Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Happy Sunday Guardians
I'm going furniture shopping with my wife, I won't really need a knife.
So I'm going to take the opportunity to carry my Hartshead today. :):thumbsup:

Hope the shopping went OK John ;) :thumbsup:

Wow! You ought to move to south Texas.
Pew4TWP.png

RG2AW5P.jpg

That'd be considered a reasonable English summer day Vince :D Nice pic my friend :thumbsup:

Like Dan, an ebony regular is in the pocket today. But unlike Dan, I'm not freezing! Come West Dan ;)

LWTTnvR.jpg

View attachment 1280608

Cool pic Mike :thumbsup:

Clever Jon :D :cool: By coincidence I just ordered some of those fibre liners earlier :)

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Great out door images of your Lamb Foot Duo.

donn donn - Thank you David.another great surroundings image.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Albert Oates
View attachment 1280656

Thanks a lot Harvey, your Albert Oates is an absolute peach :cool: :thumbsup:

I’ve got a theory on that blade cant. Rodgers (or whoever it is making knives with the Rodgers name nowadays) is designing knives that also function as boomerangs. That way, if you get frustrated with the questionable build quality and try to chuck it in the trash, it does a 180° midair and comes right back to ya! :D

Could be Barrett! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

I must say that your collection, along with your eye for a good picture never ceases to amaze me.... All I have to do anything here with is my phone. Perhaps someday I'll be able to compare with everyone else on the porch in photographic acumen and collection status. Until then I'll do what I can and just enjoy the awesome pictures and knowledge displayed here.
Thank you for the kind words. I don’t believe I have ever seen a bad image if it’s about cutlery.:) Please keep sharing yours.:thumbsup:

Well good afternoon Guardians. It's been a busy week for me but I did manage to get out on a walk on Wednesday.
gtmHH7j.jpg

Bridestones. West Yorkshire.
JNWo6Qa.jpg

5WEIWP8.jpg
Beautiful pics David, wide open spaces !
I did not know what Bridestones where so I searched a bit online and enjoyed reading about these spectacular rock formations :thumbsup:

Yum :thumbsup: Sweet pic Harvey!:) Love the color composition :thumbsup:

Wow! You ought to move to south Texas.
Pew4TWP.png

RG2AW5P.jpg
I would in a heartbeat Vince :thumbsup:
Some of the best memories of my life are from Texas where my wife and I moved right after we got married. We lived there for about two years :thumbsup:
Geez Dan ! I don’t know how you and others live in those temps :eek:. I’m 33 yrs old and have only seen snow once in my life lol. Lived in Florida my whole life, not sure my body would function up north. Glad you are taking proper care to keep the lambsfoot warm. :)
Gracias Jon :D, I think my lamb hates the cold too lol
We try to cope the best we can by doing some outdoor activities and keep active. Winter is specially hard on our elderly population. I work in health care arranging support services for seniors. So many of them are unable to leave the house for months at time in winter :(
My in-laws are from Cuba and after living in Canada for many years could not take the winter anymore and moved to Sarasota Florida.
Humm, I just realized that I am really missing my mother in law :D. Perhaps we should arrange a trip to visit them :D

Like Dan, an ebony regular is in the pocket today. But unlike Dan, I'm not freezing! Come West Dan ;)

LWTTnvR.jpg

screen-shot-2020-02-09-at-10-07-16-am-png.1280608
"Go west young man" :D
I would too Mike, we could go shooting slingshots together :thumbsup::)

So a mass of warm air moved into our region with a considerable temperature swing from this morning to this afternoon.
We had been mostly indoors for the past couple days so we decided to check another place, about an hour drive, that offers skating trough the forest and other winter activities. It was packed with people ! Temp was -8 Celsius.

I took my Hartshead Barlow with me :thumbsup:

JACZVe6.jpg

yzQjXpx.jpg

S8HGlVh.jpg

Thank, Jack. :)
It went about as well as shopping can go. We saw some nice over-priced furniture and didn't spend a penny. ;)

:D :thumbsup:

So a mass of warm air moved into our region with a considerable temperature swing from this morning to this afternoon.
We had been mostly indoors for the past couple days so we decided to check another place, about an hour drive, that offers skating trough the forest and other winter activities. It was packed with people ! Temp was -8 Celsius.

JACZVe6.jpg

yzQjXpx.jpg

S8HGlVh.jpg

Stunning pics Dan, and it's great to see your Hartshead Barlow there with you :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) Thought I'd treat myself to another Double Lambsfoot Day to sweeten up Monday a little ;) Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

IlZZGDL.jpg

Ydn1zFJ.jpg

donn donn - Thank you David.another great surroundings image.

Albert Oates
View attachment 1280656

Cheers. :thumbsup:
A lovely pic of the Albert Oates. I wish they still made them like that.

It was :D
Old man winter was not pleased with my post teasing him. We woke up to this :eek:

xv4VA6F.png

I am getting ready to go out now. Just went out to start the car.
I am glad it started !!!!

tH61MdY.jpg

Now that's more like the Canada we all know and love :)

Thank you very much. Plowing isn't so much hard as boring. We were lucky to have both of our trucks up and running for this storm, one truck makes for some long days...
View attachment 1280473
Lambsfoot content!!!

I can well imagine driving a truck through endless white must take persistent long term concentration. You'd make a good pilot. Or sniper. :):thumbsup:

That'd be considered a reasonable English summer day Vince :D

But with less rain.

Beautiful pics David, wide open spaces !
I did not know what Bridestones where so I searched a bit online and enjoyed reading about these spectacular rock formations :thumbsup:

JACZVe6.jpg

yzQjXpx.jpg

S8HGlVh.jpg

Thanks Dan; it's hardly wilderness but on a weekday in the winter you come across very few people.
YRs2rs0.jpg

I'm not sure what the meaning of 'Bride' is but 'Bridestones' appears to be quite a common name for rock formations; certainly in the north of England anyway.
This was on the same walk and is one of the ancient standing stones on the moors above Todmorden.

rhm7COe.jpg

I'm carrying this one today to remind me to sharpen it, as among all my Lambsfoot this is the one that holds it edge the least.

https://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=10342
aFthf6A.jpg

I do like that set up in the woods for skating and such like. Is that a fire you have going behind your HHB?

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) Thought I'd treat myself to another Double Lambsfoot Day to sweeten up Monday a little ;) Have a good week folks :thumbsup:

IlZZGDL.jpg

Ydn1zFJ.jpg
Nice to see Lucy getting some daylight. Hope you both have a great day. :cool::thumbsup:

I've been on more than a few fencing crews, glad I didn't live there and have to deal with rocks.
Beautiful scenery, it looks like a marvelous place to wander around. I wonder of they are called "brides" because it looks like they are out waiting for their husbands to return from the pub? :D

Thanks Dan; it's hardly wilderness but on a weekday in the winter you come across very few people.
YRs2rs0.jpg

I'm not sure what the meaning of 'Bride' is but 'Bridestones' appears to be quite a common name for rock formations; certainly in the north of England anyway.
This was on the same walk and is one of the ancient standing stones on the moors above Todmorden.

rhm7COe.jpg

I'm carrying this one today to remind me to sharpen it, as among all my Lambsfoot this is the one that holds it edge the least.

aFthf6A.jpg

I do like that set up in the woods for skating and such like. Is that a fire you have going behind your HHB?

Beautiful David :) I love to get out midweek, sometimes, in winter, you don't see another soul all day :thumbsup:

Nice to see Lucy getting some daylight. Hope you both have a great day. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you John, Lucy has only had limited sunlight today :rolleyes: Lot of branches littering my street today, but no trees down thankfully :thumbsup:

qlIXeUC.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
It's Monday, time to return to the grind stone.

Have a good week my friend :thumbsup:

The HHB helped me out with some tri-tip yesterday.
49513834708_26263e2459_b.jpg

Have a good week Guardians.

