Heavy Ordnance Grade Basic 8 . . . HOGB8 . . . Specs, Pricing, & Pics!!!

I may ask Nate or Ban to convex mine if they're willing and I REALLY REALLY REALLY still want SAR jimping on the spine of the ricasso.
5KqwDGP.jpg

Hey Josh (REK), can you do these orbital cuts??? If so, you may be getting one of mine soon for jimping and sharpening!!!

I'd love to swap to Blk Res-C someday too on the BIG DCBB, but that's on the back burner until the CS opens back up.

Last edited:
I finally decided on the DC with a long clip. I originally was leaning towards the small drop, but it's seems really similar to an ASH2 or a FSH, which is fine, I just wanted something different. And like a lot of others, I think Will's input helped me get there.

I may ask Nate or Ban to convex mine if they're willing and I REALLY REALLY REALLY still want SAR jimping on the spine of the ricasso.
5KqwDGP.jpg

Hey Josh (REK), can you do these orbital cuts??? If so, you may be getting one of mine soon for jimping and sharpening!!!

I'd love to swap to Blk Res-C someday too on the BIG DCBB, but that's on the back burner until the CS opens back up.
I've been wondering if I could use my abrasive disc chop saw to put jimping on some of my other blades. But I'm concerned about generating too much heat.

I've been wondering if I could use my abrasive disc chop saw to put jimping on some of my other blades. But I'm concerned about generating too much heat.
Heat shouldn’t be a problem up there. Long way from the cutting area.

5KqwDGP.jpg

That looks sweet!

Hey I resemble all of that lol;) I went satin and full clip on one based on all available information and mostly based on Will Yorks reviews. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Satin looks and cuts better IMO even after its been used awhile!

Thanks for getting back to me on this. As per the Mrs all I was able to do was get a CG in black with the long clip. I showed her the price and she damn near had a stroke lol. I'm sure I could strip the coating off and do a ghetto satin myself eventually. This one would be a keeper for sure. Anyhow, thanks for the sound advice. You guys helped tip me towards the War Feather. Thanks bud.

Mull it over (quickly) and let AMY-0 know if you want to change your order to a WF. I think there's time if you just want ONE and you only want to to go with one version or the other.

Here's the other thing... You could just go with the standard and have REK or NATE (or Garth if the CS ever opens back up) do the WF mod later.

Maybe that wasn't helpful at all...... better just get two.;)

Thanks for the response Stump. I went ahead and emailed Amy as you advised. Hopefully she gets my email in time to add the War Feather for me. I decided to go CG with the long clip. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to strip it once it gets to me. I'm no expert in doing this but how hard can it be? Anyhow thanks for the sound advice. Take care bud.

Thanks for getting back to me on this. As per the Mrs all I was able to do was get a CG in black with the long clip. I showed her the price and she damn near had a stroke lol. I'm sure I could strip the coating off and do a ghetto satin myself eventually. This one would be a keeper for sure. Anyhow, thanks for the sound advice. You guys helped tip me towards the War Feather. Thanks bud.

Your very welcome sir! Glad you got it worked out. I don't believe there is such thing as a bad option for this release. And keeping the Mrs on the good side of Busse knives is important lol ;) -Cheers

Rob_Mob,

Good stuff, thanks. So you'll be going with the Standard blade profile? I love the old school look of the Lowered Drop Point. How do you think it will compare to the Standard in performance and utility?

John

Hey John,

Yes sir -- I'll definitely be going with the standard. The Drop Point looks great and shoot shift the "sweet spot" slightly closer to the handle. It's going to be beastly!

The last called pulled me in. I'm in for a forest green cg standard blade profile. First infi blade.

What is this Will Yorks review everyone keeps reffering to ? And how did I miss it ? I got Satin with Standard point + Penetrator tip, but was Really considering going with Long point, it sounds like that review may have pushed me over the edge. But i think by now i made my peace with my order. Its already bought and payed for, and switching tips would probably cause Amy a lot of hastle.
P.S.
I hope they skip the line on these guys, like they did on B13, and ship em out in few weeks lol

Can anyone plzz post a pic if Basic 8 with that War feather point, with the whole knife being in same pic, blade and handle.
Thanks

What is this Will Yorks review everyone keeps reffering to ? And how did I miss it ? I got Satin with Standard point + Penetrator tip, but was Really considering going with Long point, it sounds like that review may have pushed me over the edge. But i think by now i made my peace with my order. Its already bought and payed for, and switching tips would probably cause Amy a lot of hastle.
P.S.
I hope they skip the line on these guys, like they did on B13, and ship em out in few weeks lol
You really have to handle a War Feather to get it. Even at .22” blade thickness, the forward weight makes it a nice chopper with a very snappy action—easily clips off 1”+ dia green branches with a flick of the wrist.
View attachment 774809

With .35” blade thickness on a .23” tang, forward chopping weight is not something you’re gonna be worried about—it’ll be there in spades. What you’ll GAIN is speed and handling. Also, the long clip puts the point well down into the primary grind, which makes the point significantly thinner for MUCH better penetration. The War Feather blade profile IMO is a natural match for this set-up. Should be an incredible performer.

Looks like Jerry has also reduced the angle of drop between handle and blade from the original Basic profile, which will increase speed as well. Put that together with the WF clip, and I predict a deceptively quick blade for this beast. :thumbsup:

I have the feeling I'm going to miss out if I skip this offering. Heck I'm doing it. I just impulse bought a ZT 301 from Blade HQ. These two knifes should be perfect companions.Ultra Heavyweights. I'm in for a Forest green CG HOGB8

Back