Hats??????????

KFU

Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator
So I have had a some requests for hats. I wear hats alot so I would be in for one for sure but I would like to get a feel if anyone else would be interested. Just post up if you might want in and Ill go from there
with type, etc. For example, I don't like hats that have a clasp on back, I prefer velcro or stretch fit. Anyone interested? I think the minimum order is 12 but obviously the more I order the cheaper it gets. Im thinking if I can keep the price around 30.00 shipped it would be good.

YUP,velcro strap.
You know I'm in for one & maybe two.

Last edited:
Chris, I would be open for 1, possibly 2 as gifts. That cliche saying "Fits Most" . . . . . . My head is not in the "Most" group . . . . . :)
Be safe.
p.s.: Got the "welfare box" today, will p/m you later . . . . :thumbup:

Bill, thats funny. It reminds me of my dad. On a normal velcro hat I have the strap pretty much as it comes. My dad has to open his all the way out and its still a little tight! I don't think they make XL adjustable hats!

Chris, I have to laugh about it now as well. In the 5th and 6th grades when I played football, they had to get me a helmet from the high school to wear . . . :eek:
The rest of my team's helmets were white, guess who had the only red helmet on our side of the ball ??? ??? Made it real easy to get my a$$ yelled at, couldn't really hide from anything. Once I got into high school and college, didn't seem to have as much trouble finding one to fit.
The worst part of the 5th grade was the day my mom and grandmother brought my new cleats to school to make sure they fit . . . . 5th grade, size 9 1/2 . . . . . the rest is history as they say . . . . .
Be safe.

I'm in for at least one.
I would make it KFU Brown with KFU Orange logo
embroidered on the front and "Knives For Users"
embroidered on the back, 6 Panel low profile with
Velcro Strap or Stretch Fit.
Just a suggestion of course.

Yes please!!! I'm always in need of more hats and would definitely be in for one. I'm a velcro guy. Not to big on the clasps or stretch.

Exactly what I was thinking MW. I like unstructured hats so they don't sit to tall at the top. Let me see what I can come up with.

So here is what Im thinking. I would like to make the logo bigger and it will have either KFU or Knives For Users on the back. Its a six panel unstructured low profile made with rayon/bamboo cotton.
wm-front.jpg

Just found out that thats the largest the logo can get. If I cut off the KFU I can make the circle part bigger and put KFU on the back. What you guys think?

Just found out that thats the largest the logo can get. If I cut off the KFU I can make the circle part bigger and put KFU on the back. What you guys think?

I think it would be perfect with the Logo a little larger on the front and either KFU or Knives For Users on the back, Or even Knives For Users with KFU on top of it on the back.

I'm in for at least one.
I would make it KFU Brown with KFU Orange logo
embroidered on the front and "Knives For Users"
embroidered on the back, 6 Panel low profile with
Velcro Strap.
Just a suggestion of course.
Yeah buddy.

The hat in the pic is perfect in my book with the full logo on the front.

So here is what Im thinking. I would like to make the logo bigger and it will have either KFU or Knives For Users on the back. Its a six panel unstructured low profile made with rayon/bamboo cotton.
wm-front.jpg
Not sure about the rayon bamboo,but you can't go wrong with cotton.

I would be in for a one. I would probably prefer strectch fit and unstructured if thats possible. Velcro closure isnt bad but definitely a no clasp back for sure. The design would be good with the larger logo on front and just "KFU" on back. I also think any embroidery on the back looks better when its a stretch fit hat because the text can sit flat & straight at the bottom instead circular around the opening.

I just found a place another maker uses for his stuff. They have a ton of hats to choose from. Im getting them to send me two different hats. One velcro, one flex fit, unstructured in brown with logo on front and KFU on back. Should have it tomorrow. They are much cheaper as well for the same exact hats.

3" brimmed boonie cap would be nice for those of us who don't wear ball caps. :)

Otto Hats have alot of variety. Check out their six panel section. I prefer to go with a structured firm front panel, 6 panel, velcro enclosure. See here http://ottocaps.com/style.php?style_id=19-503. I just went with 100 of these and they are at the embroidery shop now. 100% cotton twill or brushed bull denim. These hats only cost about $3 each plus the embroidery fee. You should have a 4x2 inch area, for your logo. Round ones are more of a pain cause you only have 2" of height to deal with. See if you can make something rectangular. You should be able to do the hat listed above or similar for under $10. The flex fit would be more. I just went through a hat learning experience for this 100 hat run. It's a little nerve racking, hoping they will come and look real nice. I mean it's 100 of them.
Randy

Find someone local to do it for you. They can help you with your logo, digitize it, and give you a sew out before you put it on a hat. Most folks will charge you a setup fee for the pattern, but after that any more runs will not have that fee.
Randy

Back