Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks Jack. Yep, I thought this thread needed a little shaking today. You're right - we haven't seen some of the regulars lately. I hope Ramrodmb Ramrodmb is ok.
Thanks for thinking of me, Ed.:thumbsup: Things have been hectic and I haven't had as much time to spend here as I like.

Great shot of your ebony, Dan:thumbsup:

More great ebony!:eek: Nice choice, John!

Great shot of your WCLF, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:

Hope your Doc appointments went well! Are you using the VA?

Nice photo of your JB HHB, Vince!:thumbsup:

Aghhh, more beautiful EBONY, Harvey!
Been MIA myself, good to see these posts!:)

More ebony?????o_O
Great shot, Kevin!:thumbsup:

Nice photos, Jack! You made a dismal day look good, with the help of your DamLamb!:cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful shot! :) Better idea!!:D:thumbsup:

Looking good, Taylor! I have yet to try the Sol....may have to change that!;):thumbsup:

I seen John's and Ed's Bat Lamb Signal, but I was delayed by some BedLamb going on here:D!
View attachment 1233530
Great pic, Dennis. Hope you are doing well and happy belated Veterans day to you and Modoc ED Modoc ED and any other Vets we have here among the Guardians.:thumbsup:

@5K Qs, Jack Black Jack Black and possibly others: I know I had quotes saved to reply to and now they are gone. Apologies, my friends.

U7KLNtD.jpg

Nice set-up Leslie :) I use some Trumper's products, but prefer Taylor's shaving cream myself. I quite often use the almond :) Unfortunately, over the last year, both of the places I bought my shaving stuff have closed down :( Great-looking WCLF :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) It's fairly sunny here, for a change :rolleyes: Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start :) Carrying this Alfred Blackwell today :thumbsup:

cYrjNXu.jpg
I have not tried the Almond, i use the lemon and lime, really good, but apparently the Eton college is very good. Going to try it if i can get some.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1234558

@Prester John , Donkey Kong was one of the all time great video games of the 80’s. I was our University Champion I don’t mind saying. It was a wonderful game, and Mario made his first appearance there as the Kong’s protagonist.

flatblackcapo flatblackcapo , @5K Qs , it might be nice to have a home version, but nothing could beat playing Donkey Kong in an arcade one quarter at a time. Those were the last days of the Pin Ball Wizard! I remember having a great run going one evening right at the Arcade’s closing time. They let me stay for an extra hour before finally pulling the plug on the machine so they could get me out and close the shop!

View attachment 1234500

Simpson’s Brush, Trumper’s Shaving Cream, and a Lambsfoot knife. I guess you would call me an Anglophile right Jack? Jack Black Jack Black
I have fond memories of spending hours in a dark arcade, thanks for jarring them loose. :D

Bam-Ba-Lamb!! Betty is looking sassy with that leather slip, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Maybe we could set up a arranged marriage between Betty and Lambar? Imagine the offspring that could be sired.:cool::D

49087212912_0a98f14690_h.jpg

Found my Donkey Kong game too. Now if I could just find my Atari. :rolleyes:

Patience, Grasshopper ED! :p I think Ron mentioned he'd be traveling for the weekend; maybe Linus is getting a grand tour of the nation's capital! :cool::thumbsup::p

I think you may be right Gary.:) I'll put my impatience on the back burner for now.:rolleyes:

I have fond memories of spending hours in a dark arcade, thanks for jarring them loose. :D

Maybe we could set up a arranged marriage between Betty and Lambar? Imagine the offspring that could be sired.:cool::D

Nice Lamb.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"L'il un" with Pere David stag

Ncxkcu7.jpg

Looking good Ed :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Very nice Alfred Blackwell, Jack.:thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians. I’m a beginner at knife sharpening and just got this one. I like it. I feel liberated.

WS Guided
View attachment 1234666

Thank you Harvey, what an absolutely stunning knife :cool: :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

That photo is quite beautiful, but disturbing. Give a whole new meaning to "British Isles". :eek:

Great shot of your rosewood HHB, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I'll jump on the Gala apple bandwagon, too. I eat one almost every day, 1/2 in my morning oatmeal and 1/2 as part of my lunch. I used to be a Fuji fan, but Galas have gradually won me over the past couple of years.

Yeah, we've got a lot of islands here at the moment! :eek: Thanks Gary, I picked up some more Galas this afternoon :) :thumbsup:

You're suddenly falling to pieces recently, Jack! :eek::thumbsdown::(
No wonder you've gone over to the grumpy side! :rolleyes:
Your Unity lamb is unmatched! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Don't I know it buddy, where's it going to end?! :eek: :D Thanks GT :) :thumbsup:

I've certainly never seen anything like that hacksaw! :cool::cool::thumbsup: It's almost like a family heirloom of yours! ;)

That's a real glam SamDamLamb, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Me neither! :rolleyes: Maybe I should frame it and out it on the wall?! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks again my friend :thumbsup:

@5K Qs, Jack Black Jack Black and possibly others: I know I had quotes saved to reply to and now they are gone. Apologies, my friends.

