Handle Requests & Suggestions

I can't get enough Bone. Oh wait that sounds wrong... :eek: I know of 3 bone handled Fiddlebacks. I have one and it is amazing!!

Burlap is may favorite synthetic and 2nd favorite handle.

Any of the woods are beautiful. I'm a bigger fan of stabilized because I really don't like scale shrinkage. Andy's handle are like silk and I hate the feel of the tang.

Seriously though, post a pic of that bone. We all need to see it!

Anything Shadetree. Figured Koa. Thin blue And white G10 liners over natural micarta. Really liking the Shadetree stuff. Cocobolo. Textured G10 would be cool too. A stacked leather BF with small bolsters would be super cool too. Box elder burl.

~The black micarta bolster and shadetree burlap handle combo was here and then gone way too soon. I loved seeing those. Some absolutely beautiful and functional pieces

~Some great synthetic materials out there. 'Juma' is one I'd love to see you guys take a crack at.

~that 'Thunderstorm Kevlar' looks pretty gnarly too. somewhere between burlap and G10

~how about some interesting glue ups for the liners and scales? The skill you guys have with handle shaping could lead to some REALLY cool blends:

Todd Hunt's Yuma (bottom knife). I like how Todd nests the ivory micarta into the green
REI4Nzg3MTg5ODdFREI2MUQyRDg6YTMxMGI2OWEzNGVkYzUwYjI2NWIyMTMzMDJmZDI0YTg=

Jared Oeser's MOAB. The orange stripe that connects the liners and breaks up the carbon fiber really gives this knife a cool look:
moab.png

Northcoast has a series in 'half and half' with some kind of ebony or abalone in the middle divider. I like the idea of a micarta / wood combo with some black canvas in the middle. Mosiac pins balance both sides
conwood2-lrg.jpg

I'd like stag on a tapered 5/32 KE Bushie to go with the antler crown ferro rod I made :)

Seriously though, post a pic of that bone. We all need to see it!

I'm not at home until the end of the week. I cropped this from a bad cell pic but it's still a beauty! Thick Black liners

f224c26b-00fb-4955-b03e-a10fa7c28837_zps3d00e8c6.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like stag on a tapered 5/32 KE Bushie to go with the antler crown ferro rod I made :)

Mist, Sambar stag is by far my favorite material, however, it has gotten so expensive that's not used nearly as much as it used to be. Finding slabs large enough is also a problem.

I'm not at home until the end of the week. I cropped this from a bad cell pic but it's still a beauty! Thick Black liners

51d4e389-7e05-44ed-8000-ee3d49bcbbba_zps142e9326.jpg

Holy crap .. why haven't yall been making more of these!?!?!? shuddup and take my money!!

I really want to see more tuxedo with a twist (black micarta over natural with a green stripe) or blackwood over natural with a green stripe. I'd love a Bushfinger with one of those handle combinations. I love the contrast of black over natural micarta.

I also really like the new double bolsters you guys have been doing. I hope to see some of the bolstered models with contrasting pin colors. Natural pins in the dark bolster and black pins in the lighter handle material and vice versa.

Mist, Sambar stag is by far my favorite material, however, it has gotten so expensive that's not used nearly as much as it used to be. Finding slabs large enough is also a problem.

I'd trade several of the knives I own for a Fiddleback Shank with nickle silver bolsters and Sambar stag :)

Wow . I am happy and humbled by the comments and support for our product. It is satisfying enough to work with Andy and folks like him, so this is a nice bonus.

Thank you!

Todd and Dylan

I'd trade several of the knives I own for a Fiddleback Shank with nickle silver bolsters and Sambar stag :)

I like where you're going with this. Metal bolsters are classic. I've even seen copper furniture that looks really great on fixed blades.

Last edited:
Great thread Ken! I like it...

My humble opinions:

•Stag with natural canvas liners & blaze orange pinstripe
•Maroon linen micarta with natural canvas bolsters & liners (love the contrast!)
•Always love to see the ol' school maroon linen micarta setup with natural canvas liners & white pinstripe!
•Orange burlap with black micarta bolsters & liners
•Green burlap with black liners & white pinstripe
•Drunken burlap with natural canvas liners & white pinstripe
•Drunken burlap with natural canvas bolsters & liners
•Always love a mosaic pin thrown in every now & then...

But ultimately whatever you guys decide to do, it ALWAYS looks & feels good. Keep on rockin' Fiddleback Forge!

Back