Off Topic Have you shot a suppressed firearm?

I have a pile of both screw on, 3 lug and Integrated from .17 all the way up to .338 Lupua.
They are all great.
If you are going to get one or two.. Get a good one made from Titanium so it's light and you'll want to use it.
I have several models and I'm a big fan of SilencerCo.
Right now I'm waiting for a Hybrid to come out of jail for my Big Horn Armory .460 S&W and I'm waiting for my Sig MPX-K (short barreled rifle)
Do your research and did I mention buy Titanium?
If you just want one for 7.62 and 5.56 try a SilencerCo Omega.
If you are ex-military they will let you buy under their LEO program around Veterans Day, you can save a couple hundred bucks.
Tax Stamp is $200 per item and takes about 8 or 9 months to get back.
The item sits in "Jail" until the Dealer gets the Stamp from the ATF.
A good dealer will let you pay it off over a few months while you wait for the stamp.

Be fore warned.. Once you start going NFA it will cut into your Busse Funds.

I have a pile of both screw on, 3 lug and Integrated from .17 all the way up to .338 Lupua.
They are all great.
If you are going to get one or two.. Get a good one made from Titanium so it's light and you'll want to use it.
I have several models and I'm a big fan of SilencerCo.
Right now I'm waiting for a Hybrid to come out of jail for my Big Horn Armory .460 S&W and I'm waiting for my Sig MPX-K (short barreled rifle)
Do your research and did I mention buy Titanium?
If you just want one for 7.62 and 5.56 try a SilencerCo Omega.
If you are ex-military they will let you buy under their LEO program around Veterans Day, you can save a couple hundred bucks.
Tax Stamp is $200 per item and takes about 8 or 9 months to get back.
The item sits in "Jail" until the Dealer gets the Stamp from the ATF.
A good dealer will let you pay it off over a few months while you wait for the stamp.

Be fore warned.. Once you start going NFA it will cut into your Busse Funds.

You HOGS are really helping me get up to speed with all your great posts...I expected no less, THANKS!

The advice is priceless because it kinda feels like whichever way I go, I need to really settle on it because it's PERMANENT. It's not like snagging a Chopweiler and deciding I don't like it and throw it back up on the Exchange and lose a couple bucks on the deal just to get the opportunity to test drive it.

So, every time a new manufacturer and model is mentioned in this thread, I'm downloading the product manual. I watched YouTube vids on some of the ones mentioned, in addition.

So far some seem somewhat user serviceable, some appear not so easy to break down. I like to mow my own lawn, so I usually always choose the more serviceable products.

Also, some supps. have the ability to be shot wet <with some 3m lube or something>...advantages / disadvantages?

I have shot several firearms with silencers ... smaller calibers can get pretty quiet and sound more like an air rifle. And can be fun to shoot especially a 22LR just a quiet day hunting.
I may have missed it in other posts ... but most silencers will affect point of aim and accuracey in some guns so be prepared to test some ammo or resight a firearm you add a silencer to ... sometimes you wont have to but in my experience usually have to adjust the sights slightly in worst case scenerio have had to switch ammo to get the sccuracey I want.

Unless it's a .22, I am of the opinion that a user serviceable can is not all it's cracked up to be. People tout it as an advantage but I'm not convinced. Anything on a suppressor that can unscrew will unscrew and if not caught in time you and the suppressor will have a bad day.

My Omega 9K is not user serviceable but my Octane is. You know what is not fun? Cleaning the Octane. The 9K is so much more user friendly, slap it on and go. With the Octane, the end cap comes screwed and needs to be checked. The blast chamber comes unscrewed, even though it isn't supposed to, and also needs to be checked. They red loctite it in which is pretty useless since after a mag or two it's hot enough undo the loctite.

In my opinion, the less failure points the better.

There's a bill in Congress with 137 cosponsors that would make anything Tennessee does meaningless.
And not in a bad way.
Check out H.R. 367 - Hearing Protection Act of 2017.
Probably won't go anywhere, but we can always hope.
I just read about an even better, recently introduced bill, the SHUSH (Silencers Helping Us Save Hearing) Act of 2017 - it would treat silencers as accessories requiring no federal approval to buy/sell.
https://www.lee.senate.gov/public/i...uce-the-silencers-helping-us-save-hearing-act

I strongly encourage everyone to contact your US representative and senators telling them you're in favor of these bills and ask them to become co-sponsors. If Congress gets enough letters/emails/phone calls in favor of the bills, they might pass.

To contact your legislators, see:
https://www.house.gov/
https://www.senate.gov/

Unless it's a .22, I am of the opinion that a user serviceable can is not all it's cracked up to be. People tout it as an advantage but I'm not convinced. Anything on a suppressor that can unscrew will unscrew and if not caught in time you and the suppressor will have a bad day.

My Omega 9K is not user serviceable but my Octane is. You know what is not fun? Cleaning the Octane. The 9K is so much more user friendly, slap it on and go. With the Octane, the end cap comes screwed and needs to be checked. The blast chamber comes unscrewed, even though it isn't supposed to, and also needs to be checked. They red loctite it in which is pretty useless since after a mag or two it's hot enough undo the loctite.

In my opinion, the less failure points the better.

Point taken and clearly stated, I appreciate it very much.

So, on the Omega how does it get cleaned? Self cleaning by firing a box of high velo rounds?

What about the supps. that can be fired wet <with that 3m lube>? Any difference?

I just read about an even better, recently introduced bill, the SHUSH (Silencers Helping Us Save Hearing) Act of 2017 - it would treat silencers as accessories requiring no federal approval to buy/sell.
https://www.lee.senate.gov/public/i...uce-the-silencers-helping-us-save-hearing-act

I strongly encourage everyone to contact your US representative and senators telling them you're in favor of these bills and ask them to become co-sponsors. If Congress gets enough letters/emails/phone calls in favor of the bills, they might pass.

To contact your legislators, see:
https://www.house.gov/
https://www.senate.gov/

Damn clever acronym...I bet that's some gov't. bureaucrat job-- Acronym Creator, salary 100k per year, pension & health plan.

For the Omega you can just use a plastic brush and solvent to get the loose crud off. It doesn't need more than that. I haven't tired shooting it wet.

Back