like this.
  2. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I'm back from my trip, it was wonderful and relaxing.
    I think I did an okay job of keeping up with the Guardian thread, even given the crappy mountain wifi and limited time at the computer. I had you guys on my mind as I walked around town and visited shops and museums. I even picked up this little souvenir so I could post a picture of it...

[​IMG]

And as I leave my vacation adventures behind me, I'll post one more picture from down by the river...

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 23 others like this.
  3. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you GT.

Striking photo of Valley Jack!

Beautiful scenery shots Jack. Looks like you had a great walk-a-bout.

Thank you sir.

Wow that is a beautiful heavenly repast! :eek:

Don't let Rayse see that Jack. He'll have you making a voodoo mask out of it. :D

IMG_4117.jpeg

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 20 others like this.
  4. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Jack Black, Fodderwing and cigarrodog like this.
  5. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Missed a few pages while I was hand-stitching this hat, but I think it was worth it!

[​IMG]

Okay, I didn't hand-stitch the hat.

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 23 others like this.
  6. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks, GT! I had to put it far enough into the future so that folks would forget by then if I get it wrong. ;)

Looks like a fantastic day, my friend. Thanks for taking us all along!

Woah. A lot of coincidences indeed. I haven't tried that one, but I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Should be easy enough to find here.

So true, Jack. I've had many an initial evaluation changed once I put a knife to actual use.

Thanks for that, Dylan. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I really enjoyed your chip butty post, too. Thank you for that, too. Nice to get a practical review of the Waynorth lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

Fascinating indeed. I'd also love to hear about how the Lambshank is faring. I noticed a patina on it the last time he showed it, so I suspect it hasn't been lazing about in a drawer. :)

Thank you! The first caption was "The Three Amigos", but I thought they looked a bit too serious for that. ;)

Amen. Glad you had a great time. Welcome back!

It turned out great!

7. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Looks great Barry.

@Fodderwing That’s a nice twist, Dwight. Nice image.

mitch4ging, Jack Black and Fodderwing like this.
  8. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Very NICE Barry:thumbsup:
    Again today:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    and this FACE!!!
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 19 others like this.
  9. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Greg. :)

So Cute!

Jack Black and paulhilborn like this.
  10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I was about to say the same thing! I certainly don't want to start anything, but I will have one post this weekend with appropriate lambsfoot content. :)

11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you my friend. Glad you are home.

Thank you pal.

Thank you heavenly Father for dogs. The very best of us.

mitch4ging, chuck4570, pjsjr and 6 others like this.
  12. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    :thumbsup:

Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  13. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190630_185739.jpg
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 21 others like this.
  14. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    :D:thumbsup:
    Thank you very much, Mark!:thumbsup: It's so easy to carry!
    Still....how relaxing, John! Good for you. I enjoy fishing for Crappie with ultralight gear, just fun fishing. Of course these days I mostly do catch and release.
    Thank you so very much, Jack!
    Much to my wife's dismay, I'm right there with you!:thumbsup:
    :D
    Thank you very much, Harvey!:):thumbsup:
    Beautiful photo, Dwight!!:eek::thumbsup:
    :cool::thumbsup:
    Good things come in threes!;)
    Well it's certainly worth reposting, Ron!:):thumbsup:
    Lovely photo, John!:) I guess no fish scales on it this go-round?:cool:
    Nice foto, Best Dad!:):thumbsup:
    Wonderful photo of a great knife, Harvey!!:eek: Love the old guys!:thumbsup:
    :D:thumbsup:
    Nice photo, Barrett!:cool:

I'll try to catch up some more tomorrow, so many great photos and comments!

Mine for the next couple of days...
    [​IMG]

Night, all!

peanutsxx, donn, Cambertree and 17 others like this.
  15. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Good looking knife, Paul, and an even better looking pup! :D That's a nice outdoor space you've got there, too; great place to sit and enjoy a nice cigar while CE'ing and CF'ing that Lambsfoot. :cool: :thumbsup:

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good week :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 15 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Bill, yeah, both my Hartshead Barlows have got a little patina :) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, it was a good day :) Nice to see that one again :thumbsup:

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    That sounds like a perfect time John, those are just the sort of breaks I love :) Thank you for the kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:

You did a fantastic job John :thumbsup: I love your souvenir compass, great pics :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Dwight, I do like a midweek hike, kind of feels like playing hookey! :D

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Stunning pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Absolutely fantastic Barry :D :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Greg :) Same here my friend, not least with the Lambsfoot, when my grandfather gave me my first Lambsfoot, I wondered what the heck he had given me! :confused: :D :thumbsup:

Awwww :) Great pics Paul :) :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it Vince :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Cool pic Dennis :cool: :) :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, chuck4570, pjsjr and 8 others like this.
  19. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning, Guardians.:):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, chuck4570, pjsjr and 11 others like this.
  20. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Good Morning Guardians, Back in our yard doing a myriad of chores with my trust friend Hartshead. Going to start off early today before it gets too hot here in coastal southern NC.
    IMG_1255.JPG

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, paulhilborn and 18 others like this.