Hats & Knives

N
I don’t think I can match a Yorkshire mariachi, but I can do a Pennsylvania cowboy. :D

15htfeZ.jpg
Nice knife:thumbsup: What brand and type is it?

48427061377_ba8618b70e_h.jpg

I had to. :D

View attachment 1202539

Well that little bird is wearing a hat. My Case Texas Jack in CV. Something about the simplicity makes this a great little EDC. Wish I could find another in stainless in a different colour bone.

,,,Mike in Canada

I don’t think I can match a Yorkshire mariachi, but I can do a Pennsylvania cowboy. :D

15htfeZ.jpg

How about a proper English gentleman? :D

6yEUKSR.jpg
These posts are quite whimsical and clever, I like it:D:thumbsup:

Here's my best "Western Hat" with a Mike Irie "Sport 100"

The hat is a Mallory Fifteen "Pliafelt" originally sold by Tucker's in McAllen, TX - probably early 1950's. Beautiful thing, buttery soft and super lightweight.
Looks a lot like the hat my grandpa used to wear every day. Very cool. :cool: :thumbsup:

Here's my best "Western Hat" with a Mike Irie "Sport 100"

The hat is a Mallory Fifteen "Pliafelt" originally sold by Tucker's in McAllen, TX - probably early 1950's. Beautiful thing, buttery soft and super lightweight.
Great piece of headwear.:cool::cool::cool:

Horsewright Horsewright Good evening, thought you may be interested in this, not only as cattle farmers , but also as makers of leather products. When i was a kid growing up, spent my school holidays at my families home in the country. My cousin was a cattle and sheep stockman and auctioneer, and i went to sales with him. He said i had to be dressed for the part,and to make myself useful, so he bought me my first hat and a cattle cane/prod. These are not what i had as a kid, but things i bought myself as i got older. Thought you would be interested in the cane. It is for use rounding up cattle in yards and loading onto trucks. It is made with a Kangaroo hide handle grip, on a 4 foot cane with Kangaroo hide flaps. No good for paddock work, but really useful for yard work.:thumbsup:
UgvSupe.jpg
tvJTvnv.jpg

Horsewright Horsewright Good evening, thought you may be interested in this, not only as cattle farmers , but also as makers of leather products. When i was a kid growing up, spent my school holidays at my families home in the country. My cousin was a cattle and sheep stockman and auctioneer, and i went to sales with him. He said i had to be dressed for the part,and to make myself useful, so he bought me my first hat and a cattle cane/prod. These are not what i had as a kid, but things i bought myself as i got older. Thought you would be interested in the cane. It is for use rounding up cattle in yards and loading onto trucks. It is made with a Kangaroo hide handle grip, on a 4 foot cane with Kangaroo hide flaps. No good for paddock work, but really useful for yard work.:thumbsup:
UgvSupe.jpg
tvJTvnv.jpg
Oh come on now.Tell the truth. Your mother bought them to use on your behind because you played hookie from school.;)
I like the one on the right.I had one similar that I used when riding a certain horse that I had. Seemed he always needed coaxing when crossing water.

Well for cattle work we use these plastic things that Doug (look careful ya can see his knife) is holding. We call em a paddle. The red plastic part is hollow and has some hard plastic beads in them. They rattle pretty good.

IsR5TNB.jpg
No wonder THEY work, old bovine probably thinks it's a RATTLER.:eek:;)

Back