1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Hand forged Persian style camp knife

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Joshua Fisher, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Joshua Fisher

Joshua Fisher KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 27, 2018
    FDB0A71B-17DB-4063-963C-4B0E1CA10630.jpeg 946E45AE-69F5-48F7-8E40-6CBA13ECE3D6.jpeg This knife was hand forged from 1084 steel. It has a rough brut de forge finish with a hand satin finish on the bevels. The blade was thermal cycled 3 times to produce a fine grain then hardened and tempered to 60-61 hrc. The blade is extremely sharp and meant to be a very effective slicing knife, with a slight recurve and upswept blade it has a distinct Persian look with a practical paracord wrap on the handle. The blade is 5” long and the hand is 4”. Available for $100 via PayPal G&S, shipping is included within the United States, international shipping adds $10 to the price. Feel free to ask any questions or message me if you are interested.

Allen207, buckfynn, DRM and 2 others like this.
  2. Joshua Fisher

Joshua Fisher KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 27, 2018
  3. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    that is a great price on a really sweet piece , should move fast .

Joshua Fisher likes this.
  4. Wicked Sharp

Wicked Sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2007
    That girl is SHARP. Nice technique. How thick is the blade stock?

5. Joshua Fisher

Mar 27, 2018
    Thank you for the compliments, the blade is roughly 1/8” thick at the spine.

6. Joshua Fisher

Mar 27, 2018
    This blade is still available if anyone is interested.

7. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    that is a cool knife at a great price , I am shocked it is still here .

8. Joshua Fisher

Mar 27, 2018
    I really appreciate the complement and encouragement, I’m sure this piece will find the right home and whoever does pick it up is going to have one sharp knife.

9. ONeill

Nov 15, 2007
    I think a Japanese handle wrap would move it in a heart beat .

10. Joshua Fisher

Mar 27, 2018
    That is a good suggestion, I personally really like Japanese handle wraps, I’ll have to order some traditional material and give it a try, I’ve done some wraps in paracord but think a wider material would give a better look.