Looks like you're living well Kevin :) :thumbsup:

I don't really have the space to set up an indoor slingshot range, but I worked out that I could improvise one in my hall. I fitted some really light bands, to fire plastic ammo, and as I had all my work done by mid afternoon, I thought I'd have a practice session. All was going well until the pouch came apart, bit rubbish after around 30 shots o_O :(

od43gWp.jpg

TwUVj4V.jpg

ZM2YWSw.jpg

20WuLgf.jpg

Went to change the bands, and the new clip set I'd fitted this morning had also broken! :mad: Think I'll be shopping elsewhere in future :thumbsdown:

dfnjv25.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning pics Dan, and it's great to see your Hartshead Barlow there with you :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack :), I enjoyed bringing along my special Hartshead :thumbsup:
We had a good time. I was a bit cold and stiff in the beginning but it felt much better once I got warmed up with a bit of exercise :thumbsup: .
Yes, there were a few fires going on at different spots. We saw some young families even having a "little picnic" around them :eek:
NOT for us, lol. We would skate for about 15 min then go inside the main building and sit by the fireplace for a while before going out again.
It was cold !!!

Beautiful David :) I love to get out midweek, sometimes, in winter, you don't see another soul all day :thumbsup:

Thank you John, Lucy has only had limited sunlight today :rolleyes: Lot of branches littering my street today, but no trees down thankfully :thumbsup:

qlIXeUC.jpg

Have a good week my friend :thumbsup:

Looks like you're living well Kevin :) :thumbsup:

I don't really have the space to set up an indoor slingshot range, but I worked out that I could improvise one in my hall. I fitted some really light bands, to fire plastic ammo, and as I had all my work done by mid afternoon, I thought I'd have a practice session. All was going well until the pouch came apart, bit rubbish after around 30 shots o_O :(

od43gWp.jpg

TwUVj4V.jpg

ZM2YWSw.jpg

20WuLgf.jpg

Went to change the bands, and the new clip set I'd fitted this morning had also broken! :mad: Think I'll be shopping elsewhere in future :thumbsdown:

dfnjv25.jpg

It does look like a big windstorm Jack.
I looked at the fallen tree in the pic and as a wood turner I am thinking " Humm, what tree is that ? would that wood be good for turning bowls :D

Great that you were able to set up a mini range for slingshot practice :thumbsup:

Couple more pics from yesterday

FPpuPZS.jpg

ehY5Zhj.jpg

Aim higher... ;)
Great picture of a fantastic knife and my favorite childhood treat. :cool::thumbsup:
I used to hate it when I only got a sticker for a prize. :mad::thumbsdown:
You seem like an appropriate target to me, John! :D
Thanks for your Cracker Jack compliment. :)
I bought a 3-pack to use for photos, and the prize in each was just an URL for a website where a game could be played. :( (Not only that, but the 3 boxes contained a total of only about a dozen peanuts! :mad::()

Thank you for the compliments Gary! :) Cracker Jack is a beauty from either side my friend! :thumbsup: :D
Thanks, Ron. :)

Sounds like a good plan. I should use more pictures I have on Imgur I've never posted instead of taking a new pic everytime I post. :thumbsup:
Just call me efficient (or lazy :rolleyes:) for shamelessly re-using photos! ;)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. It is fresh snow crystals. Smashing Cracker Jack image.

1-XL
View attachment 1280163
Thanks, Harvey. :)
I thought your I*XL was English, but maybe it's Danish! :cool::thumbsup:;)

Yes sir, Knox College is indeed in Galesburg; Linus and I may have to pay it a visit in the next couple of days!
Thanks for the confirmation. :)

Like most Lambfoot knives, the Extraordinary Linus works great as a carpenters marking knife, and of course...View attachment 1280345 opening packages is child's play for him!View attachment 1280344 Linus has been riding in my back pocket and faithfully handling all such chores for me this week as the perfect companion that he is!
I'm impressed that you've got your guest working hard with you, Ben! ;):thumbsup::cool:

A pleasure Gary, those old catalogues are crammed with such an array of tools and cutlery items. All gone now, sadly :( That's a really great photo of Cracker Jack :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for your remarks, Jack. :)

Prestigious pair, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

It was :D
Old man winter was not pleased with my post teasing him. We woke up to this :eek:
That's incredibly cold IMHO, Dan :eek:; -28C = -18.4F. We'll occasionally have windchills that cold, but VERY rarely does the actual temperature drop to 2 digits below zero (F). But Michigan is a peninsula surrounded by Great Lakes, and our "weather" coming across Lake Michigan (30 miles west of me) tends to moderate temperatures (but intensify snow fall).

