Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I love that big Stag Lambsfoot of yours Jack. What a beauty!!!
Wow- 50,000!!!
That is just incredible- I have to say that you maintain this Thread immaculately - it’s THE fastest Thread here without a doubt, and a Fantastic one at that!
Well done my friend and we’ll done to the Guardians who keep this Thread moving so very well.
Have a great day folks.

Thanks a lot Todd, I'm going to have my Hartshead Barlow with me tomorrow :) Here's a pic from the last time I was in that area. Hope you and all the other Guardians have a fantastic weekend :thumbsup:

4Q6wDJq.jpg
Your HHB is looking great Jack.:thumbsup: Hope your weekend goes well and the rain holds off.:cool:

Today has gone FASSSTT! :D I've just been packing my bag for a hike tomorrow, got 2 litres of water, my slingshot gear, and everything I need for some lunch in the woods...it ain't exactly light! :eek: :D The weather forecast is good, but in Yorkshire, that rarely means you don't need to pack a raincoat! :rolleyes: I'm going to head out to Rougemont on the River Wharfe again, got a circular walk planned, hopefully it'll be a great day :) :thumbsup:

Hopefully, warmer than the last time I was out that way :D ;) It was still a nice day though :) :thumbsup:

w0kfW1n.jpg
Who is this guy?😃 Straight out of the Orvis magazine!;)

I reckon it might be me who ate all the pies :rolleyes: I had a steak bake for dinner, steak & onion pie for tea, followed by apple pie & custard :D ;) :thumbsup:

Crikey! we'll have to do an emergency pie drop from Lancashire.😋

I did try to represent our side as much as I could, but it was tough!😁👍🍺🍺

Really been sticking to the Ironwood lately.
LFJ315H.jpg

Have a great Friday, all!
Yip, our Teutonic friends are no slouches when it comes to beer. I'm sure you did as well as you could 🥴 🙂

HHB received some care today.
zJyxgKX.jpg

Happy weekend friends! Today was my first saturday off in the past 8 weeks, i got to sleep in till 7:00!! Had a relaxed morning of coffee eggs and cartoons with my wife and my boy. We visited a local brewery with some friends and their kids. Then grilled some chicken and burgers when we got home. Had my trusty lambsfoot in my pocket all day. 20210612_173124_copy_756x1008.jpg20210612_202215_copy_669x790.jpg

I love that big Stag Lambsfoot of yours Jack. What a beauty!!!
Wow- 50,000!!!
That is just incredible- I have to say that you maintain this Thread immaculately - it’s THE fastest Thread here without a doubt, and a Fantastic one at that!
Well done my friend and we’ll done to the Guardians who keep this Thread moving so very well.
Have a great day folks.
Thanks a lot pal :) Yeah, quite a milestone, thanks to all our regular and longstanding contributors :) THis thread doesn't FLY like it once did, but still going strong :) :thumbsup:
Your HHB is looking great Jack.:thumbsup: Hope your weekend goes well and the rain holds off.:cool:
Many thanks Bill, hope you're settling into your new home :) :thumbsup:
We are only 3 pages off Two and a Half Thousand.3️⃣.:).
:cool: :thumbsup:
Hope to share with you all new and recent buys soon!

BWUGIRR.jpg
Looks like you got a good one there Ken, great pic :) :thumbsup:
Who is this guy?😃 Straight out of the Orvis magazine!;)
LOL! Thanks buddy :D :thumbsup:
Today I decided to unpack my Ironwood.
View attachment 1581212
Good move my friend ;) :) :thumbsup:
This sunlight stuff is tricky.
ZlCfKwz.jpg
Isn't it just Jer? :D :) :thumbsup:
Crikey! we'll have to do an emergency pie drop from Lancashire.😋

Yip, our Teutonic friends are no slouches when it comes to beer. I'm sure you did as well as you could 🥴 🙂

HHB received some care today.
zJyxgKX.jpg
LOL! :D Great to see your Hartshead Barlow mate :) :thumbsup:
Happy weekend friends! Today was my first saturday off in the past 8 weeks, i got to sleep in till 7:00!! Had a relaxed morning of coffee eggs and cartoons with my wife and my boy. We visited a local brewery with some friends and their kids. Then grilled some chicken and burgers when we got home. Had my trusty lambsfoot in my pocket all day. View attachment 1581821View attachment 1581823
That sounds like a fantastic day, and a well-earned one :) Smashing pics :cool: :) :thumbsup:
🐑 🦶 toting and slingshot plinking on an island 🏝 😎👍

g3gApTa.jpg
Been enjoying following your adventures Dan, looks like a fantastic trip :) Glad you were able to get some plinking in, love the pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :) I had a fantastic day yesterday, but a 10 mile hike in hot weather, with a fairly heavy pack, really took it out of me, and I was shattered when I got home yesterday evening! I'll get some pics up soon :) Have a great Sunday Guardians :) :thumbsup:

qNA4rLT.jpg

We had a fantastic day out hiking yesterday, in glorious weather, which only got better throughout the day. There was a great deal of wildlife to be seen, the most striking being a white deer, which we actually spotted from the top deck of the bus, shortly before we alighted at Harewood Bridge for the start of our walk. We walked upstream, along the banks of the River Wharfe, with views of Almscliffe Crag, which along with Weeton Church, would dominate the skyline throughout most of our walk. While not particularly high, the crag surmounts the whole area, and was once a popular spot for local rock-climbers.

