1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    IMG_1320.JPG And with my blonde horn scaled pruner handled A. Wright!

2. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    [​IMG]

3. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Dwight. @Jack Black should be credited for the answers being offered here. It’s a “Sheldon knife” friction folder. A basic tradesman’s knife with some sort of composite material. Jack has mentioned the material, but it escapes me now, as well as the “Current”Tang stamp., which is either the factory or the shop. It’s also stamped Albert Oates.
    ECA4C52C-168E-45C6-857C-804C1C349DF8.jpeg

5539932C-EED5-49C0-955E-CAE776B9ADD8.jpeg

C68C523E-58EF-4595-9B98-862247208656.jpeg

mitch4ging, TFBraden, pjsjr and 11 others like this.
  4. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Always up for one of your Lambsfoot history lessons, and the images accompanying them.

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Evening Guardians
    I hope it's a sweet one for all of you...
    [​IMG]

6. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Very nice Ben. Love the pile side especially.

Thanks Harvey. Perhaps gumfuddy or bexoid?

7. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Oops! Double post!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  8. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Yeah...Bexoid...maybe.:)

Jack Black, dc50 and Fodderwing like this.
  9. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190720_195654.jpg
    Celebrating my birthday early with family. My grandfather gave me a doozy of a present. A Pre-64 Winchester model 88 in 308 Winchester!!! He bought the gun in 1960 for $65. Shot a lot of black tails with it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  10. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    WOWOWZZaaa! Happy Birthday Taylor! What a gorgeous piece of fire power my friend. :cool:

11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Very nice!
    Happy early birthday, Taylor. :)

12. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Goodnight my friends IMG_3379.jpeg

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 16 others like this.
  13. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Well, Happy Birthday, Taylor!
    Was shooting my Sako .243 Winchester myself today. .308 is a great calibre.

14. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Happy early birthday Taylor! That’s a beautiful ole 88! What a priceless heirloom! :thumbsup:

15. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Happy early Birthday, Taylor. What a nice thoughtful and meaningful present.

[​IMG]

16. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Gets no better than that Taylor:thumbsup::cool: Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mitch4ging, dc50, Cambertree and 3 others like this.
  17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Have a glorious Sunday, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, OLd_gUY, Pt-Luso and 15 others like this.
  18. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Hello Guardians!

I’ve got quite a busy weekend on, so I’ll have to catch up with a proper post and acknowledgments later. There’s been some interesting conversational points raised too about the construction of these knives.

For the moment, I’d just like to file a report with GT @5K Qs that my pastie investigations are progressing well.;):D:p
    7BC6B9B5-38CC-49A5-9093-6748A9B3699A.jpeg
    (But my photo framing ability is apparently deteriorating!:D:eek:)

Mah knife did the slicing honours. These are from two of the four bakeries in my small country town - a meat Cornish pastie, and a more modern, square shaped Aussie vegetable pastie.

Although the vegetable pastie appeared to just be carrots, onion and potato, I preferred it, as the ingredients tasted like they were made from fresh vegetables, rather than a frozen premix.

Ol’ Reliable handled the cutting chores with aplomb.

LOL, yep my first one was free as well!:p:D
    [​IMG]
    How did I end up with 9 Lambsfoot knives?!!

1A821399-F999-430F-A5FA-54A3EB17DE6E.jpeg

Enjoying a Bavarian brew with my Hartshead on hand, before checking out a Finnegans Wake reading group in Melbourne, I was invited to.

peanutsxx, akaMatt, OLd_gUY and 16 others like this.
  19. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    I apologize for posting this again but @Jack Black asked what the cover material was on this I.XL is . It is rosewood and a very nice rosewood. 03235204-45EB-4658-819E-179E51F61631.jpeg

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Check out the Technical sub-forum if you're having difficulties mate :thumbsup:

Excellent pic Mark, and well done :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing your pics Vince, the Rosewood Lamb'll get the job done ;) :thumbsup:

To use the Lambsfoot is to love it ;) :thumbsup:

Aye, they don't chuck much aht in Yorkshire! :D Thanks for showing those Rachel :thumbsup:

I have some gardening to do myself today :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

That brings back some memories Kevin, the Silent Lambsfoot :) I think I must have given away a dozen of those knives, and everyone who has had them has loved them :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remarkably similar to some knives sold under the Taylor's Eye Witness brand.

No, it isn't made by Wright's Dave, though at least one YouTube reviewer thinks it was :rolleyes:

Great to see you here my friend, great pic of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Yes, there's no legal requirement here to mark the country of origin, but I think it is a contract knife made in the Far East :thumbsup:

They're a good user for sure, particularly for someone who wants a stainless knife. Nice pic Kevin :thumbsup:

:D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whitby sell them, they may even have contracted them, but they don't manufacture :thumbsup:

Great pic Dave! :D :thumbsup:

Congratulations Ben, that's a nice one :) :thumbsup: