Gun Picture Thread

Feels pretty dang good on the AK version too!

ftz3mx.jpg

I've heard really good things about the Lok grips, thinking about getting a set for my wife's compact, are they thinner than the factory grips? That's what she needs, she's got tiny hands.

I'm just the opposite, I use the Hogue wraparound rubber grips on my Tanfo, i've got XL hands and the Hogue's fill my hand nicely.

I've heard really good things about the Lok grips, thinking about getting a set for my wife's compact, are they thinner than the factory grips? That's what she needs, she's got tiny hands.

I'm just the opposite, I use the Hogue wraparound rubber grips on my Tanfo, i've got XL hands and the Hogue's fill my hand nicely.
They make 3 different thickness and multiple grits of traction. The medium grips are going to most closely resemble the thickness of your factory CZ grips. Palm swell will be a little fatter and thin grips will be a little thinner. The Bogey texture are a little too grippy to me, they rubbed my ribs raw after carrying for a day. I went with the Roughneck texture, which is perfect for my grip.

As Jonny stated above they offer some different ticknesses and textures.
Screenshot-20240517-173042-Chrome.jpg

and textures explained ...

Screenshot-20240517-173341-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240517-173347-Chrome.jpg

For carry I like the Crosscut or Full Checked. They give a good grip without catching on clothing like some of their more aggresive grips.

Thanks guys, those thin grips may be just the ticket for her pistol. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack a pic thread, throwin' up a couple gratuitous pics of my muttest of mutts, the good ol' parts-box guns, all the random stuff that wasn't quite right for nicer rifles, lol.

42icvt.jpg

yggiwv.jpg

I built this one from mostly spare parts too.

LOl9ptx.jpeg

Niiiiice! I've been using those same Magpul K2 grips since they came out, been pretty content with 'em, but the Driven SCG is just really making me happy the more I mess with 'em, just got an e-mail from them and they've made some changes to the AK version and want to send me out the new model to test, totally stoked about that.

Barrel, trigger, and optic are what matters most on an AR. Everything else is personal preference!

Barrel, trigger, and optic are what matters most on an AR. Everything else is personal preference!

Indeed, everything i've posted in this thread has a CHF chrome-lined barrel. 😎 I may be cheap, but the barrel is not the place to go bargain-basement!

I need to get out and shoot my rifles agsin. I’ve been shooting strictly handguns for the last year or so.

Went to the range with my son again today, and picked up my P365XL as well. We shot both, and the S&W 360PD. The XL is very accurate and comfortable, but I am loosing grip strength and finding it hard to rack the slide with 12 rounds in the magazine. I'm definitely going to have to work on that!

We shot about 50 rounds per target, so it wasn't worth taking any pics of them once we thought of it. The P365XL takes up about as much pocket space as a Scandium 357 J-frame with extended laser grips, but shooting 124 grain +P 9mm DoubleTap at the same velocity as a 125 grain .357 from a 2" barrel Scandium was more comfortable and controllable than .357.

I also shot my 5 year old CCW P365 with the shorter grip and green Lima Laser, which has the manual safety added. I stacked the P365XL and the Model 360PD on each other for size comparison picture (iPhone lens distortion didn't help). Yes, I have three P365 for some reason - a 5 yr old OG with laser and safety, a newer Zen Zev Z365 with Sig light and Holosun 407K optic, and now the stock P365XL. My son has a matching P365 to my OG from when he turned 21 years old.

CUubK1k.jpeg

qjY5JAo.jpeg

I have plenty of 12-15 round mags that will fit all of them - it's just that my OG 10 rounders that wont fit the XL. I also got threaded barrels for all of my P365, in case I want to use them with my AAC suppressor - these will be tested out later, after I first confirm all of my magazines are functioning properly.

The Mag Guts 10-round to 12-round conversion kits worked flawlessly, so I may change up all the 12-round Stock OG Sig mags from 5 years ago to also work in the XL, which means getting a new baseplate and removing the spacer. Those parts come in the box with the current 12 rounders, but before the XL came out Sig didn't have a way to remove the spacer and cover the exposed base of the 12 round mags (see pic of Zev 365 with the 12 round mag and spacer inserted).

Lifepod 1 with Zev P365 with light and Red Dot sight
vnRq4WT.jpeg

Also, I'm liking my new Vaultek Lifepod 2 portable biometric safe too, which will come in handy as CO passed a new law requiring to lock up a firearm if we have to leave it in our car for some reason. I also have the smaller Lifepod 1 Sig Edition. Sometimes I carry the Model 340 and leave the OG Sig P365 locked up in the car, with the Zev 365 locked up at home. If I had to also lock up the Model 340 in the car while out and about (like at a sports game or concert) I now have room for both, while my old one was too small.

Lifepod 2 with OG P365 - after the pic I flipped the one magazine around, so the ammo doesn't rub on the other magazine.
0ggdvHJ.jpeg

MGb5xGr.jpeg

Lifepod 2 with Zev P365 light and optic + S&W Model 340 and ammo
18bNsxB.jpeg

R3Y78QM.jpeg

Last edited:
loosing grip strength and finding it hard to rack the slide with 12 rounds in the magazine
You can buy gizmos to help with that, at least for initial loading of the gun.
Otherwise when you are trying to rack the slide you use your strongest hand on the slide and your weakest hand on the grip. If you are trying to lock the slide open and you can't manipulate the slide stop while pulling the slide back then just put an empty magazine in the gun and let it operate the slide stop.

You can buy gizmos to help with that, at least for initial loading of the gun.
Otherwise when you are trying to rack the slide you use your strongest hand on the slide and your weakest hand on the grip. If you are trying to lock the slide open and you can't manipulate the slide stop while pulling the slide back then just put an empty magazine in the gun and let it operate the slide stop.

Hahah, that's how I got my right hand pinched in the ejection port - I had to try racking the slide overhand with my right hand and got it done, but got pinched at the same time.

I can rack the slide with no magazine no problem, so I filled the magazine, pulled the slide back before inserting the magazine, inserted the mag and released the slide to chamber a round, dropped the magazine, and then loaded another round on the top for the remainder of the practice session.

4FhWDwT.jpeg

Okay, so I follow this thread and I got notification that 91bravo had posted so I clicked....

Picture up, wife walks in behind me and looks.

Her: "Ooh, there's a dick pic thread on Bladeforums?"
me: *sigh, facepalm* "It's a picture of his gun"
her: "I can SEE that!"
me: "go away"
her: "Can I hit the like button on that post?"
me: "HELL NO"
her: "Pshaw, men are weird, women compliment each other all the time"
me: "If you want your car fixed today you will quit fucking with me and do something useful, like making me a sammich"
her: "How about a nice big sausage on a bun?"
me: "BEGONE DEVIL WOMAN, GO NOW"

Okay, so I follow this thread and I got notification that 91bravo had posted so I clicked....

me: "If you want your car fixed today you will quit fucking with me and do something useful, like making me a sammich"
M wife is just as hardcore about her shooting skills as I am!

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen on BladeForums, Gaaaack! 😂

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen on BladeForums, Gaaaack! 😂

I dunno, maybe we're on to something here, might be a way to increase the female interest in our forum, we do have all the hot babe threads for us guys after all...

The crotch-gun-selfie thread.

Okay i'm in, gotta run fetch my pistol and stop by the sock drawer real quick, brb. 😏

Back