Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Yeah- That's a cool knife Ron matey, it deserves to be in New Zealand actually! :D

Hey I was posting in another thread - and I came across these photo's- now with the exquisite memory that I have I cannot for the life of me remember if I have posted these here before?
But these are remembrance Stones of my two beautiful 4 legged friends who have left me, I hope with all my heart I see those lovely dogs again sometime...... Cool Stones with Super Cool Knives, and apologies if I have posted these here before?
oPyhUcQ.jpg

wweVHls.jpg
Happy to see your snakwood Lamb, any time, Duncan. Your love for your “four legged friends is understood by anyone who has been blessed by their friendship.

Tuesdays following a long weekend always feel like you're playing catch up for getting a day off. Made it through, and it's good to be home. My ebony Lambsfoot helped band up some african blackwood to blow off some steam :)

N9K00iQ.jpg

I know the feeling Mike, a day off doesn't always reduce the amount of work that needs doing o_O Great to see that special slingshot again, and your ebony Lambsfoot of course :) :thumbsup:

I thought I was going to address these posts on Sunday, but something came up. Then apparently an upgrade and restart was pushed to my computer while I slept Sunday night, and my quotes were all gone in the morning. So I quoted most of them again on Monday, but then didn't have time to respond to them. So here on Tuesday night, I'll be dealing with posts from the weekend - I'm the King of staying current! :rolleyes::(

Excellent stag comparison shots, ED & Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Both bread and SFO lambsfoot Barlow look delectable, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This week, my lambsfoot is the 2019 Guardians SFO lambsfoot with desert ironwood covers. I call mine Valley Jack:
View attachment 1213928

- GT

Very frustrating GT o_O Thank you for the kind words my friend, and that's a great pic of Valley Jack :thumbsup:

Hey I was posting in another thread - and I came across these photo's- now with the exquisite memory that I have I cannot for the life of me remember if I have posted these here before?
But these are remembrance Stones of my two beautiful 4 legged friends who have left me, I hope with all my heart I see those lovely dogs again sometime...... Cool Stones with Super Cool Knives, and apologies if I have posted these here before?
oPyhUcQ.jpg

wweVHls.jpg

Thank you my friends- Luke was a pure Bred Rottie - big and beautiful, and Li' Murphy was a rescue and was mostly Huntaway- beautiful he was!

Knife content :)
Ga19phT.jpg

Sorry for your loss pal, it's great to see your Snakewood DamLamb

s6TwWFH.jpg

good old rosewood.

Joe

It'll get the job done Joe :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, thought I'd carry this old Alfred Blackwell today :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

rqC3Ie3.jpg

“A Walk in Nature” # 60 ***

I'll "formally" :) conclude my walk in nature series with today's pics.

BSqHlqz.jpg

y2kE9Mx.jpg

fRXWER0.jpg

Album:
[URL][URL]https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE[/URL][/URL]

No more nature shots then? That's a shame I've really enjoyed your them. :)

I always enjoy your posts David,there's so much history :thumbsup::cool: Over here it only amounts to a few hundred years.

Thanks Dave, but don't do yourself a dis-service. North American history is equally as fascinating and of course for anyone descended from European immigrants our history is as much your history to :thumbsup:

After my exchange with @Cambertree earlier, on the subject of Vietnames food, I thought I'd call in Leeds market for some lunch :) :thumbsup:

P0AOU5c.jpg

D264eEj.jpg

j64fouK.jpg

That looks delicious Jack. I'd be in Leeds market everyday if I lived close to it.

Today is my 82nd birthday and I opened my wife's present. The fit and finish is outstanding!

View attachment 1213727

A belated Happy Birthday! What a very handsome lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

donn donn - That was a brilliant view of your Cathedral(s) sojourn, David.

A Pair of Cream Puffs...
View attachment 1213748

Your welcome.:thumbsup: That's a brilliant view of that Cream Puff. :D
Now I want one for breakfast.:)

Anyway Good Morning Guardians. This is from a few weeks back but could be the last time my part of the world saw the sun. :rolleyes:
VSLYsHO.jpg

Last edited:
That looks delicious Jack. I'd be in Leeds market everyday if I lived close to it.

