Have you ever forgot your knife?

I left the house a little late this morning. I live in Southern California and we had a rare rain day. Rushed out the door expecting traffic. Stopped for coffee and I realized my EDC (830 Marksman) wasn’t in my right front pocket.

I left my knife in the pants I wore last evening. Besides not having a knife for my every day mundane tasks not having a knife made me feel a little exposed.

Of course today while fueling up I was fortunate enough to be able to meet and greet an individual who wasn’t happy I wouldn’t donate my spare change. Nothing came of it but I was wishing I had my EDC!

Have you ever forgot your knife?

I rarely forget, but every so often I find myself without my one-hand opening clip-knife in my right pocket.

However, I ALWAYS have my Vic Waiter in my left front - I never forget that for whatever reason.

I would say about once a year do I forget to put a knife in my pocket.

I also do have a fixed blade in my truck.

best

mqqn

I keep three pairs of pants set up, work pants, jeans, and short jeans. I used to have to move my belt and knife each time I changed pants. So I bought 2 more belts. Now all I had to do was move my knife wallet and keys. That was still a pain in the but, so I bought 2 more sheaths, this worked good, but once in a while I would realize I was wearing an empty sheath. Not good. So when I could afford it, I bought 2 more knives. So now all I have to do is move my wallet and keys, and never forget my knife. If this seems excessive consider a typical day.

A typical day can go like this, home from work, change into short jeans, cook on the grill have supper decide to go for a ride on my bike, change into long jeans, then get called back into work, change back into work pants. If it matters my knife has always been a Buck 110.

I'd rather forget my wallet and phone, than my Buck knife.

I think I might have forgotten to put one of my knives in my pocket once over the decades, but I've never forgotten all of them.

I forgot that I had one that my Nephew gave me, the guy at the airport reminded me about it though, and even showed me where it was at...

GASPPPP :eek: ... forgot my knife? ... I have walked out the door without my truck keys but I can't remember forgetting my knife ... slide my wallet in my pocket knife is laying right beside it n goes in next ... and holster next except the very rare occasion a gun doesn't get to come along.

My father-in-law is famous in our house for always ,always having a knife with him and most times a flashlight too. If you ask him if he has one he will say " I got my pants on don't I " I picked up the habit of carrying one at all times too. I started the tradition of having a big sheath in all my vehicles that I call my Truck Buck..

Rarely, but it did happen - yesterday! I keep a backup folder in my glove box just for these occasions.

Glad to see that I am not the only one that travels with spare Buck's in my truck. I always have a 105 in the truck with me just to make me feel comfortable. As for carrying I am like your father in law. If I have my pants on I have at least 2 knives with me. Most time it is a 112 and now days a 301. Today it was 110 on my belt, 112 in left pocket and 301 (schrade made version) in my right front pocket.

My father-in-law is famous in our house for always ,always having a knife with him and most times a flashlight too. If you ask him if he has one he will say " I got my pants on don't I "?

Are you my son???? :) I have used that last line a few times myself.

I am more likely to forget, loose or set down my "reader" eye glasses so I have extras of them in each vehicle, in the barn shop, tool box of the tractor, and....

I just checked, today I am at 42.4 ounces for a all day pocket load out with today's "beater" knife being a Cold Steel Spartan (front right), LED Lenser single cell AA flashlight (front right), Ruger LCP (back right), a spare six round magazine (front left), normal sized I Phone 6 (front right) and my wallet (back left). The only thing I drop during the day is the wallet, everything else is there from morning to night. Then we get into the belt.... Needless to say, I wear pants and shorts with good pockets!

Some things you just can't be without. I figure it's part of my physical fitness plan!

Never. There is always two or three on me at any given time, plus several in my vehicles, plus several in my EDC bag that travels with me. I’ve come quite close, but luckily I had that “missing something” feeling that brought me back to reality. I agree with feeling “naked” without my tools (knife and 99% of the time my flashlight as well).

Every so often 'old timer's disease' will kick in and I'll get in my truck and drive off without my EDC. When I remember I get one of the spares that's in the glove box or console. Preston

Very few times I leave without a knife,as others have said,I have a couple backups in truck.:thumbsup:
I use my knife at work & lunch daily,so it's as important as knowing ur anniversary date.:D

I had my 1st Duke slide out of my pocket getting out of my truck when parked up hill and lost it years ago. Got to work and it wasn't there. Retraced in my head and figgered that's what had to have happened after calling home to see if I had left it there(it wasn't). Went back to the scene to look for it, but no luck. Someone in Clairton Pa got a real nice knife that day. On the rare occasion that I forget my knife, I get that same sick feeling every time. I keep one in my glove box for just such an occasion so I don't walk funny without a knife in my left pocket.

I actually have never forgotten to carry a knife once that I can recall since I started to carry one.

My hat and knife are the most important things, they're even more important than my wallet and phone.

Without those I don't buy anything and I don't call or check forums, but without my hat and knife I am not me.

I forgot one the other day when I had to change pants in a hurry to go for an appointment. I just grabbed everything in my pocket in one scoop and dumped it all in the other pants. I got a little ways away from home and realized I did not have my primary pocket knife, but only a Vic classic SD. I felt naked all the rest of the day.

Normally, I have a knife in my shorts, a knife in my jeans, and a knife in my dress pants.

Unfortunately I do quite often, but I do have an excuse. I work for a company that does not allow employees to carry their own knives. I remember to put one in my pocket outside of work about 75% of the time. Before I would have never left the house without one.

Back