Has the Al Mar Ultralight line been discontinued?

If you want an Al Mar, buy the Moki equivalent. There are some differences - the Moki's are back locks, not front locks, the bolsters are longer to the point of being a "modern" barlow, and there are no clips & thumbstuds on the micarta models.
The Moki equivalent to the Al Mar Hawk & Falcon is the Moki Blakiston Fishowl small and large. The handles are also rounder than the ultralights.

And no, the Kershaw AM series is not a real replacement. Get one if you like, but it has none of the feel. It is the larger cousin to the Al Mars - fine if that's what you like.

The Nemesis MPR-1 is hard to sharpen. The thumbstud is well placed for leverage when opening, but gets in the way for sharpening. Nice feel, looks more "tactical" to non-knife people. Not a bad buy at $75.

Thank you. I have this knife. Pretty damn nice for $30.00.

That wasn't a sarcastic post, in case anyone thinks it was. I was gifted one of those knives, and was pretty floored by the quality for the money. :cool: :thumbsup:

If you want an Al Mar, buy the Moki equivalent. There are some differences - the Moki's are back locks, not front locks, the bolsters are longer to the point of being a "modern" barlow, and there are no clips & thumbstuds on the micarta models.
The Moki equivalent to the Al Mar Hawk & Falcon is the Moki Blakiston Fishowl small and large. The handles are also rounder than the ultralights.

I tried searching but have been unable to find any Moki gnetleman folders with pockets clips. Do you know of any?

I spent a year in Japan and saw Moki's at the few knife shops I found, and own a tiny neck knife Moki with the impeccable fit and finish.

I have two Fallkniven folders made by Moki. Both absolutely superb, and both among my very favourite knives.

Back