Have you ever forgot your knife?

I carry one of my 11 Buck Vantages daily. I have forgotten to put one in my pocket when I go to work one and a while. The whole day I am reaching down at the empty pocket where the Vantage should be.

I never used a smaller folder like the 303 or 301 till I got the club BG42 301..Now I find it's one I always have with me since I don't carry on my belt as often as I use to. I can say I never forget my knife because I have one of the credit card type cheep novelty knives in my wallet . A knife saved me in the early 70's after a massive error in judgment that helps me to remember to always have one with me .

All the time.... once at the blade show I got a splinter and asked if anyone had a knife (pause noticing THE looks:rolleyes:) that I could get a splinter out with ? ;)

Maybe once or twice. I usually carry more than one so it's kinda hard to forget now. I also keep a vantage and a bantam in my bag just in case...

I have a spare knife in each truck just in case I forget mine. The 446 Goliath and my Duke w/ s30v. Like trevor I have on occasion been approached by a drugged up pan handler. DM

Thanks for all the responses. I did have a 110 in my truck center console underneath all the “everything else I throw in there”. I’m usually really good about patting my pockets when heading out of the house. Wallet, phone, key’s, knife.

You guys are missing an opportunity here. Everytime I go on vacation, I intentionally forget my knife and my wife feels sorry for me (she knows my knife is like a cell phone is to her) and she either buys me another one, or she suggests I go buy another one. And she ain't as cheap as I am, she'll spend the money more freely and usually get something nicer than I would pick out.

Yep, I hate that. Sometimes I do it on purpose. If I'm traveling to a nearby town with a knife shop, just as an excuse to pick up something new.

Have you ever forgot your knife?

No, never! Of course not!

And you call yourself a knife nut, you should be ashamed. No self respecting knife nut would ever forget their knife/knives...... or at least admit to it on a forum this big. :eek:

Just kiddin'.

It's a rare occasion that finds me completely knifeless. Ever since I took to wearing a small knife as a necklace when I was a kid, (back then I had this tiny 1 1/4" pearl and brass handled Colonial single blade pen knife. Which gave way to a few other similar little gold handled necklace knives till I bought the Spyderco Titanium Mini-Police necklace back in the 90s.

I wore that Mini-Police till 5 years ago when I retired it after finding out how rare and valuable they were. :) Now I wear a silver chain with a Victorinox, smooth Alox/aluminum Money Clip/Executive.

Yeah I think everyone here has forgotten to toss their favorite tool and EDC item into their pocket before walkin' out the door but if you're like 99.9% of us here, even if you walked out the door with out your "favorite" knife, you probably had 1 on your key ring, 1 in your glove box, 1 at work somewhere...

You can see where I'm comin' from? Always makes the Mrs laugh though when I'd go into the kitchen to get a snack or make something to eat and exclaim, "Crap, I don't have a knife!" She'll always walk in and start pullin' knives from my pockets askin', "What's this then?...and this? Huh?" as she pulls knives from my pockets like a magician pullin' silk scarves from his sleeve or rabbits from his hat.

Yea, it happens on a very rare occasion but there's always a backup and I can always go back home or to the truck and slip one into my pocket till I can get my favorite blade back in there. ;).

Could always use it as an excuse to buy a new knife. :) Whatever happens, I'm willin' to bet it'll be awhile before you do that again. ;)

Well, very rarely, and there are spares in my bag and glovebox. I never ever leave home without the old man pat down....

Actually, I rotate a few pocket knives, and picking them out in the morning usually helps me remember.

this never happened to me yet. i usually carry 3 if i manage to forget/loss 1 i still got 2.

It's a very rare occasion that I forget my knife. But when I do, it REALLY sucks! All you want to do is go home and get it!

I put a Spyderco Bug on my wife’s keychain and a tiny Kershaw on mine. Even if one of us forgets our knife, we still have one. :)

I think once, perhaps twice. It's a weird feeling, like forgetting to put my watch on. It hasn't mattered because I've got multi-tools in my truck, jeep and work vehicle but perhaps I need to add a good user knife as well. My only problem would be if I went with someone else.

I forgot my grohmann in another Provence recently. Called the hotel but it was long gone as soon as the maid saw it. I thought they'd put it in lost in found since I left them a few beers in the fridge.

Back