Hats & Knives

Thanks mate,

Here's a quick shot, I've had it about 20 years.
BYPXAh.jpg
Perfect !

Dermatologist says I have to keep the sun off my face and should wear hats year-round. I've just been using ball caps, but some of you cowboys have got me thinking about other styles, especially in the summer. ;):thumbsup::cool: Don't know if I could really pull off that look, though. And what does something like "7x" mean?

I'm probably more likely to go with a straw hat something like this to honor my dear departed paternal grandfather who always wore hats like this in the summer (but not as fancy, just plain straw hat with green visor on brim).
View attachment 1161554

- GT
You can do it GT!!! Your avatar shows you can pull it off. But the straw hats with the green visor are cool too. :cool: Both my maternal grandparents wore them when perch fishing on Saginaw Bay. They look so cute it puts a smile on my face each time I remember them out in the boat together. :)

Last edited:
You can do it GT!!! Your avatar shows you can pull it off. But the straw hats with the green visor are cool too. :cool: Both my maternal grandparents wore them when perch fishing on Saginaw Bay. They look so cute it puts a smile on my face each time I remember them out in the boat together. :)
Thanks for the "cheerleading", James. :) If we go by my avatar, I may need to grow a mustache again to make the hat style work for me. I had a mustache for 25 years, but am reluctant to go back to facial hair.

Seems to me I have a straw hat with green fabric on the underside of the brim forward.
Here's the green one.
PBjKLFw.jpg

And the black one.
EnbdI2C.jpg
Both of those a quite chic for straw hats!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks for the "cheerleading", James. :) If we go by my avatar, I may need to grow a mustache again to make the hat style work for me. I had a mustache for 25 years, but am reluctant to go back to facial hair.

Both of those a quite chic for straw hats!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

- GT
Hey, Gary, are Cheesehead Hats popular in your neck of the woods?
ufiHYBM.jpg

They provide plenty of shade. ;)

Or how about this cap?
atk5aEh.jpg

Hey, Gary, are Cheesehead Hats popular in your neck of the woods?
ufiHYBM.jpg

They provide plenty of shade. ;)

Or how about this cap?
atk5aEh.jpg
Good suggestions, Vince, but I don't think they're quite right for me! ;)

The Cheeseheads live in Wisconsin on the other side of Lake Michigan from me. (I wonder if Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer wears one of those hats while gardening? :D)

And my daughter would consider the grandpa hat to be applying too much pressure regarding childbearing decisions that are NOT mine to make! :eek:

- GT

The Cheeseheads live in Wisconsin on the other side of Lake Michigan from me. (I wonder if Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer wears one of those hats while gardening? :D)

And my daughter would consider the grandpa hat to be applying too much pressure regarding childbearing decisions that are NOT mine to make! :eek:

- GT
I don't wear either one myself! I was teasing you about the cheesehead because I figured you might be a Detroit Lions fan. ;)

Foxy Grandpa was a comic strip from the first two decades of the 20th century:
1D70DFA8-6AB6-43EB-B4BD-CBCB180230E9.jpeg
It was about a sly grandfather who always outwitted his grandsons. It is my understanding that the hat in my photo was featured in an episode of Sponge Bob Squarepants. It was probably not a reference to the comic strip, but who knows?
48BA479B-C1DD-4AFB-BC86-33BFF587BAE1.jpeg
One of my sons gave me the hat when my first granddaughter was born. Guess he thought it was funny!

- GT
NO !!!:eek::eek::eek:

Harry

Back