Have you ever experienced a "knife incident" at your place of work?

I used to take this SAK to work to open my snack packs (usually peanuts) and one time I found it was missing from my pocket and I went back to the break room and looked but couldn't find it so I emailed the receptionist (who had a lost and found box) and asked her and she said somebody had just dropped it off.

I stopped by her desk and picked it up. It was quite an incident!

Here is the knife. The cat wasn't involved but he's a good cat and I have found more people 'like' my pictures when the cat is included so ....

not surprised it caused an incident.
it’s tactical black, has a cross on it, plus looks like you’re grabbing a pussy...

/sarcasm off

When I was in college, our instructor asked the class if anyone had a knife she could use to cut something. She was rather surprised when most of the class raised their hand.

Only knife related incident I ever had at a job was when I worked for Home Depot and my boss told me I couldn't use my pocket knife to cut open pallets of merchandise when stocking.

Never have had a problem, at first people would see me use mine all day at work , Then people would ask to look at them..... by that point anyone who knows me at work is aware my knives are "stupid sharp" lol

Now almost everyone in my shop carries a knife and asks me what they should buy next... but I also end up sharpening everyone's knives because of it lol

Was working for an advertising agency in NYC circa 2000 and I used my Spyderco to help open a couple of things around the office (FedEx box, box of mints with a tough plastic cover, etc.) and was called into the VP's office for "flourishing a weapon". I calmly explained how I helped a few people open a few packages and that it was a simple tool. Didn't help that I used to come to work limping and with black eyes from time to time (was playing Rugby then)
In about 2013 I was working in an office on a contract for a company that handled investment documents (and was understandably uptight and "secure") I was quietly approached at my desk by security and walked to the parking lot to place my knife in my vehicle. Someone spotted a pocket clip when I was in the cafeteria.

I've never had to hide that I carry a knife to work, nor have I had to go hide one in my car. Then again, the OP seems to work at a very different type of job than I do.

I've never arrested, nor would I want to arrest a "decent" person for carrying a knife, but I have been attacked by people with knives, and I've saved some people who were being attacked by persons with a knife. Like most cops, I would rather be shot than stabbed or sliced up.

Never have had a problem, at first people would see me use mine all day at work , Then people would ask to look at them..... by that point anyone who knows me at work is aware my knives are "stupid sharp" lol

Now almost everyone in my shop carries a knife and asks me what they should buy next... but I also end up sharpening everyone's knives because of it lol

Same thing here, I used to bring my sharpening gear in once or twice a quarter and take care of a few different squads and even my relief shifts. Oddly enough, it didn't take long before a few rookies expected that I should sharpen theirs and acted like I owed it to them. I'm all for helping people out, but it seems there are always a few that ruin it.

I am a retired Parole Officer. I got stabbed while serving a warrant several years ago. It did not bleed as much as I thought it would, but it sure did hurt.

Prison is a no go for amy item than can be used as a weapon. If you get caught with even a pocket knife while you are working in a prison, expect felony charges.

I am a retired Parole Officer. I got stabbed while serving a warrant several years ago. It did not bleed as much as I thought it would, but it sure did hurt.

I got stabbed one time where I was spurting, I can't say as it was enjoyable. I think its primal, or that there is a fear of puncture / stabbing that runs deep in all of us. I'm glad you getting shanked was something you were able to recover from.

Back