Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Cracking country isn't it. Hope you had a nice weekend. :thumbsup:

Z2ifPhC.jpg

BUHAfB0.jpg

CdGv73X.jpg
Just incredible David, I do miss being able to get out to the Peak District easily. Some of the folks who came to my mate's party have never been there before, and were absolutely awe-struck :cool: That's pretty amazing too mate, great pics :cool: :thumbsup:
Looking good Jer :) :thumbsup:
Safe travels Jack. Hope your trip was enjoyable.

Good morning Guardians. Sunday, here in NC is starting of a bit dismal. Rain in the forecast but we really need it. Despite the weatherman I am still irrigating my lawn. Yesterday I put my HHB to work cutting up cardboard and pruning some shrubs too. It is so nice working with a sharp blade.
View attachment 1824989
Thanks Bill, glad you're enjoying using your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:
Here in central Texas we had a cold front move through. It was 100 yesterday afternoon and itā€™s low 60ā€™s this morning. A real relief. Canā€™t wait to take a long walk later and enjoy it. View attachment 1824995
That's quite a temperature difference Pete! :eek: Hope you have a great walk :) Cool pic of your K'roo Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
Glad you had a nice time Jack, have a safe trip home. šŸ˜Š

View attachment 1825030
Thank you very much Todd, nice pic there :) :thumbsup:
Safe Travels Home, my friend. šŸ¤ :thumbsup:
Many thanks John :) :thumbsup:
Have a safe trip home Jack. I've always loved those double-decker buses you have over there. Only seen them in pictures.

Have a peaceful Sunday Guardians.

That's an old block of Osage behind the lamb.View attachment 1825097
Thanks Dwight, the double-deckers really come into their own in rural areas, but they are used less and less there, so I was lucky today. That bus used to stop right outside my childhood home, when buses out to the beautiful Peak District were several times an hour, and a kid could travel anywhere for two pence :) I passed the house where I grew up, on the bus, today :thumbsup:

img_75_1.jpg

That's a fabulous Lambsfoot my friend :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Great-looking Lamb :) :thumbsup:
I'm going with the Horn Big 'Un today for my hike with my Wife and Bluey (my dog)...
Excellent choice John, I hope you have a lovely walk buddy :) :thumbsup:
Scenic delight. Have a good return.

Images intrigue, Details?

May all of you enjoy your little slice of Heaven.

Good Morning Guardians
Thanks Harvey, love that pic! :D :cool: :thumbsup:
Todayā€™s Lambsfoot šŸ˜ƒ.
View attachment 1825144
A crimson king! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the kind words and good wishes Guardians :) I had a great weekend, but I'm absolutely shattered, so please excuse me for not having edited my pics yet, I'm falling asleep at my keyboard! :D I think a hot bath and an early night will do my good :) Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone :thumbsup:

Here's my Hartshead Barlow outside Castleton's 12th century church, St Edmunds :thumbsup:

07UXPSC.jpg

uTNIyT1.jpg

Thanks Dwight, the double-deckers really come into their own in rural areas, but they are used less and less there, so I was lucky today. That bus used to stop right outside my childhood home, when buses out to the beautiful Peak District were several times an hour, and a kid could travel anywhere for two pence :) I passed the house where I grew up, on the bus, today
Magnificent scenery Jack! Very cool that you went right by your old home riding in the same ole bus. Those buses are beautiful. How they manage to keep them in good condition is amazing, especially driving on the wrong side of the road... šŸ™ƒ