Anyway Good Morning Guardians. This is from a few weeks back but could be the last time my part of the world saw the sun. :rolleyes:
VSLYsHO.jpg

Thanks David, I usually call in at least a couple of times a week ;) That's a smashing pic, and a reminder we were enjoying some nice weather just a few weeks back. Chucking it down here again today :(

HAn3BfD.jpg

I picked up a Cold Steel shovel last week, and it needed de-burring, and sharpening a little. I also have a couple of larger knives to sharpen, but thought I'd give these two a tickle while I had my sharpening box out, and a bit of spare time ;) :thumbsup:

KR1W1cy.jpg

Thanks David, I usually call in at least a couple of times a week ;) That's a smashing pic, and a reminder we were enjoying some nice weather just a few weeks back. Chucking it down here again today :(

HAn3BfD.jpg

I picked up a Cold Steel shovel last week, and it needed de-burring, and sharpening a little. I also have a couple of larger knives to sharpen, but thought I'd give these two a tickle while I had my sharpening box out, and a bit of spare time ;) :thumbsup:

KR1W1cy.jpg

Cheers Jack, it's actually on the moors just above Bolton.
Chucking it down here again as well. :rolleyes:
And it's good to see your keeping yourself busy with shovels and knives :) :thumbsup:. I should be doing work for work, but I just can't be bothered... :D

Oh and just an aside. Do you perchance ever catch a programme called "Made in Britain" on ITV4 broadcast on Wednesday nights at 8pm? The episode broadcast on the 9th October had a 10 minute slot showing Ernest Wright's Scissors in Sheffield which was interesting to watch. It'll be available on catch-up or whatever ITV call their equivalent.

Cheers Jack, it's actually on the moors just above Bolton.
Chucking it down here again as well. :rolleyes:
And it's good to see your keeping yourself busy with shovels and knives :) :thumbsup:. I should be doing work for work, but I just can't be bothered... :D

Oh and just an aside. Do you perchance ever catch a programme called "Made in Britain" on ITV4 broadcast on Wednesday nights at 8pm? The episode broadcast on the 9th October had a 10 minute slot showing Ernest Wright's Scissors in Sheffield which was interesting to watch. It'll be available on catch-up or whatever ITV call their equivalent.

I know the feeling mate, I've been easing myself into semi-retirement the past couple of years! :D

I never watch TV David, but I dare say I can find that online, thanks for the heads-up. I've seen other short films about the firm, and you can call in at their showroom and factory and watch them working - though they seem to do less than me! :D I called in with @herder a couple of years back, and while there was nobody making any scissors, we were able to buy a few things :thumbsup:

Just done a search online, and there's a whole load of short films if folks are interested, including several on Wright's own site . There's more on the Tube. Here's one, from a few years back, for folks who don't want to have to poke around (note the continued misuse of the term 'Master Cutler' by the presenter :rolleyes:) :thumbsup:

Yeah- That's a cool knife Ron matey, it deserves to be in New Zealand actually! :D

oPyhUcQ.jpg

wweVHls.jpg
Thanks Duncan! Charlie’s @waynorth Lambsfoot knives turned out very nice. No surprise, just like every knife Charlie does. Combined with the fine Guardians and other SFO’s from Jack Jack Black Jack Black the last couple of years have brought a long over due resurgence for the Lambsfoot lovers among us.
Beautiful tribute stones for your four legged family members. Beautiful lambs in there also. I hope you’re feeling stronger each day my friend with a full recovery in your sight! :thumbsup::D

I know the feeling mate, I've been easing myself into semi-retirement the past couple of years! :D

I never watch TV David, but I dare say I can find that online, thanks for the heads-up. I've seen other short films about the firm, and you can call in at their showroom and factory and watch them working - though they seem to do less than me! :D I called in with @herder a couple of years back, and while there was nobody making any scissors, we were able to buy a few things :thumbsup:

Just done a search online, and there's a whole load of short films if folks are interested, including several on Wright's own site . There's more on the Tube. Here's one, from a few years back, for folks who don't want to have to poke around (note the continued misuse of the term 'Master Cutler' by the presenter :rolleyes:) :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting that Jack, a visit to their showroom would be interesting.
Anyway I watched the programme and thought "oh now I need some Sheffield scissors". I thought though that I'd check my mum's kitchen draw first. Lucky I did.
7bpLfKE.jpg

All old, and all seem to be 'Richards'. And apart from the two with surface rust which I'm sure a bit of 0000 wool will fix, all appear to be in great nick. :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) I’m visiting my daughter so unfortunately I don’t have any of my wooden covered Lambsfoot knives with me. So I’m not actually carrying any of these, but I thought since it’s Wooden Wednesday a family portrait of my Ironwood clad Lambsfoot collection would be okay! :thumbsup::)

47682419592_a4430367c9_o_d.jpg

Back