Gun Picture Thread

That’s really cool Dave. Not just the revolver. That Hermann Heiser holster is sweet. Looks to be in nice condition for its age.
https://www.vintagegunleather.com/company-marks/hhheiser_history.html
Yeah I'd found that article and it was their link at the top on makers marks that I used to date the holster. It really is in good condition. I like their slogan at the the bottom of the article. "No man ever lived long enough to wear out a Heiser holster." Something for you in your neck of the woods. No providence, just verbal but the revolver and holster belonged to a Tx Ranger that worked along the border in the early days of the 20th century, (there is a matching caliber 1892 half mag carbine too that a friend of mine has). As a old man he sold the set to a younger Ranger that used them for a long time too. Again no providence but a great story.

Last edited:
New gen 5 G17! Haven't owned a Glock in many years, so decided to give it another run.

6CUdaP1.jpg

I love old Colts (and new Colts, for that matter). And I love the new Gen 5 Glocks. The trigger on these are much better, IMO. Even without work.

SObg4Z6.jpg

The wife made this holster for her Sig 365 bout 2.5 years ago. She's worn it almost daily since and is pleased with how its holding up. It has a water buffalo overlay. While at the ranch had to shoot some ground squirrels. Her Henry .22:

yRQgeU6.jpg

It's a great shooter. The trigger is much better than the gen 3s and gen 4s. It's actually perfect! Except for the junk sights, which I have replaced with some Trijicons.

That's great. I really like my 17, 45, and 34. I just prefer the full size grip overall.

I typically run Ameriglo but also have some Taran Tactical fiber optics. The 34 I just picked up had Trijicons on it so I'm testing them out.

That's great. I really like my 17, 45, and 34. I just prefer the full size grip overall.

I typically run Ameriglo but also have some Taran Tactical fiber optics. The 34 I just picked up had Trijicons on it so I'm testing them out.
I got the bright and tough sights. I like the white ring around the tritium. They double as great daytime AND low light shooting sights.

I run almost exclusively Ameriglo. I used to be a Trijicon fan, but I decided I don't like the three dots. So mine either have one rear and one front, or just a front with a black rear sight. All of my Ameriglos have either the red or fluorescent green donut around the tritium in front.

At this point, though, my eyes have gotten bad enough that I have modified everything to take a red-dot. That gets expensive.... but necessary. All RMRs so far, but I'm thinking about Holosun, with the new ACSS reticle.

My first shotgun. I used to take the locks in my house apart and my father's drills. 12 years old he grabbed this out the attic and said fix that. I've shot thousands of rounds through her. Maybe a decade ago the stock got to cracked to use so it was a wall hanger. Bought her some new furniture (forearm was cracked also) finished cutting down the already cut down barrel and gave it a major tune up. Old reliable sits next to the bed now.

Back