U7KLNtD.jpg

No worries Mark, it's great to see you here, and that's a cool pic :) :thumbsup:

I have not tried the Almond, i use the lemon and lime, really good, but apparently the Eton college is very good. Going to try it if i can get some.:thumbsup:

I used the lemon and lime for years, but then they changed the formula :( I like the coconut :thumbsup:

You crazy kids :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Supposed to be the coldest night of the year so far here, so I thought I'd visit with the London Irish ;) :thumbsup:

YkmS0tp.jpg

fQdHyBf.jpg

Yeah, we've got a lot of islands here at the moment! :eek: Thanks Gary, I picked up some more Galas this afternoon :) :thumbsup:

Don't I know it buddy, where's it going to end?! :eek: :D Thanks GT :) :thumbsup:

Me neither! :rolleyes: Maybe I should frame it and out it on the wall?! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

No worries Mark, it's great to see you here, and that's a cool pic :) :thumbsup:

I used the lemon and lime for years, but then they changed the formula :( I like the coconut :thumbsup:

Supposed to be the coldest night of the year so far here, so I thought I'd visit with the London Irish ;) :thumbsup:

YkmS0tp.jpg

fQdHyBf.jpg
Interesting, did not know they changed the formula. It seems to be a modern trend to change things, just for the sake of change:( Or to cut costs and improve their bottom line.:mad:

It's the first time I've picked up a bottle for a while Dylan, as I don't see it that often, but it's a nice drop :) Thank you for the kind words my friend, gorgeous pic of your WCLF :thumbsup:

Sorry, Dylan, I guess I lost your quote earlier. Wonderful shot of your WCLF!:cool::thumbsup:

What a herd of heavenly horn, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That is an elite lambsfoot, Dylan!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you, fellas, for the kind compliments and my apologies for responding so late. I've been away in the woods for the past several days so haven't been able to check in all that much.

That said, it was a terrific time, practicing various bushcraft skills, engaging in contests, sharing in our collections, and enjoying fine food, drink, and company.

I got a few decent shots (hopefully all non-lambfoot blades have been adequately cropped out):

3BbfaE1.jpg

DTfc8kQ.jpg

BJztKe7.jpg

y9ABV05.jpg

aKkdNhx.jpg

f1ZMTs6.jpg

YkmS0tp.jpg

fQdHyBf.jpg
Nice drinking whiskey. The Bushmills is one of my non-scotch favorites.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Thank you, fellas, for the kind compliments and my apologies for responding so late. I've been away in the woods for the past several days so haven't been able to check in all that much.

That said, it was a terrific time, practicing various bushcraft skills, engaging in contests, sharing in our collections, and enjoying fine food, drink, and company.

I got a few decent shots (hopefully all non-lambfoot blades have been adequately cropped out):

3BbfaE1.jpg

DTfc8kQ.jpg

BJztKe7.jpg

y9ABV05.jpg

aKkdNhx.jpg

f1ZMTs6.jpg
Fantastic photos, beautiful looking country and looks like you had a great time.:) The slab of meat looks delish.:p

3BbfaE1.jpg

DTfc8kQ.jpg

BJztKe7.jpg

y9ABV05.jpg

aKkdNhx.jpg

f1ZMTs6.jpg
FANTASTIC pic's Dylan!!! I love the fire strike picture:cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic photos, beautiful looking country and looks like you had a great time.:) The slab of meat looks delish.:p

FANTASTIC pic's Dylan!!! I love the fire strike picture:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas! Paul, that fire strike picture is one of my favorites, I can't believe how good it turned out. I was bent over, snapping in quick succession, hoping at least one captured what I was intending :D.

Interesting, did not know they changed the formula. It seems to be a modern trend to change things, just for the sake of change:( Or to cut costs and improve their bottom line.:mad:

Yeah, it was a few years ago now :( Having used it for years, I was very disappointed, the 'new' stuff is thinner, and has a synthetic, chemical smell to me. I suspect that they replaced the natural limes, which would make it cheaper to produce. I tried Trumper's Lime, but was disappointed with that too, so now I mainly use Taylor's Coconut, and the Almond to a lesser extent. The only other Taylor's cream I've used is Lavender, a gift from my girlfriend, but it's a bit too scented for me, can't say I'm a fan. I do use Trumper's Extract of Limes Skin Food, which is great after a shave, and a bottle lasts me ages :thumbsup:

3BbfaE1.jpg

DTfc8kQ.jpg

BJztKe7.jpg

y9ABV05.jpg

aKkdNhx.jpg

f1ZMTs6.jpg

Dylan, those photos are absolutely fantastic :) It sounds like you had a fantastic time my friend :) :thumbsup:

Nice drinking whiskey. The Bushmills is one of my non-scotch favorites.

I bought the Malt last Xmas, but had actually forgotten I had it in the cupboard :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, sad to see this thread on page 2 again :( Hope everyone's week is off to a good start. Cold here, but at least it's not raining. I'm going to slip my AC in my pocket. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

JUbVM5A.jpg

Bowl by our man Dan :cool: :thumbsup:

Back