• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hard thin D2 skinner. African blackwood. Sold, thank you

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This knife is sold, thank you.

This has a high (past tangent) thin hollow grind taken down to .015" at the edge. Premium blackwood. D2 with cryo and tempered to HRC 62. This is a high quality HT that is proven to perform. The edge is thin and quite sharp.

Blade is 3 5/8" hollow ground, 7 3/8 OAL. Basic belt finish followed with tumbling and Scotchbrite (nothing fancy).

Comes with a nice basic leather pouch sheath. A lot of folks are using these in their kitchens and have no use for a sheath. You can knock off $20 if you don't want the sheath.

Price with sheath: $150

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Recent changes in posting rules dictate that sellers can not post in a thread within 72 hours of another post. Otherwise it is considered early "thread bumping", which is frowned upon. So I will reply to any questions with an edit to this post.

I take checks, cash and money orders. I'm now also taking PayPal.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Last edited:
Based on the new posting rules, I'm going to go ahead and say that this is a great looking knife. Are those stainless pins?

Based on the new posting rules, I'm going to go ahead and say that this is a great looking knife. Are those stainless pins?

well.... based on my understanding of the current state of the rules, I think I can post in this thread now...

Thanks.

Yes. The pins are 304 stainless.

Back