Thanks Jack. Try to catch some REM time.
Thank you Harvey, I hope I can. I used to be able to sleep anywhere, but these days I don't sleep well when I'm not in my own bed. I also now have a meeting tomorrow morning, one at lunch, and then I'm meeting up with a pal who has flown in from Poland. It'll be great to see him, but I wish he'd come a different week! šŸ˜šŸ‘
Thank you, Jack. :)
It was a very quick hike today, but we forced ourselves to squeeze it in when we could.
Good for you my friend :) :thumbsup:
Looks lovely, Jack, but that bus better be careful driving on the wrong side of the road like that! ;)
Yeah, but who's going to argue with a bus?! šŸ¤£šŸ‘
Magnificent scenery Jack! Very cool that you went right by your old home riding in the same ole bus. Those buses are beautiful. How they manage to keep them in good condition is amazing, especially driving on the wrong side of the road... šŸ™ƒ
Thanks Dwight, that area sure has changed a lot since I was a kid šŸ˜³ LOL! You'd think it was even more amazing if you knew some of the bus-drivers I do! šŸ˜±šŸ¤£šŸ‘

Looks lovely, Jack, but that bus better be careful driving on the wrong side of the road like that! ;)

Yeah, but who's going to argue with a bus?! šŸ¤£šŸ‘

Hey, at least that road has two sides! šŸ˜ We drove on some roads in Dorset on our way down to the coast that were slightly wider than one carā€™s width, with tall hedges on either side. Every now and then thereā€™d be a space just wide enough for two cars to pass, so if you came across someone driving the other direction, one of you might have to back up to one of these passing areas to get around each other.

I hope it's not confusing for me to reply to these posts from Friday and Saturday šŸ‘

Great pic David, nice lunch :) ;) :thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
I'm getting a late start posting pictures today
It's starting finals week next week for my Seniors, they have to get done a week early, so it's already been a busy morning for me.
I was hoping for a late start tomorrow! šŸ˜ Sounds like a busy time John, I hope everything goes well. That's a cool pic šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘
The G19 could be compared to a lamb. Always ready to do the cutting, as neededā€¦View attachment 1823625
šŸ˜šŸ‘
Sounds like youā€™re having a good weekend so far, Jack. :thumbsup: I was on Instagram earlier today and saw this post from Nick Frost (you know, from those movies that always seems to come up in the conversation here šŸ˜‰). I thought you'd appreciate the tiny bottle of Hendersonā€™s featured in the photo. šŸ˜

C0xii1C.jpg
I enjoyed it thanks Barrett :) What a great Yorkshire slice of fried gold! šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜šŸ‘
Nice edge Vince šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘
Good evening Guardians! Been sitting outside enjoying the mild weather this evening. Was watching three Mississippi Kites fly around the neighborhood.

View attachment 1823745View attachment 1823747View attachment 1823748
Wow, great pics šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘
Thank you Jack. Youā€™re off to a fine start. Cheers!
Thanks Harvey šŸ™‚šŸ‘
Hope your day goes well too, Jack. Your HHB is looking very nice.

Good morning Guardians. Had the HVAC guy out to the house yesterday to give it a shot of refrigerant. Our AC wasn't keeping up with 97 degree F temps. Still on warranty, thank goodness. The serviceman was very accommodating and also put in some dye to see if we are leaking freon and where. I have my HHB with me again. This may be a recycled photo - not sure.

View attachment 1823981
Thanks a lot Bill :) That sounds like good service :) If that pic is recycled, I'd say it's well worth recycling šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘
Great picture, Jack. šŸ¤  :thumbsup:
Hope your day is filled with fun activities.
Thanks buddy, it was nice to catch up with old friends, and make a few new ones šŸ‘
Fussy background in low light: don't try this at home!
ApSowiZ.jpg

I sense from its greenish overcast that this chessboard is from the seventies.
LOL šŸ˜ Think my dad had one like that in the 70's Jer šŸ˜šŸ‘
Good Morning Guardians and Happy Saturday
Going to lay low and relax this weekend. I need a re-charge before finals start next week.
I'm trying to spread the love around a bit, so I'll be carrying my Charlie Lamb today.
I hope you got to put your feet up John, sounds like a busy week ahead. Patina is looking good on your Charlie Lamb šŸ˜ŽšŸ™‚šŸ‘
Looks like you're having a good time Jack. Enjoy yourself and have a pint for me.

