Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That horn looks beautiful Leon, but bad news about the action. You might need to get it in a bowl of soapy water, and work the blade backwards and forwards for a while, then dry it thoroughly, blow out the joints with WD40, and re-oil :thumbsup: What has happened to the spine of the blade, near the tang, it looks like some clod has ground it away? I have to say, I despair with the contemporary Sheffield cutlery companies, they are a disgrace. Being as you had already had to return one knife, couldn't someone at TEW have taken just a little bit of time to check they weren't sending you another dud?! I suggest you contact Alistair Fisher, who is still Managing Director of TEW, his ancestors must be turning in their graves o_O
I might try contacting Mr. Fisher, it can’t hurt. I’m definitely going to try the soap and water. Thanks Jack!
Todd

Just took my dog outside … this can not be happening :eek: :D

DYfQaPb.jpg

I might try contacting Mr. Fisher, it can’t hurt. I’m definitely going to try the soap and water. Thanks Jack!
Todd

Let us know what he has to say Todd :thumbsup: If you buy a pocket knife from a company that claims to be a cutlers, I don't think it's too much to ask that it works like a pocket knife should, and really, you shouldn't have to do anything to help it along. Any cutlers. worth the name, would have spotted the faults before sending out such a knife :thumbsdown:

DYfQaPb.jpg

:eek:! Well it made for a nice photo at least Dan! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Nice photo Jack.:thumbsup:

:eek: My Lambfoot collection just doubled, thanks to Ed’s generosity! Thanks buddy, it’s a great jump start!:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
Todd
View attachment 1550825

Thanks buddy, congratulations :thumbsup:

WOW that is a BEAUTY!!

Thank you, one of my 'Ashley's Choice' Lambsfoot SFOs from 2018 :thumbsup:

Really great pic, Jack! Phenomenal Stag! Hope you’re having a fine day, friend. :thumbsup:

Thank you Mark, I took it on my street, about 10 yards from my front door! :D I had fun at the market my friend - and a chip butty ;) I find standing up for 6 or 7 hours hard on my feet though :rolleyes: Hope you're keeping well :) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, it's not so sunny here today, but at least it's not raining! :D I thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day (using an old pic)! :D ;) Have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

7HrTPmb.jpg
A Powerful Pair, Jack! And the pocket hammer, great for driving loose cover pins!:D:thumbsup:
Here's how it looks at the moment. There's still quite a bit I want to do to it, but I want to darken the wood just a little, which I'm going to try doing with wax. I've added the ferrule, and the compass. The latter is stuck in very securely with epoxy, but I'm going to coat the top with a little yacht varnish, just to make it a little neater :thumbsup:

H3bBDnY.jpg

qxo174V.jpg

iSA34R2.jpg

I'll be adding a wrist-loop, and possibly a paracord wrap, but I need to wax the wood before I can do that :thumbsup:
Looking fantastic, Jack!:eek::thumbsup:
Always a treat to see that one, José!:thumbsup:
I've seen those, but never sprung for one.
dscf8858-jpg.1550130

This bit of wild cherry is still my favorite. A bit longer than a canonical cane.

A piece of oak from the parental woodlot, cut maybe even fifty years ago.
i68y9q6.jpg

Here's a couple of 19th Century canes I'm about to put some Ren Wax on :thumbsup:

VzgA1qY.jpg
Jack, Jer, some great looking "Lambs, Sticks and Canes"! Might make a great song, like a sequel to "Lawyers, Guns and Money"!??...o_O:cool::thumbsup::oops:

DYfQaPb.jpg
Springtime Snow...:confused:brrr! Hope spring comes back around for you, Dan!
Is it hard to find 6 fingered gloves to fit, Jack?:D:thumbsup:
I'll be heading down to the market early in the morning, so have a good day everyone :) Going to have my AC in my pocket :thumbsup:

ApYkWY4.jpg
:eek:
Such grand popcorn-ish covers!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope you had a great day out at the Market!
That's a fine staff Jack! Hope you have a good day at the market.

Cheers all.View attachment 1550602
Nice photo of your WCLF, Dwight!
Nice photo Jack.:thumbsup:

:eek: My Lambfoot collection just doubled, thanks to Ed’s generosity! Thanks buddy, it’s a great jump start!:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
Todd
View attachment 1550825
Wow!
Congratulations, Todd, and cudos to Ed's generosity!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Dandy shot of your M. May, José!:thumbsup:
Wow! Nice Shots of some VERY nice Knives!
I am so so glad to have this beauty back in my pocket today!

rDRNxyY.jpg
Such incredible colors your HHB covers have, Duncan! Beautiful!:):thumbsup:

A recycled, but spring is here, and bird watching.

Have a great Friday!
y0U2g0I.jpg

Back