Guardless Warthog Pre-Order Work in Progress

Great handle choices everyone!

I'm curious to hear more about the special handle on #5.

I've been loving my Warthog. If I didn't have that one coming I would have absolutely jumped in on this party. Waiting for the next model!

Some fine looking knives. From the purple "Hulk" to my favorite ODs, there is nothing not to like here. The thin lime on white under black micarta came out pretty cool and almost appears to be glowing.
And I assumed the purple and green was for The Joker but could be Hulk as well.

Badass batch of knives Chris. :thumbsup:

For everyone who ordered one with one of my sheaths, thank you. Me & Chris have been talking about more doing joint endeavors with our work and I'm excited to see what's coming next. If you didn't buy a sheath because you didn't like the pattern or want more sheath options with one of Chris' Guardless Warthogs, I do have a variety of patterns for it. You're welcome to PM here, email (joufuu/yahoo.com), or thru Instagram (@jou_fuu).

Bud

So you know/assume it’s in the upper range (60-62 HRC)?

Mmm, I'd say its on-par with the average CPM154 around 59-60. But Chris' CPM154 edges seem to hold better than either a fullsize Grip or Mini Grip in CPM154 in my use and opinion. I think he's got the process down pretty well.

I thought someone maybe at Fiddleback Forge had a hardness tester?? Maybe Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool could check his stuff out on there just for general knowledge?

Last edited:
Thanks!

Just to be clear, this is in no way a concern. Merely geeking out a little while I monitor the package as it makes its way north :)

Sorry guys I intended on getting online last night and responding to these posts but I had some bad food or something last night and have been worshipping the porcelain throne since last night. :confused::confused:
Hopefully I will be feeling better a little later and can reply and share my thoughts on the pre-order. At the moment my mind is occupied with the feeling of being punched in the gut with the feeling of a bad hangover.

On a good note as most of you are aware the Warthogs are enroute, I will be in bed catching up on the chatter until I can pull myself in front of the computer.

I can sympathize as well. We took a 12 hour drive over the holidays from Michigan to South Carolina. Spent the last 4 hours of the drive sicker than a dog but still had to finish the drive. Spent the entire trip basically in bed. Finally felt better the day before we came home. LOL Get as much rest as possible. Feel better Chris.

Back