Gun Picture Thread

12 inch barrel

P1000213.JPG

A M-66 in the rare 3" barrel length. Bought this a dozen years back at a local gun show marked as a 2 1/2" gun when in reality it was a three. It had been beat up finish wise, but was mechanically fine. So I disassembled and gently bead blasted it. Took care of the scratches and imparted a nice matte, egg shell finish. Pretty much the better barrel length for a carry gun. The slightly longer barrel length vs a 2.5" allows for a longer ejector rod so one gets a full ejection of mag cases , unlike the shorter 2.5" rod.

Three of the S&W 1000 series, 10mm autos. No longer produced. All steel, built like the proverbial Tank.
Sadly magazines are tough to find as no one short of Smith ever produced them.

NOT the right photo...unable to delete thread. Sorry

What I do is just edit the post, remove everything and then type in oops. I'd still love t see the 10s and love the 66

After getting my Winchester 1866 and 1873 I really got interested in getting another lever gun. I initially intended to get a Marlin 1894 but unfortunately I wanted one which was no longer being made. I actually found a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Octagon in 24inch on Gunbroker but was outbid. I just didn't want to go any higher and I didn't want the shorter rifle currently being sold. However since I fell in Luv with the idea of getting a 45LC decided to get another 1873 instead.

Well anyway here is the Winchester I decided to get instead.

Winchester 1873 Sporter OctagonLever 45 Colt 24"

The small collection is growing.

I almost got one of those Marlin 1894s at the gun show last weekend. I almost got the Marlin 1895 in Cowboy configuration, but I just couldn't rationalize spending the $900 on it; not at this point in time. I had to go with something more utilitarian instead.

The current production Marlins are well done. Bought a new Trapper recently, and the fit and finish is very good.

The current production Marlins are well done. Bought a new Trapper recently, and the fit and finish is very good.
Remington makes them now they get bad reviews by the gun community they call them Remlins. I guess they stepped their game up.

After getting my Winchester 1866 and 1873 I really got interested in getting another lever gun. I initially intended to get a Marlin 1894 but unfortunately I wanted one which was no longer being made. I actually found a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Octagon in 24inch on Gunbroker but was outbid. I just didn't want to go any higher and I didn't want the shorter rifle currently being sold. However since I fell in Luv with the idea of getting a 45LC decided to get another 1873 instead.

Well anyway here is the Winchester I decided to get instead.

Winchester 1873 Sporter OctagonLever 45 Colt 24"

The small collection is growing.

Aw heck all them saddle guns. Ya gonna have to have me make saddle scabbards for em now!

Marlin Guide gun (pre Remington) in .45-70 in a rough out scabbard.

sb0dDDa.jpg

Same Marlin in a roughout with Carlos border tooling.

aXSXnWp.jpg

Marlin 1894 (pre Remington) in .45 Colt. Smooth out scabbard with Carlos Border stamping.

WYI0W5Y.jpg

Henry in .22 mag. Double border. This one was made for a lefty.

eVUASx9.jpg

Smoothout scabbard with basket stamping. Henry Original Henry in .44-40.

XDPMhUV.jpg

Same scabbard and rifle but in roughout.

ekckOil.jpg

I'd wanted a CZ 452 FS for awhile, never spent enough time searching. I finally settled for a 455 FS in 22LR, which is also discontinued. Came in last week, as soon as we get a nice day I'll get it out to the range.

large.jpg

Great little rifle. I had one for a few years and used it almost exclusively to pop squirrels around the house then. The machining is a bit rough per reports I read. But it was easy to correct by simply dry cycling the bolt a few hundred times while watching TV. I put a ghost ring sight on it and couldn’t be happier. I gave it to a friend when I moved back to the City. I’ll get another when we build a house upstate. (If the freaking market ever gets back up.)

Aw heck all them saddle guns. Ya gonna have to have me make saddle scabbards for em now!

Marlin Guide gun (pre Remington) in .45-70 in a rough out scabbard.

sb0dDDa.jpg

Same Marlin in a roughout with Carlos border tooling.

aXSXnWp.jpg

Marlin 1894 (pre Remington) in .45 Colt. Smooth out scabbard with Carlos Border stamping.

WYI0W5Y.jpg

Henry in .22 mag. Double border. This one was made for a lefty.

eVUASx9.jpg

Smoothout scabbard with basket stamping. Henry Original Henry in .44-40.

XDPMhUV.jpg

Same scabbard and rifle but in roughout.

ekckOil.jpg

Very nice!!!

I've given a lot of thought to getting one of those Original Henrys one day. I do worry about that barrel getting a bit to warm however.

Back