Has Anyone Gone To The Land Of Too Toothy And Survived To Tell The Tail ?

So, many of you take the knife to a location where you have powered equipment set up for sharpening. DM

So, many of you take the knife to a location where you have powered equipment set up for sharpening. DM

For me, I only use power if doing a regrind or sharpening for $ or tinkering.

The basic strategy stays the same for most of my sharpening - 800- 1k or about 400 ANSI as a base and then a slight microbevel with a much finer stone. This is also for kitchen utility knives, paring knives and rough use stuff I just sharpen at 200 grit or so and leave it, Chef's knife gets a brighter polish.

For me, I only use power if doing a regrind
2 on this.
Actually I only use power tool if the edge thickness at shouder is over 1,5 mm then I use for tinning it.
I use to take the “location” to where I have my knifes. ;)

Last edited:
for me it is 95% power and 5% Wicked Edge.....power being 3 kalamzoos and 1 viel...1 x 42" - 2 have penn state variable speed motors.
Wicked Edge i charge $25.00 per knife or more and power from 3 bucks and up......depending mainly on length.

farmers markets, gun shows etc....and inside local Williams-Sonoma store 1 thur. per month where i use WE and power.......Whole Foods pays me as a vendor by the hour to sharpen customer knives for free.....3 days before thanksgiving and 2 before christmas - 3 per visit (knives)
Pa6vT6e.jpg

uMYu6vo.jpg

08HTKru.jpg

9A1k7SJ.jpg
6iZ7KFN.jpg

04fLvZX.jpg

undefined.jpg

Back