• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Harsey Applegate-Fairbairn

Need to pay some bills (where is that violin-playing smiley ?). Cleaned the closet (I'm not really a collector, more of a packrat I guess ;) ) looking for items that others might be interested in and found this, among other things.
Not sure it counts as a custom (forgive me if I posted this in the wrong place), but it is a
handmade by William Harsey version of the
Applegate-Fairbairn fighting knife, made in the late 1980's (I'm pretty sure, I remember when I bought it, but don't have any paperwork on it). There are signatures of A and F etched on one side and Harsey's on the other (see pic). The number 1058 is stamped on the guard.
It has a bead-blasted finish, the original edge - I never used it or sharpened it. There are some sheath marks on the blade and guard. It has a Tex Shoemaker leather sheath.

I'm asking $400 now $350 + shipping (shipped USPS Priority CONUS only, insured with delivery confirmation). Payment by US Postal MO or paypal for an additional 3%.

SOLD thanks!

email me if interested,
thanks for looking
harseyAF.jpg

harsey-sig.jpg

Harsey did these custom as well as a custom Smatchet in the 1980s I believe.

dogrunner: Please contact me, I would like to get a better picture of this knife, I typically collect old al mars, I just aquired the harsey made shiva protoype, and this knife would look good with it. John at infobound1@aol.com.

infobound1 said:
dogrunner: Please contact me, I would like to get a better picture of this knife, I typically collect old al mars, I just aquired the harsey made shiva protoype, and this knife would look good with it. John at infobound1@aol.com.

That is a GOOD price for a Harsey made A-F!

infobound1, unless the piece that you have is marked prototype, ALL Shivas from that time frame were made by Bill Harsey. FWIW.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Steve: Thanks for the info, The shiva, I purchased is from larry martins collection, MVP broke the collection down and is selling them off, The one I puchased is the prototype with all of the paper work, from al, bill and larry. It is actually a beautiful Knife. Signed by both al mar and bill harsey, It was sold to larry 12/29/83 for a whopping $275.00 wish those prices would come back again! Thanks John Swayne at infobound1

I just spoke to Bill Harsey about that knife posted. He informed me that the pictured knife is one of the real early ones that he built for the late Col. Applegate. This is identified by the signature type. He was learning how the etching system worked and had to blast the blade after etching the create the look it has.

Back