• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hacked Account

MikeKu825

"The Enthusiast"
Gold Member
💲shipped within 🇺🇸

Used but in great shape. Visible marks or “snail trails” as visible in the pics. Most notable sign of use is a minimal small mark near the spine of the blade. Great action and lock up.

Prefer to sell. Only trades considered would be to a specific GG Hawk MUDD Manual,

Attachments

• photo_2024-02-26_19-05-43.jpg
    photo_2024-02-26_19-05-43.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hopefully you didn't send funds, others did unfortunately.
I did not. I was waiting on him to answer some questions and it seemed sus anyway. Hopefully there's something that can be done for those who did.

well im going to be unloading some knives tomorrow to pay for my loss to this guy tonight

I sent $500 , sent F&F for the mnandi raindrop. Worthless piece of human garbage.

Damn John I’m sorry. He seemed fishy when I PM’d about that mnandi… after you bought it he tried to offer me other knives but wouldn’t send pics or any info.

Damn John I’m sorry. He seemed fishy when I PM’d about that mnandi… after you bought it he tried to offer me other knives but wouldn’t send pics or any info.
Yeah, I should’ve listened to my gut. There was 1 small red flag but I foolishly rushed trusting his history profile history (also not considering it could be a hacked account).

Once again, 100% my fault for sending F&F . That being said, I would like to suggest that we require timestamp pictures with any sale or trade item. What’s the downside?

Once again, 100% my fault for sending F&F . That being said, I would like to suggest that we require timestamp pictures with any sale or trade item. What’s the downside?

Is that hard to fake?

Downside is additional moderation and extra work on seller's parts to time stamp. How does one timestamp a photo from a cellphone? I've never done it.

I would rather pay PP fees. The F&F requirements by people has also been really good on my pocket book and impulse buys the last 2 years.

I do wonder if the hacked account was an old dormant account, purely based on low seller feedback and age. If so, maybe that's a trend?

Is that hard to fake?

Downside is additional moderation and extra work on seller's parts to time stamp. How does one timestamp a photo from a cellphone? I've never done it.

I would rather pay PP fees. The F&F requirements by people has also been really good on my pocket book and impulse buys the last 2 years.
You write your username, the date and the knife/item you’re selling on a piece of paper and take a picture of that with the knife. This shows the item is in the poster’s possession. I understand this isn’t foolproof but it is a way prevents scammers from stealing other people’s pictures and posting them as their own. Just another way to make it harder for scammers, not foolproof but it would only help, in my opinion. I don’t see the downside of writing your username, date and item on a piece of paper and including it with your other pictures when offering something for sale or trade.

There are some scammers good at photoshopping the paper timestamp/name now. Video is harder, so having the slip in the background while videoing the knife is another step up.

I do wonder if the hacked account was an old dormant account, purely based on low seller feedback and age. If so, maybe that's a trend?
The last post on the account, prior to the flurry of ads, was Sept 2020.

I looked at that bog oak Mnandi just before it was claimed. My PayPal account is long gone; so I give potential purchases extra consideration.

Last edited:
The last post on the account, prior to the flurry of ads, was Sept 2020
Great point. I don’t know why I was in such a hurry. I usually check someone’s history, posting history and even check out their stats. Just got ahead of myself. Couple lessons learned.

I don’t know why I was in such a hurry
Cause you wanted to snag it before the next guy? Totally reasonable. For many posts, no amount of research or “cooling off” would reveal the scam anyway.

Every account here with a reused password is a risk to the community and there’s no way to identify them. I say again: It’s 2FA time.

Back