I'm having an easy day, hanging out with these two :) :thumbsup:

LGF5aLR.jpg

arj4s3u.jpg
Jack, Charlie and you certainly have something to be proud of with those lambsfoot knives you brought into being!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Wow! You ought to move to south Texas....
RG2AW5P.jpg
Sensational pic of your ironwood Guardians lambsfoot, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
(I'm going to ignore your pleasant weather report.)

I’ve got a theory on that blade cant. Rodgers (or whoever it is making knives with the Rodgers name nowadays) is designing knives that also function as boomerangs. That way, if you get frustrated with the questionable build quality and try to chuck it in the trash, it does a 180° midair and comes right back to ya! :D
Interesting theory, Barrett! :thumbsup::D:D
I wonder if I could get something like that to work with all the money I throw away? :rolleyes:

JACZVe6.jpg

yzQjXpx.jpg

S8HGlVh.jpg
Those "groomed paths" for skating through the woods seem like a wonderful idea, Dan; your photos of them and your HHB are first-rate! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

IlZZGDL.jpg

Ydn1zFJ.jpg
Really like the color in both photos, Jack, but especially in the HHB pic! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Splendor in the Grass, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

rhm7COe.jpg

aFthf6A.jpg

Those standing stones are intriguing, David; thanks for the pics and link! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I was looking for more info and found something about standing stones from the North York Moors National Park!

Beautiful scenery, it looks like a marvelous place to wander around. I wonder of they are called "brides" because it looks like they are out waiting for their husbands to return from the pub? :D
:p:thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
It's Monday, time to return to the grind stone.
You're like a knife, John; that grindstone will keep you sharp! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Lam Jack for me this week:
jan18.gl.mark.closed.bht.jpg

- GT

Wonderful grain in the wood. :cool::thumbsup:

I bought a 3-pack to use for photos, and the prize in each was just an URL for a website where a game could be played. :( (Not only that, but the 3 boxes contained a total of only about a dozen peanuts! :mad::()
Sad days, but I bet kids these days would prefer some on-line content over a plastic whistle or magnifying glass.

You're like a knife, John; that grindstone will keep you sharp! ;):thumbsup::cool:
Or wear my down... ;)

jan18-gl-mark-closed-bht-jpg.1281421
Beautiful horn on your Lam Jack, GT. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Jack :), I enjoyed bringing along my special Hartshead :thumbsup:
We had a good time. I was a bit cold and stiff in the beginning but it felt much better once I got warmed up with a bit of exercise :thumbsup: .

Yes, there were a few fires going on at different spots. We saw some young families even having a "little picnic" around them :eek:
NOT for us, lol. We would skate for about 15 min then go inside the main building and sit by the fireplace for a while before going out again.
It was cold !!!

It does look like a big windstorm Jack.
I looked at the fallen tree in the pic and as a wood turner I am thinking " Humm, what tree is that ? would that wood be good for turning bowls :D

Great that you were able to set up a mini range for slingshot practice :thumbsup:

Couple more pics from yesterday

FPpuPZS.jpg

ehY5Zhj.jpg

Sounds fabulous Dan :) Yeah, over the years, a few big trees have come down on my street. Right away, there's neighbours running to them with axes and chainsaws, lot of folks burn wood roundabouts! :D :thumbsup: There's been a lot of flooding in Yorkshire, all the regular spots, and even places that don't usually see it. I'm glad to be on a hill :thumbsup: Superb photos my friend :)

Jack Black Jack Black Happy DLF day, Jack. Great images.

donn donn - Thank you David. Beautiful images of your hiking surroundings.

TEW Lamb.
View attachment 1281415

Thanks pal, smashing pic of your TEW, you got a really nice one there :thumbsup:

Thanks for your remarks, Jack. :)

Jack, Charlie and you certainly have something to be proud of with those lambsfoot knives you brought into being!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Really like the color in both photos, Jack, but especially in the HHB pic! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1281421

- GT

That's TERRIBLE about the Crackerjack Gary! :mad: Thanks for all your kind words my friend, beautiful pic of Lam Jack :) :thumbsup:

Back