Have you ever forgot your knife?

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Christiantrevor, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Retired45

Retired45

Feb 22, 2016
    Haven't forgotten my knife. I'm at a point in my life where I have to do the old man patdown every time I leave the the house. Phone? Check. Gun? Check. Wallet? Check? Knife? Check. Kleenex? Check. And the biggy, zipper up? Check.

Bigbobg, JSutter, afishhunter and 4 others like this.
  2. Retired45

Retired45

Feb 22, 2016
    Oops just forgot my keys.

3. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    I carry one of my 11 Buck Vantages daily. I have forgotten to put one in my pocket when I go to work one and a while. The whole day I am reaching down at the empty pocket where the Vantage should be.

imafritz and honestlyinsane like this.
  4. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    I never used a smaller folder like the 303 or 301 till I got the club BG42 301..Now I find it's one I always have with me since I don't carry on my belt as often as I use to. I can say I never forget my knife because I have one of the credit card type cheep novelty knives in my wallet . A knife saved me in the early 70's after a massive error in judgment that helps me to remember to always have one with me .

5. 110 Dave

110 Dave

May 6, 2004
    All the time.... once at the blade show I got a splinter and asked if anyone had a knife (pause noticing THE looks:rolleyes:) that I could get a splinter out with ? ;)

6. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Maybe once or twice. I usually carry more than one so it's kinda hard to forget now. I also keep a vantage and a bantam in my bag just in case...

7. David Martin

David Martin Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    I have a spare knife in each truck just in case I forget mine. The 446 Goliath and my Duke w/ s30v. Like trevor I have on occasion been approached by a drugged up pan handler. DM

8. Christiantrevor

Christiantrevor

Apr 13, 2016
    Thanks for all the responses. I did have a 110 in my truck center console underneath all the “everything else I throw in there”. I’m usually really good about patting my pockets when heading out of the house. Wallet, phone, key’s, knife.

imafritz likes this.
  9. jec88

jec88

Mar 6, 2012
    You guys are missing an opportunity here. Everytime I go on vacation, I intentionally forget my knife and my wife feels sorry for me (she knows my knife is like a cell phone is to her) and she either buys me another one, or she suggests I go buy another one. And she ain't as cheap as I am, she'll spend the money more freely and usually get something nicer than I would pick out.

10. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    @jec88 I hope she does not see your post. She might not fall for that tactic anymore. :)

11. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Yep, I hate that. Sometimes I do it on purpose. If I'm traveling to a nearby town with a knife shop, just as an excuse to pick up something new.

12. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    No, never! Of course not!

And you call yourself a knife nut, you should be ashamed. No self respecting knife nut would ever forget their knife/knives...... or at least admit to it on a forum this big. :eek:

Just kiddin'.

It's a rare occasion that finds me completely knifeless. Ever since I took to wearing a small knife as a necklace when I was a kid, (back then I had this tiny 1 1/4" pearl and brass handled Colonial single blade pen knife. Which gave way to a few other similar little gold handled necklace knives till I bought the Spyderco Titanium Mini-Police necklace back in the 90s.

I wore that Mini-Police till 5 years ago when I retired it after finding out how rare and valuable they were. :) Now I wear a silver chain with a Victorinox, smooth Alox/aluminum Money Clip/Executive.

Yeah I think everyone here has forgotten to toss their favorite tool and EDC item into their pocket before walkin' out the door but if you're like 99.9% of us here, even if you walked out the door with out your "favorite" knife, you probably had 1 on your key ring, 1 in your glove box, 1 at work somewhere...

You can see where I'm comin' from? Always makes the Mrs laugh though when I'd go into the kitchen to get a snack or make something to eat and exclaim, "Crap, I don't have a knife!" She'll always walk in and start pullin' knives from my pockets askin', "What's this then?...and this? Huh?" as she pulls knives from my pockets like a magician pullin' silk scarves from his sleeve or rabbits from his hat.

Yea, it happens on a very rare occasion but there's always a backup and I can always go back home or to the truck and slip one into my pocket till I can get my favorite blade back in there. ;).

Could always use it as an excuse to buy a new knife. :) Whatever happens, I'm willin' to bet it'll be awhile before you do that again. ;)

danbot likes this.
  13. JSutter

JSutter Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Well, very rarely, and there are spares in my bag and glovebox. I never ever leave home without the old man pat down....

Actually, I rotate a few pocket knives, and picking them out in the morning usually helps me remember.

14. BabyPot

BabyPot

Feb 18, 2016
    this never happened to me yet. i usually carry 3 if i manage to forget/loss 1 i still got 2.

15. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    It's a very rare occasion that I forget my knife. But when I do, it REALLY sucks! All you want to do is go home and get it!

imafritz likes this.
  16. aztaco

aztaco

Jun 13, 2011
    I put a SAK rambler on my keychain so I never forget a knife

jc57 likes this.
  17. SharpieB

SharpieB

Oct 31, 2017
    I put a Spyderco Bug on my wife’s keychain and a tiny Kershaw on mine. Even if one of us forgets our knife, we still have one. :)

18. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I think once, perhaps twice. It's a weird feeling, like forgetting to put my watch on. It hasn't mattered because I've got multi-tools in my truck, jeep and work vehicle but perhaps I need to add a good user knife as well. My only problem would be if I went with someone else.

19. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2015
    I have a knife or two on my key chain. So if I walked out without my knife I have a back up on my keys. 15219059221333234234997540041726.jpg 20180324_083717.jpg

imafritz, pjsjr and redcanoe like this.
  20. Wallace Mutt

Wallace Mutt

Jan 24, 2016
    I forgot my grohmann in another Provence recently. Called the hotel but it was long gone as soon as the maid saw it. I thought they'd put it in lost in found since I left them a few beers in the fridge.