1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Heat Treating

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop: Services Offered' started by Darrin Sanders, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrin Sanders

Darrin Sanders Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 6, 2009
    ***withdrawn***

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  2. orangish ducktape

orangish ducktape

Oct 26, 2011
    Can you do D2 tool steel?

-orangish ducktape

3. Grease

Grease

May 10, 2012
    I've got some ATS34 stock on the way that'll need treatment when I'm done grinding it... Probably looking at a matching pair of boot/neck knives (6" OAL), and a larger bowie (10"-12" OAL). Sound like something you'd be interested in? (Assuming you're still doing this, that is.)

4. BRAINESTORM

BRAINESTORM

Apr 25, 2010
    I had Darrin do some ATS34 ,154 CM. 1095- 1085 . 10 Blades for me .
    The hardness was spot on ,,the quality was great,,priced great,, communications the best..
    Fast turn around..
    Thanks Darrin

5. Darrin Sanders

May 6, 2009
    Thanks Greg, glad you're happy with the service.

6. fishon217

fishon217

Feb 23, 2012
    Darrin, just got my blades back and i must say they turned out great. Thanks. I will be sending more soon.

7. Lennyo3034

Lennyo3034

Nov 27, 2012
    Are you still doing this? Can you heat treat CPM-M4?

8. Darrin Sanders

May 6, 2009
    I just bought a new hardness tester and have it up and operating. I can now guarantee that your blades will be within a point (probably closer) of your target hardness.

9. chuxwan

chuxwan

Aug 26, 2012
    Darrin, First thanks for offering this service for guys doing smaller runs - much appreciated.
    Would you be able to treat a larger knife chopper) where the blade is about 8"x2" and the OAL is close to 20"?
    What about integral tomahawks?
    Thanks

10. Darrin Sanders

May 6, 2009

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.