1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Sweet patina GT! Hopefully I can add a buffalo handle to my collection someday. They are very elegant looking, of course Jacks SFO buffalo is the icing on the cake. :D

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  2. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
    F58FB330-4E12-4E3C-982D-E3770A18AD48.jpeg

Done with work for the day!!;) Time to relax and practice my pirate dialect for tomorrow :p

3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Yeah, I think whoever posted about them before had a bit more info about them, maybe even a name if I remember correctly. From what I recall, the covers were just glued on, but Rodgers had found some 'new' way of fixing them. 'Course I might just have dreamnt that! :D We need to update the index :thumbsup:

Link?! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Charlie, and that ebony beauty :) :thumbsup:

From what I recall that Bexoid is glued and pinned. Wright's still use a similar-looking material, it's referred to as Bexoid, but I think it's harder than the old stuff. Here's a couple of TEWs with Bexoid :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I came across another Shadow by them :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Thanks Harvey, I love that pic of your '19 :) :thumbsup:

If I'm not mistaken Charlie, @glennbad might have shown that one here before he worked his magic (hope I've got that right! :D) It looks very special, nice gift :) :thumbsup:

Always a pleasure GT :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Great pic Jon :) :thumbsup:

4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Ol' Jack is about to hit the hammock here shipmates, so arrghhll'll see ye afore too long! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

5. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
    Have a great night Captain Jack Black!!

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    A perfect start to a great holiday.
    :cool: :thumbsup: Have a restful night Cap'n Jack. :cool: :thumbsup:

7. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Good Morning, just relaxing on the "Porch":);) Just about to have brekky.:thumbsup: Hope everyone has had a good day, i have to adjust for the time difference.:D
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, WHT and dc50 like this.
  8. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Near the bexoid era I think, Harvey!

9. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    I think that's right, Jack (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)! knowtracks sent it to Glennbad, then to me!!
    Hope you are having a good sleep!!

cigarrodog, Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  10. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
  11. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    @cudgee - Not seeing your image.

12. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Well, it's 0035Zulu, Thursday, 19 September 2019 so that means it's:

PIRATE'S DAY !!!!

Now all ye Shellbacks and lowly Polliwogs lay to the Larboard Side of the Forecastle to observe Pirates Day, as declared by @JohnDF some time ago, Today, September 19, 2019, is "Pirate's Day"!!! Therefore, I have impressed (Shanghaied) this A. Wright Large Lambfoot Rosewood covered knife into service in Ed's Navy and called forth from the "Ancient Order of the Deep" various "Dizziens of the Deep Sea" to celebrate this glorious day.

[​IMG]

13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Avast there me hearties!

I carries a Lambsfoot!

[​IMG]

Fer when a cutlass jus' won't get the job done! Arrrrgghh! :D :thumbsup:

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thankee kindly shipmates! :D :thumbsup:

My eyes can't see it me heartie! :( :thumbsup:

Arrrgghhh! :D :thumbsup:

Thankee kindly me old pal, nicely done! :thumbsup:

"The strongest pocket knife we have ever produced"

"Hand made in Sheffield by skilled craftsman"

Blistering barnacles! There be monsters! o_O Like monsters from the South China seas! o_O

She's ship-shape and Bristol fashion! Arrgghh! :D :thumbsup:

An' I got out of my bunk early for this?! :rolleyes: :eek: 'Ave a good days piratin' Guardians! ;) :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good Thursday Guardians.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

16. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    G'day Guardians! It's nearly Friday of a long, hard week. It can only get better from here!
    [​IMG]

17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I saw two lambsfoots on Time Team last night. Usually it's all trowels with the occasional Opinel. Phil was poking at something with a lambsfoot, and the guy who cast the socketed bronze axe used a lambsfoot to peel off his mold.
    The bronze guy thought they should sacrifice something after pulling so much stuff out of there, so I presume he made the bronze sword that Francis bedded in the silt before they left. Season 7 episode 9, Ii think.
    Nice little snickersnee, but I'm glad we've evolved lambsfoots.

Rose Beast will be getting some yard work soon.
    [​IMG]

18. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
    Ahoy Guardians. Today I’m carryin' me barlow. May yer rum be spiced, th' seas smooth 'n yer knife sharp

C0D2E48D-C155-4429-A17E-466312351AAB.jpeg

19. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    “A Walk in Nature” # 38
    Ahoy mateys!
    On the shores of the Atlantic in Prince Edward Island, where stories of pirates and sunken treasures still live.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Album:
    https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Arrgghh mates! Did I hear a whisper on the salty breezes of the dreaded word Bexoid! It be ugly as an empty keg of Rum! But does serves its purpose! Arrgghh! Here’s a TEW clad with the ghastly culprit! I’m hoping all me Guardian shipmates ave a good day Piratin’! :D

[​IMG]