Off Topic Have you shot a suppressed firearm?

Quite a bit. Like others have said the 22, 9mm, 45 and 300blk subsonic are silly quiet. I will use plugs when shooting a lot of rounds at the range with supersonic rounds but I hunt with my 308 without plugs and without worrying, it is still below 140db and considered hearing safe. NFA items and the whole process seems intimidating at first but after you do it a time or two it's not a big deal. I really don't like to shoot without a can anymore, I've only been into them for about a year but I will buy mo
6r6s7L2.jpg

BtuBLAn.jpg

KdeoQ3y.jpg

lB2AL9Z.jpg
You need one for the scattergun !:p

Is that an Omega 9K on your CZ Nemesis? How do you like it? I think that is going to be my next one.
Yes it is! I like it a lot, it's very short and light so it helps maintain one of the scorpions biggest attributes.....it's size. Being a sleeveless design it's able to maintain a lot of internal volume for its size giving you a small package with a with surprising amount of suppression for its size. I would like to get a second 9k if that gives you an idea of how much I like it.

Started this thread a couple months back with the intent of buying a new Remington R1 Enhanced <suppressor ready, raised sights, etc.>. Got sidetracked.

Good news, however. Last week, I had an acquaintance contact me thru a mutual friend who knew I was on the trail of a can-ready pistol. Just so happens he wanted to move his BARELY SHOT <"Unsure of exact round count, but only part of a box of ammo"> CZ. Damn thing looks brand new, basically. Only catch I had to move fast and he didn't want it returned if I didn't like it.

So, read some reviews on the pistol and couldn't find much negative <nothing, really> about this model. So it was a no-brainer, especially after I saw it in person, and at the price point I was quoted even though I had my heart set on a 1911.

Next up, I'll be searching for a suppressor. Too bad we can't get those 2nd hand.

Looks like the threads are pretty standard-- lefty loosey and all that-- was a bit concerned that it may be some weird Euro wildcat thread job.

I got great response from the initial post, so now please provide me some suggestions on a specific model of can for this pistol. Thank you!
M7xRfQI.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, it's a 75b....sp01 variant...sorry if you CZ guys already had it pegged :oops:...it's my first Czech pistole! :D

Shape of the can keeps you from having to buy and install new suppressor height sights. Plus it's a good can with a lifetime warranty in case of any baffle strikes

Shape of the can keeps you from having to buy and install new suppressor height sights. Plus it's a good can with a lifetime warranty in case of any baffle strikes

I hope I don't have to have taller sights...these are already RIDICULOUSLY tall.:eek:

Yup, I also feel Silencerco is gonna be around a while if I do have to have some warranty work...cause it could be a pretty big problem dealing with a broke supp. and the company has went out of business.

Can you imagine if the Fed's deregulate a bit like with the HPA how it's gonna open up the suppressor business? It's gonna be CRAZY!!! :confused: There will be HUUUGGEE ;) demand for cans! Talk about a growth stimulus package, hahahah!

I hope I don't have to have taller sights...these are already RIDICULOUSLY tall.:eek:

Yup, I also feel Silencerco is gonna be around a while if I do have to have some warranty work...cause it could be a pretty big problem dealing with a broke supp. and the company has went out of business.

Can you imagine if the Fed's deregulate a bit like with the HPA how it's gonna open up the suppressor business? It's gonna be CRAZY!!! :confused: There will be HUUUGGEE ;) demand for cans! Talk about a growth stimulus package, hahahah!
That model already has suppressor sights so you're good either way. The osprey is a great can. I recommend getting a 45 caliber can so that you can shoot it on pretty much any pistol. I love my rugged obsidian 45 and highly recommend it, it's a two part user serviceable can that can be used in the k or full length configuration and since it's user serviceable it's good to go with 22lr. I also have a silencerco omega 9k and it's great but a bit more specialized.

I think I posted pictures of them here before but if I didn't I will if you'd like.

Quite a bit. Like others have said the 22, 9mm, 45 and 300blk subsonic are silly quiet. I will use plugs when shooting a lot of rounds at the range with supersonic rounds but I hunt with my 308 without plugs and without worrying, it is still below 140db and considered hearing safe. NFA items and the whole process seems intimidating at first but after you do it a time or two it's not a big deal. I really don't like to shoot without a can anymore, I've only been into them for about a year but I will buy more.

6r6s7L2.jpg

BtuBLAn.jpg

KdeoQ3y.jpg

lB2AL9Z.jpg
I think I posted pictures of them here before but if I didn't I will if you'd like.

I didn't see an Osprey in your posts <in this thread, at least>...they're kinda brick shaped, right?

They are a lot of fun. Also a great way to make friends at the range, everyone wants to try it.

I would recommend staying with one of the more well known companies like Silencerco or maybe Rugged. I have a Surefire rifle can which is great but their accessory support for their pistols cans has been really bad.

Here's my Silencerco Omega 9K, this is my favorite on my subguns.

MKE Z-5P
DSC_7869.jpg

MKE Z-5RS
DSC_7916.jpg

I'm impressed with my AAC Tirant 9 every time I have it out. It's a few years old so I'm sure there may be even better silencers now.

AAC Ti-Rant 45

Surefire 5.56 BK on a Colt 6940 w/Leupold Glass.
All a Zombieassassin needs, well, a bunch of Busse/Kin too.

Last edited:
At Vector Arms in Utah where I worked for years as a builder/machinist we built suppressors Uzi's Aks an a few other arms.. depends on the round and the supressor. A suppressor can be as silent as the a quiet bb gun if its a 10/22 .. moving up from there you need to use subsonic ammo if you want the best results. 9mm and most handgun rounds can be suppressed to be a slight pop with a good suppressor. When it comes to carbine and full power rifle calibers.. it becomes a little less of a bang but the idea is to dampen the destinct report from a distance.. so being the shooter you will only experience a some sound suppression. Also note that with some carbine and rifles..you are dealing with huge levels of psi that the suppressor will hold onto longer. if you are fitting the suppressor to a semi auto (gas powered) system.. the gas flow needs to be adjusted or the pressure can, an probably will blow your gun apart or at least damage it. The gas trap effect will also cause lots of gas blowback that can end up in your face or out the ejection port..
Anyhoo.... ya I'm excited for this as well..thanks Trump :)

Back