Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks you, good sir.
What is that you are working on in the picture?
John, it's for a bow plate. It goes on the tip of a violin bow to help shape and hold the horse hair of the violin' bow. As seen in this picture the bow on the bottom is complete with hair and shows a plate of ivory. I don't have ivory so am using brass. They are available commercially, but I like to tinker, so I'm attempting this. No, I don't play the violin, this was in a thrift store for very little. I thought it would be a good wall hanger. MY best friend is a string player and has offered lesson.:thumbsup:
IMG_1051.JPG

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you and Thank you for your vision.

Pt-Luso Pt-Luso Thank you José. Your images show how beautiful your country is.

@Ramrodmb Thank you Mark. Your beautiful Lamb looks ready for action.

Fodderwing Fodderwing I suspect your D Lamb would look wonderful in any environment.

@scrteened porch That’s how I take my vitamins.:)

pjsjr pjsjr Thank you. Can’t wait to see them. Soon, I hope. May your injury heal quickly.

@dc50 Dave, Your AC, with or with out the painterly backdrop or the Damascus, is gorgeous, and more than proudly holds its’ own.
Thanks Harvey, it's doing well:thumbsup::)
A little time in the sun today! :D

33716411558_3b4edd0e76_b_d.jpg

33716411468_717745a913_b_d.jpg
Oh yes, sunshine and Ironwood = beauty!
These two patiently waiting...me not so much!
grb94i0.jpg
Same here...but those two are very nice companions to wait with!
Haven't posted here in a while but this is what my lambsfoot is looking like as of now! I love the way it's aging and showing it's patina, also this thing can really work.
View attachment 1109197 View attachment 1109198
Glad you're getting to use the big'n, Ty. They do work and age well.

GOOD MORNING, Guardians, and a Happy Friday to ALL!
Question for the day- "When Jack Black wears slacks, what kind of slacks does Jack Black wear?"
Answer below.

View attachment 1109068

LOL! :D

Sorry buddy, I completely missed your post before (and Vince's above it), I think I was editing the 'class photo' ;)

Nice artwork, too, but the dialogue? Today's writers should take lessons from Stan Lee! ;)
That's the truth, Vince. I'm just afraid that it reflects the way of the world these days. Now I know why all those old men used to say, "Dang Kids"!!!

It goes on the tip of a violin bow to help shape and hold the horse hair of the violin' bow. As seen in this picture the bow on the bottom is complete with hair and shows a plate of ivory. I don't have ivory so am using brass. They are available commercially, but I like to tinker, so I'm attempting this. No, I don't play the violin, this was in a thrift store for very little. I thought it would be a good wall hanger.
You are very handy then (Mr. Fixit).
I always wanted to play an instrument, just never had the patience for it.

Just getting my kit together to go out for a hike tomorrow :) Going to be heading a few miles further north to Skipton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skipton). There are some nice woods there, and hopefully the bluebells will be out :) Going to take Lucy and the new guy with me, hopefully get a few pics ;) :thumbsup:

wrk6IgG.jpg

EaXWytI.jpg
It looks like a great place to visit. Just took a virtual stroll. Can’t wait to hear and see your account. Have a wonderful time.

It looks like a great place to visit. Just took a virtual stroll. Can’t wait to hear and see your account. Have a wonderful time.

It's a nice market town Harvey, a few antique shops, and surrounded by some great countryside. The last time I was there, we walked along the canal from Gargrave on a gloriously hot Summer's day :) I had my wee staggy with me :thumbsup:

QNE3fTn.jpg

It's a nice market town Harvey, a few antique shops, and surrounded by some great countryside. The last time I was there, we walked along the canal from Gargrave on a gloriously hot Summer's day :) I had my wee staggy with me :thumbsup:

QNE3fTn.jpg
For a Yank who has never been there before, it was like an historical Disney Land. Don’t ask me why, (it had nothing to do with the town), but an old XTC song started playing in my head.

What a great looking knife, Dwight, bet it just begs you to take it out and take pictures! Have a great day
Thanks Preston. It has stolen first place.

Just in case anyone feels like playing 'Spot the Damascus Lambsfoot ;) :thumbsup:

foL0m71.jpg
Top right Jack. :)

With all the new Damascus models my little AC is a wee bit shy :)
View attachment 1109066
Your wee AC is a knockout Dave.

Fodderwing Fodderwing I suspect your D Lamb would look wonderful in any environment
I agree Harvey. I am smitten.

A little time in the sun today! :D

33716411558_3b4edd0e76_b_d.jpg

33716411468_717745a913_b_d.jpg
An Ironwood Siren. Swoon maker.

Haven't posted here in a while but this is what my lambsfoot is looking like as of now! I love the way it's aging and showing it's patina, also this thing can really work.
View attachment 1109197 View attachment 1109198
It's lookin good Ty

QNE3fTn.jpg
Great photo Jack.

Many thanks for the attention Dwight.
Your new Sambar stag damascus is stunning!
Thank you José. Much obliged.

IMG_1434.jpg

Back