Have a great Saturday Guardians.View attachment 1824091
Many thanks Dwight, there were some great beers there, I wish you could have joined me šŸ™‚ Superb photo of that gorgeous knife šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘
Good morning Guardians from Baghdad By The Bay! Yew have to like this one! šŸ˜œ
View attachment 1824156
I always admire those covers, beautiful šŸ˜ŽšŸ™‚šŸ‘
Cheers Jack.

Almost at the finish line, John. You and the Charlie Lambfoot are looking good for an ez weekend.

Sweet from all angles, Dwight.

Those covers look great, Dan.

Good Morning Guardians

That's a clever photo Harvey šŸ˜ŽšŸ™‚šŸ‘
Very appealing Joshua šŸ™‚šŸ‘
Hartshead is looking good, Jack. Hope you are enjoying your trip :thumbsup:

Absolutely beautiful šŸ˜
What is the cover material?

Love the proportions on the Waynorth lambsfoot. Looking great, that one has aged nicely :thumbsup:
Thanks Greg šŸ™‚šŸ‘
Afternoon Guardians. Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. Been a great here so farā€¦
View attachment 1824593
View attachment 1824597
Great pics buddy, looks like you had a great weekend šŸ™‚šŸ‘
Good evening Guardian. Took the Day to unwind and had a nice healthy lunch. View attachment 1824619
That looks very tasty Pete, I must seek out some healthy food this week, after my beer and pizza fuelled weekend! šŸ˜šŸ‘

Hey, at least that road has two sides! šŸ˜ We drove on some roads in Dorset on our way down to the coast that were slightly wider than one carā€™s width, with tall hedges on either side. Every now and then thereā€™d be a space just wide enough for two cars to pass, so if you came across someone driving the other direction, one of you might have to back up to one of these passing areas to get around each other.
I remember your story about them Barrett! šŸ˜± There are lots of narrow country roads here. At least there are hedges at the sides, rather than sheer drops, like in some of the countries I've visited, where they drive round blind corners, at speed, with one hand on the horn! šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜±

Good evening, Guardians.
I spent a few days backpacking this week, and the only knife I took along was my 2018 Guardianā€™s Lambsfoot. Though I didnā€™t get many action shots, it came in handy several times throughout the trip (meals, fire prep after a rainy day, putzing around, etc.), and was all I needed for this trip.

I did manage to grab a few shots, though Iā€™ll have to get more ā€œin useā€ shots next time out.

Sunrise around a lake
F395BE6E-9DAA-4AB6-B6DA-F1B36BD7E2D7.jpeg

0830A53F-9EF0-4A7A-8127-B775095B5072.jpeg

Eastern Newts abound on the trail
773F5EF6-D296-48E4-B760-0C1BE6D705E3.jpeg
CDC53169-3898-4562-9C6B-052067308CE8.jpeg

UFO?
67D4C37D-7880-4B12-85DA-2D5C9278461D.jpeg

Good evening, Guardians.
I spent a few days backpacking this week, and the only knife I took along was my 2018 Guardianā€™s Lambsfoot. Though I didnā€™t get many action shots, it came in handy several times throughout the trip (meals, fire prep after a rainy day, putzing around, etc.), and was all I needed for this trip.

I did manage to grab a few shots, though Iā€™ll have to get more ā€œin useā€ shots next time out.

Sunrise around a lake
View attachment 1825679

View attachment 1825684

Eastern Newts abound on the trail
View attachment 1825681
View attachment 1825682

UFO?
View attachment 1825683
Fantastic pics Mike, glad you had a great time šŸ˜ŽšŸ™‚šŸ‘

Thanks for all the kind words, my friend... It's good to have you back. šŸ¤  :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. Welcome back from your trip.

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I slept like a log, but STILL feel tired! That's Old Age I guess! :D Plenty of running around for me today, and then I have to go and drink some beer with my pal who's over from Poland, who drinks like a fish :eek: ;) Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start :) I'm starting mine with my Hartshead Barlow ;) :thumbsup:

buh7rbq.jpg

Back