Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Spring has sprung.....or is about to :cool:
20210304-144555.jpg

And a better picture of the same lambsfoot
20210304-144915.jpg

As I was catching up in the thread today, I realized it's been a little while since a lambsfoot has been carried... Decided to correct that. Ebony big 'un with me now.

Also have to show off a slingshot that arrived today. Like the lambsfoot it came from Sheffield, and also like the lambsfoot, was a gift from a friend who carved it from an ash fork.

7iuLSgd.jpg

Hope everyone has a great end to the week and an even better weekend!

That's a cool pic Jer :cool: Funny about the PJ, I once heard my great grandmother used to eat the stuff to ward off colds (kinda crazy old woman TBH)! :eek: :rolleyes:

kpa5YQU.jpg
Did it work?

That's a beautiful knife.
Your great grandma does sound a little crazy.
I'm not sure how sane it is to heat a pan of petroleum jelly, either. I can see myself running down the street like Richard Pryor on a bad day.
This box says nothing about razors, I made an assumption based on the stone's fine grain.
CYZKvWp.jpg
Those old Niagara Falls Carborundum stones are great, and that's a nice one. Not dished out yet. :thumbsup:

As I was catching up in the thread today, I realized it's been a little while since a lambsfoot has been carried... Decided to correct that. Ebony big 'un with me now.

Also have to show off a slingshot that arrived today. Like the lambsfoot it came from Sheffield, and also like the lambsfoot, was a gift from a friend who carved it from an ash fork.

7iuLSgd.jpg

You too mate.:) Been a good week, you're around as well as Denis, good to see.:).

Rapt!!
I just won a Herbert Robinson, Sheffield Real Lambsfoot! :):thumbsup:

Wow! Congratulations mate, can't wait to see it :cool: If I remember correctly, Ron used to have a Herbert Robinson, and it was a stunner :) :thumbsup:

Spring has sprung.....or is about to :cool:
20210304-144555.jpg

And a better picture of the same lambsfoot
20210304-144915.jpg

It certainly has! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

7iuLSgd.jpg

Great to see you here Mike, your Bagpipe Ebony Big 'Un is looking good :) That's a very nicely-made slingshot my friend, how do you find the tab set-up? :thumbsup:

Did it work?

Not sure, she was a mean old woman, and I think cold germs would have given her a wide berth anyway :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians, we've made it through another week! :rolleyes: It doesn't look like a bad day here, and I'll be going out for some exercise, and to pick up a bit of shopping, before it changes its mind ;) Carrying an Old Friend in the form of my 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

haCQQhM.jpg

Wow! Congratulations mate, can't wait to see it :cool: If I remember correctly, Ron used to have a Herbert Robinson, and it was a stunner :) :thumbsup:

It certainly has! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Mike, your Bagpipe Ebony Big 'Un is looking good :) That's a very nicely-made slingshot my friend, how do you find the tab set-up? :thumbsup:

Not sure, she was a mean old woman, and I think cold germs would have given her a wide berth anyway :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians, we've made it through another week! :rolleyes: It doesn't look like a bad day here, and I'll be going out for some exercise, and to pick up a bit of shopping, before it changes its mind ;) Carrying an Old Friend in the form of my 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

haCQQhM.jpg
Jack my friend, I don’t think it will be as good as Ron’s - will have to try and find his one - this one that I just won has the fairly generic Jig Work - poor photos so I don’t really know what the Blade is like but I think it’s pretty good - although it has a wee bit of surface rust in a few places.
I do like the font of the stamping.
I will certainly will post it up when I get it. :) :thumbsup:

Have a good Day.
The handle is really beautiful.

Thank you my friend, have a good day yourself :) :thumbsup:

Jack my friend, I don’t think it will be as good as Ron’s - will have to try and find his one - this one that I just won has the fairly generic Jig Work - poor photos so I don’t really know what the Blade is like but I think it’s pretty good - although it has a wee bit of surface rust in a few places.
I do like the font of the stamping.
I will certainly will post it up when I get it. :) :thumbsup:

Here's Ron's wonderful example (a few more links in the thread index), I am looking forward to seeing yours my friend :) :thumbsup:

35858019270_36a451b695_b_d.jpg

Since I've missed most of our National Pie Week, I thought I'd have a Pie Day :) It hasn't got off to a good start though, look at the state of this apple pie I bought (boxed) at the supermarket, it isn't even baked properly :mad:

LWU1rBb.jpg

Thanks Jack. My first and only Big 'Un, and it couldn't be better. I almost want to call it a lambsword compared to the little ones ;)

The slingshot is pretty neat. The tabs take some getting used to, but they're a great way to attach the tubes, and definitely reduce wear for a longer band life.

Shame about your pie too! We picked up a cherry pie the other day that was a bit overdone. Crust falling apart and crumbly. Thankfully it still tasted great, but very messy :p

TGIF!!

Thank you my friend, have a good day yourself :) :thumbsup:

Here's Ron's wonderful example (a few more links in the thread index), I am looking forward to seeing yours my friend :) :thumbsup:

35858019270_36a451b695_b_d.jpg

Since I've missed most of our National Pie Week, I thought I'd have a Pie Day :) It hasn't got off to a good start though, look at the state of this apple pie I bought (boxed) at the supermarket, it isn't even baked properly :mad:

LWU1rBb.jpg
Sorry 'bout the apple pie my friend:(. Just throw a little vanilla ice cream on it and it'll be fine!:D Maybe warm it ip a bit first then throw on a big scoop of ice cream:thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. My first and only Big 'Un, and it couldn't be better. I almost want to call it a lambsword compared to the little ones ;)

The slingshot is pretty neat. The tabs take some getting used to, but they're a great way to attach the tubes, and definitely reduce wear for a longer band life.

Shame about your pie too! We picked up a cherry pie the other day that was a bit overdone. Crust falling apart and crumbly. Thankfully it still tasted great, but very messy :p

TGIF!!

Yes, it's a very different knife isn't it? :D I tabbed up a slingshot with some heavy tubes, which were a bit short for my draw length, but they're a bit heavy for the tabs - and for me! :rolleyes: Thanks mate, it's still only partly cooked in the middle, so I'll have to see if I can do something about it, even though the centre has collapsed o_O I wish I'd opted for the cherry pie now ;) :thumbsup:

Eating healthy this morning:D.
View attachment 1521167

That's the healthy way to eat an apple Bill, cool shot :thumbsup:

Sorry 'bout the apple pie my friend:(. Just throw a little vanilla ice cream on it and it'll be fine!:D Maybe warm it ip a bit first then throw on a big scoop of ice cream:thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, I think I'll try putting foil over it, and put it in the oven for ten minutes. I don't fancy eating that half-cooked pastry o_O I don't have any ice-cream in I'm afraid, but maybe I'll have it with custard :) :thumbsup:

Speaking of pies, I found the white thing on the right that says just "Germany" on it while looking for something else. I think it must be a pie-funnel. The blackbird is Chinese and the Wade is Vietnamese (but designed in England, I'm sure. Great Aunt Edie had one just like it).
2xR2Mlt.jpg

Back