ZlxxhXd.jpg

B7Es1Dv.jpg

Z0fMPlI.jpg

9aEFhTf.jpg

YzkBDen.jpg

XhWsSDB.jpg

rPL2yWh.jpg

d1nETdJ.jpg

We were not doing a circuit of Almscliffe though, nor of the church, but of ancient Rougemont Castle, the remains of which lie in woodland adjacent to the River Wharfe. There isn't a great deal to see today unfortunately, but the woods are tranquil and beautiful, and made a good spot to stop for lunch, and for me to experiment with various fire-lighting techniques, and to test out my new slingshot :)

eu3XHls.jpg

wMALMqR.jpg

MJs2ExN.jpg

wXx7U64.jpg

After spending an hour in the woods, we set off hiking again, and it wasn't long before we emerged into the sunshine once again, walking over fields to an ancient packhorse bridge.

cO207mB.jpg

XZJwO7D.jpg

DX5osIO.jpg

9QEHc8Q.jpg

2ksbd4w.jpg

(More to come!)

No matter how remote, from tranquil woodland to moor and mountain, every inch of the English countryside is owned by someone, and the only legal access, without prior permission, is along the ancient paths and trackways, known as 'Rights of Way'. Sadly, many miles of public footpaths and bridleways disappear every year, and are often ploughed up, illegally re-routed, or obstructed by gates and barbed-wire. Allowing access, and maintaining stiles, is the responsibility of the landowner, but stiles are often left broken, neglected, or strewn with barbed-wire. Unfortunately, we were to encounter many such stiles in the following miles of our walk. Typically, they weren't stiles at all, but just a small gap in a hawthorn hedge, allowing narrow access to a four-foot fence, which had to be precariously scaled :( Crossing the first two obstacles, we eventually made it to the high-steepled church of Saint Barnabas, close to the old village of Weeton, which today is no more than a cluster of houses, with not so much as a pub or post office remaining.

FRjDIwy.jpg

l7CSAjZ.jpg

zLpPO7k.jpg

79GGGdi.jpg

After pausing for a short rest in the small churchyard, we continued on our journey in the hot sunshine, passing through Weeton, and what was once its school, and into a collection of stables. The path led us past large gardens, and through more fields, before it began to climb, with increasing steepness, uphill. We noted that a new fence had diverted the footpath from its original, more gentle, route.

B81RFSG.jpg

z0VqXUD.jpg

jtnfJeJ.jpg

A4H6s8v.jpg

DVUaWD7.jpg

KDcx0yk.jpg

CJrCbNU.jpg

At the summit of our walk, we enjoyed fine views of the surrounding countryside, before beginning the long descent back to Rougemont, where I lit my twig-stove again, and we had some ramen noodles and miso to replace the salt lost during our hill-climb.

Ll1FheM.jpg

4O1j9V1.jpg

After some more slingshot practice in the woods, we retraced our earlier steps along the banks of the Wharfe, and after another steep climb, found sanctuary in a pub, where that first pint didn't touch the sides! :D :thumbsup:

i7meGoz.jpg

MGmAgtq.jpg

399pNBE.jpg

SxaH3L8.jpg

No matter how remote, from tranquil woodland to moor and mountain, every inch of the English countryside is owned by someone, and the only legal access, without prior permission, is along the ancient paths and trackways, known as 'Rights of Way'. Sadly, many miles of public footpaths and bridleways disappear every year, and are often ploughed up, illegally re-routed, or obstructed by gates and barbed-wire. Allowing access, and maintaining stiles, is the responsibility of the landowner, but stiles are often left broken, neglected, or strewn with barbed-wire. Unfortunately, we were to encounter many such stiles in the following miles of our walk. Typically, they weren't stiles at all, but just a small gap in a hawthorn hedge, allowing narrow access to a four-foot fence, which had to be precariously scaled :( Crossing the first two obstacles, we eventually made it to the high-steepled church of Saint Barnabas, close to the old village of Weeton, which today is no more than a cluster of houses, with not so much as a pub or post office remaining.

FRjDIwy.jpg

l7CSAjZ.jpg

zLpPO7k.jpg

79GGGdi.jpg

After pausing for a short rest in the small churchyard, we continued on our journey in the hot sunshine, passing through Weeton, and what was once its school, and into a collection of stables. The path led us past large gardens, and through more fields, before it began to climb, with increasing steepness, uphill. We noted that a new fence had diverted the footpath from its original, more gentle, route.

B81RFSG.jpg

z0VqXUD.jpg

jtnfJeJ.jpg

A4H6s8v.jpg

DVUaWD7.jpg

KDcx0yk.jpg

CJrCbNU.jpg

At the summit of our walk, we enjoyed fine views of the surrounding countryside, before beginning the long descent back to Rougemont, where I lit my twig-stove again, and we had some ramen noodles and miso to replace the salt lost during our hill-climb.

Ll1FheM.jpg

4O1j9V1.jpg

After some more slingshot practice in the woods, we retraced our earlier steps along the banks of the Wharfe, and after another steep climb, found sanctuary in a pub, where that first pint didn't touch the sides! :D :thumbsup:

i7meGoz.jpg

MGmAgtq.jpg

399pNBE.jpg

SxaH3L8.jpg
Beautiful photos Jack, sounds (and looks) like you had a fantastic day! And you are right, nothing tastes better after a long walk than a great beer!😎👍

Back