1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I'd like to add/clarify: Please do not get too hung up on my verbiage regarding the "qualifiers" for entering. I'd like to think this thread isn't frequented by any bad apples. There are no post count requirements, no hidden "lists" as far as I am concerned. This pass-around is for enthusiasts and admirers of the pattern, whether you've been such for just a month or for many years.

2. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I’m in Dylan!
    (Not fermented, but I’m going to try Greg’s approach with the next batch)
    [​IMG]

3. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    C8D97925-8107-48FE-85F2-ABDFF6580B2B.jpeg Good morning guardians woke up this morning starving so I decided to start the day with a bagel. Skipped the jalapeño cream cheese and went with melted jalapeno cheese in its place

4. E40

E40 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I'm in! Thanks Dylan.

5. natchezz

natchezz Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2006
  6. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Good morning! There was some discussion of that knife and whether it was a true lambsfoot in the early days of this thread. You can find links to that discussion, which includes some photos, here.

7. WhittlinAway

Feb 11, 2016
    Welcome back, Chin! It’s good to have you back, my friend. I missed quoting this yesterday, but you make an excellent point, as usual. :thumbsup:

Thanks! My Thai chilis are ready to harvest, so I hope to try your harissa recipe soon. With lambsfoot participation, of course! :)

Looking tasty! And that’s a nice patina on your handsome lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

Good call. Looks like we’ve got a chili theme going again. Good to spice things up every once in a while. ;)

BTW, is that A. Wright’s standard size or their smaller one?

Cambertree, Jack Black, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians! :) Hope y’all have a great weekend! :thumbsup: :D

[​IMG]

10. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good morning Guardians.

After posting a picture of a Lambfoot with my suckers yesterday, I sat down in my reclining chair for what was suppose to be only a few minutes and woke up four hours later. While out like a light these two A. Wright Lambfoot knives came in the mail. They are from the dealer in Snowdonia, Wales. The build of both knives is quite good. However, I gotta say that A. Wright sure isn't shy when it comes to filing down the kick in order to have the tip of the blade sit down into the well of the frame. Just look at the kick of the Big-un

Rosewood Large (Big-un) - Ebony Standard with exaggerated sway back frame
    [​IMG]

@Jack Black - Is the cover of the Big-un in fact Rosewood? It looks paler than most rosewood I have Seen. Anyone - please fee free to chime in on this question..

11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Nice new pair of Lambs, ED.
    I've seen rosewood in many different shades. Yours looks very unique. :cool::thumbsup:

12. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    IMG_1402.JPG I'm in for Linus!!

13. WhittlinAway

Feb 11, 2016
    Hartshead in the park...

[​IMG]

... hike to follow.

14. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    8A8F908B-2885-4978-B9C2-5CD4D66BF242.jpeg Harvested enough blueberries for 2 pies 1 for my daughters house and 1 for my sons house.now out to the peach trees and see if I can harvest enough for a peach pie

15. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Like John said about variety of Rosewood color. I’d say that taking a long nap and waking up to two cool Lambsfoot knives counts as a great sign.

@Wild Ben - Nice ones. Love the Horn.

Good Weekend Morning Guardians.
    [​IMG]

16. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I have one on the way that is outta this world!!! Sellers photo

[​IMG]

JaxBaron, Cambertree, OLd_gUY and 9 others like this.
  17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Two nice lambs Wild Ben! :thumbsup: I especially like the light colored one. Is that Ox Horn? Very nice! :cool:

Cambertree, Jack Black, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  18. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I carry a lambsfoot...
    [​IMG]
    ...because it's a booger trying to open a bag of grits without it!

How 'bout you?

[​IMG]

Had to have some bacon with them grits:
    [​IMG]
    And some eggs, of course:
    [​IMG]
    (I actually used a chef's knife to cut the vegetables this time, but the lambsfoot wanted to pose.)

Good morning, Guardians!

19. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    The bacon frying in the pan pushed me over the edge, Vince. Nice!

20. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Hard to beat grits in the morning. I like to fry some eggs up and break the yolks in the grits with bits of bacon.:thumbsup: A bit of Molasses will sweeten them up just a tad for easy swallowing.