Heavy Ordnance Grade Basic 8 . . . HOGB8 . . . Specs, Pricing, & Pics!!!

The standard HOGB8 (i ordered mine with BIG-DC finish) is just longer and sexier than the clip point or drop point. I want more knife not less knife

I am very excited for this one. I ordered one satin with drop point and one CG with regular blade and hammered silver finish.

Welp, there's last call email... :(

ETA - and the CG disappeared from the order page in the last 30 minutes...

There’s a GREAT comparison shot by cut-it-out of the B8LE and Dog Soldier side-by-side in Post 27 of the Dog Soldier-in-hand thread.

Clearly shows the difference in handle drop on the new model Res-C knives. :thumbsup:

^ Will, forgive my ignorance but you're referring to the angle of the blade to the handle, not the blade shape, right? Is the shape of the new Res C B8's Standard blade also similar to that of the Dog Soldier?

That’s correct—the angle of drop between the handle and blade has been changed, as Jerry mentioned in the OP of the HOGB8 release thread. Appears the Dog Soldier uses the same handle and angle, at least to my eye. The blade shapes are very different between the DS and B8.

Is it just me or does it look like the sweep of the belly is a tad bit more gentle on this one than the original B8? The original one swept up so hard and fast that it looked more like a tiny machete to me. For some reason this one looks pointer and knifyer to me. I'm sure I'll love the drop point I ordered but I keep going back for peeks of that standard blade like a guy sneaking looks at a pretty gurl while he's with his wife.

^ clampdaddy -- that's what I was thinking. To my eye (from the pictures) the Satin HOGB8 looks pointier than the Basic 8. By contrast, the BIG DC HOGB8 and CG look less pointy and more like the Basic 8. It may just be the photo though, not sure.

Color me confused (or drunk...)

Is the handle drop on this new fatty B8 different than the original?

Guy—

The standard HOGB8 is pretty much the same pattern as the previous Basic 8 with a slight modification in handle drop to edge angle. . .

Here’s cut-it-out’s side-by-side pic of a Dog Soldier next to a B8LE. Handle drop in HOGB8 pics looks similar to that on the DS, to my eye:

POp4mIv.jpg

Maybe Jerry could let us know if the HOGB8 handle drop is the same as on the Dog Soldier?

Last edited:
Hey Jerry—

Is the handle drop to edge angle on the Dog Soldier similar to that on the new HOGB8?

Thanks!

Back