Gym knives

LOL
I do not carry a knife to the gym. :confused: I pack something light while running outside though. ;)

Last edited:
i feel the original spyderco native was a great knife for the gym and was my main gym knife for many years, it is light but reliable and the frn handles allowed it to slip in and out of my gym pants easily

Ya think carrying a knife at the gym is weird?
How about NOT being allowed to carry a wallet at work?
That the newest idiotic rule they've implemented. :confused:

No pens, paper, phones, or wallets.

So yeah, I've given up expecting things to make sense. :rolleyes:

As i went through this thread, thought i didn’t carry a knife to the gym, then remembered that i always have the SAK classic sd with my keys.

First off, I've never needed a knife in the gym...if I really needed one I'd have a fixed blade and not be wearing gym shorts...or find a new gym.

But, I think the spyderco salt 2 would be perfect: big enough, rust proof, and featherweight.

Stabman, I need to ask: where do you work/what do yo exactly do for life?:eek::eek:

Lately, been working a boring tech support job, over the phone, in an office setting.
My bosses seem to think it's more valuable than developing new star-ship drives or something, given how worried they are that we'll write down and sell "secrets."

I guess it makes them feel more special though or something. :D

Lately, been working a boring tech support job, over the phone, in an office setting.
My bosses seem to think it's more valuable than developing new star-ship drives or something, given how worried they are that we'll write down and sell "secrets."

I guess it makes them feel more special though or something. :D

I bet that just mentioning it here will get you in trouble. Beware, next thing could be to lobotomize all staff to prevent you from memorizing those things that you currently cannot write/record/photograph! :D:D

I bet that just mentioning it here will get you in trouble. Beware, next thing could be to lobotomize all staff to prevent you from memorizing those things that you currently cannot write/record/photograph! :D:D

I'm waiting for them to require us to be sufficiently drunk or stoned enough when reporting for work that we cannot remember any secrets.
Mandatory enforced intoxication breaks to ensure lack of post-work memory. ;)

I take what ever knife I'm using for the day to the gym. Today it was a Police 4 k390.

Usually it's a chaparral. I'm usually in and out within a half hour. Snap fitness is great because they have a key card, and it's open 24/7.

I leave my firearm home, we Have several LEOs working out a lot so I don't really need to carry a firearm there. I appendix carry, that would be annoying to carry while working out.

I take approximately 12 deep breaths between sets. Sometimes if I don't feel like working out I'll superset. I need to get a good protein for post workout. I like GNCs protein powder, they do cost a lot more than some, but seems to work well for me.

I know that it’s been mentioned multiple times already but the dragonfly 2 salt is the ultimate hymn knife. It clips perfectly inside the waste and of gym shorts and will never rust. I haven’t found one better. If you are just throwing a knife in a gym bag that take whatever you want but actual workout carry dragonfly 2 all day.

I know that it’s been mentioned multiple times already but the dragonfly 2 salt is the ultimate hymn knife. It clips perfectly inside the waste and of gym shorts and will never rust. I haven’t found one better. If you are just throwing a knife in a gym bag that take whatever you want but actual workout carry dragonfly 2 all day.

And yea, we sing the praises for the Salt series, for we shall not fear as we pass through the Valley of Rust, the H1 is our comfort in the hour of need.

I take what ever knife I'm using for the day to the gym. Today it was a Police 4 k390.

Usually it's a chaparral. I'm usually in and out within a half hour. Snap fitness is great because they have a key card, and it's open 24/7.

I leave my firearm home, we Have several LEOs working out a lot so I don't really need to carry a firearm there. I appendix carry, that would be annoying to carry while working out.

I take approximately 12 deep breaths between sets. Sometimes if I don't feel like working out I'll superset. I need to get a good protein for post workout. I like GNCs protein powder, they do cost a lot more than some, but seems to work well for me.

I never warmed up to appendix carry but I can imagine. Having carried a bunch of different guns with a few different methods in all sorts of situations over the years; I think comfortable carry at the gym is a pipe dream. It's one step up from trying to carry a gun while swimming. I just don't bother. In either case, a small fixed blade is much more practical.

As far as protein powder goes, I really like "About Time". The name is a joke on the fact that commercial protein powders tend to be loaded with artificial ingredients. It tastes good and works well.

I love this thread. The last ten years I have been making purchases based around corrosion resistance, particularly for running with a small pocket knife. I do carry in the gym but not as much as I used to. Right now, I carry a Native Salt. Works great IWB with a pair of running shorts or
board shorts.

I also recommend a small Ti fixed blade, like a Mummert, if your looking for some more SD related.

BTW, for those that think carrying a knife to gym is crazy, I have seen some threads on CCW in gym shorts that make me scratch my head...

I prefer a Para 2 in Rex45. It's the only thing tough enough to carve text into 45lb plates. (Why do we need knives at the gym again? What's the best knife to shower with at home? Or to have on you while you're brushing your teeth?)

Not exaclty the gym but I carry a Syderco Pacific Salt SE or Tasman when running or cycling,
Light, slim and rustproof, any Salt series would do. Same set up for beach/boat, cant tell it's clipped to your shorts or swim trunks, rinse in shower-repeat.

Back