Hell Razor 2 With A One-Time-Only Special Offer! ...Coming This Wed. 5/20/2020 At 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, May 18, 2020.

1. kakefat

kakefat

Oct 28, 2011
    What’s the weight on this one?

2. WalterDavis

WalterDavis KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 23, 2005
    @Tony G Tony, if you only had one, I think I have it! I’ll dig into the safe when I get home and see...

3. hookahhabib

hookahhabib Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2011
    These look so good! I hope everyone that wanted one was able to score...would have loved to get in on these but the wallet didn't allow such shenanigans :confused:

tinfoil hat timmy and ironwagon like this.
  4. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Stout. Well balanced. Not a fighter. But could be a good combat or survival blade. In my opinion.

It isn’t Bushcraft. It isn’t a “choppah.” It’s a heavy duty knife, without overbearing.

All that being said, I can try to weigh my comp finish tomorrow. But the last call on the BIG DC already dropped. You better get on it if you think you might be interested. Otherwise, go for coated. Or comp. The BIG DC is the steal deal though.

5. kakefat

kakefat

Oct 28, 2011
    I was thinking coated or comp anyway so that’s not an issue. The weight is a big factor for me though as I don’t want to have a medium size blade that weighs a ton. By the looks of it I would be more happy with it if it had a much higher grind. Awesome overall design though.

6. wvriverats

wvriverats

Nov 21, 2008
    Could someone explain the BIG DC coating for me? I am not familiar with it.

7. SW0nder

SW0nder Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2020
    Ordered the Big DC finish with black/tan G-10. Is it ready yet?? How do you guys cope with the waiting? Guess I’ll have to play with the cold steel war hawk until this beaut comes. Is it bad forum etiquette to post up pics of other stuff on a thread? [​IMG]

tinfoil hat timmy likes this.
  8. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Nice hawk.

Hellrazor is THE BUSSE non chopper that brought me to the trough. Owned a full flat ground one for a while. Looking forward to this one though.

I'm in for a DC and tan canvas. Hopefully I'll get some money put away for when the ding happens. Hopefully...............

ironwagon likes this.
  9. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm gonna grind the heck out of the shoulder for sure.

10. Mountain Wildman

Mountain Wildman

Aug 29, 2010
    If I recall correctly, the Big DC is a "Double Cut" finish, I had the NMFSH Double cut, and it looked like a fine bead blasted finish, not actually a coating.
    But, I could be wrong.

I ordered the Hell Razor 2 in Big DC with Maroon Canvas Micarta, just like the one in the first picture of this thread.

11. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Same.
    Got the DC in maroon canvas.

12. lmcq784

lmcq784 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Yes, BIG DC stands for Busse Industrial Grade Double Cut. And yes it's a two stage bead blast to a very smooth and fine finish. It's a really really nice finish.

wvriverats likes this.
  13. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    To expand on that just a bit, the "BIG" means (or originally meant) that it is not finished quite to the same standard as the regular version. That's what the "industrial grade" was supposed to mean. Thus, BIG Satin might be a bit rougher than standard satin. And the same for BIG DC.

That said, I don't see a difference in finish between the recent BIG DC blades and older ones with just plain DC.

ironwagon and lmcq784 like this.
  14. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm sure it will be top notch. Cant wait.

ironwagon likes this.
  15. Nuter

Nuter Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2020
    I've just barely resisted.
    It's so hard to resist. I've almost placed an order today.
    But I want Mistress. This is my target. I have to resist the temptation. Mistress is a must. I want it. Let's not lose focus.. (please..)

ironwagon likes this.
  16. wvriverats

wvriverats

Nov 21, 2008
    I can't wait!!! Got the BIG DC with tan canvas. Going to get a Buy Brown canvas Mutant for it.

ironwagon likes this.